Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior M7... m-wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 11:51 PM
rfibanez
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look who has come back with his stereotypes and ignorance...

>>What about those carbon fiber hoods? (oh wait now its fiber glass)

I saw the hood with my own two eyes and so did many others at the Long Beach Poker Rally...the hood is definatly not fiberglass.

The Flywheel is Real, the Brakes are real, the Control arms are real...The list goes on and you Coopertino have continuosly displayed your own personal gripes with peter on the boards. I suggest you take it to PM. There is a limited amount of time in a day for One person to deal with. Everything M7 has made available IS available.

Old 01-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I always get confused when someone complains to any vendor on this site that they were unable to bring out a product "on time". Yes, maybe many of them set early dates...but they usually tend to get the product out there eventually. I dont see how you can be so pushy when all they are trying to do is create a great product for YOU to put on your MINI. They cant help that there are unforseen obstacles (in the case of his hood and SC). So give him a break, its not like you are missing out on buying another SC or hood. M7 is the only one even offering them right now. I think that you should just be patient and have a little faith in him. He's just trying to help the MINI community by offering a larger selection of aftermarket parts.

PS i did not mean any personal attacks by this post. I just think that a little more respect should be shown to the vendors who not only offer us with more oppurtunities to modify our MINIs but also help in endorsing this site that we all love.

Old 01-29-2004, 12:43 AM
Coopertino
Banned
No no I understand development also dont get me wrong here guys. I was promissed pieces. Never happened, I would call and it would always go, yea will be ready to ship in two weeks deal.

rfibanez, no you dont get it, what about the supercharger, head, throttlebody, cam, header, exhaust etc... 12 months ago some of these pieces. I am just warning you guys. The point is not the wait time but the deception and lies that went along with it.

I just think you guys are giving way too much credit for M7's actual development skills when all the pieces that he actually developes are not available. The other products, he is just a reseller.

The key here is when something is under development dont promiss anything. Go back and look at the supercharger thread, he blew a gasket when people started asking serious questions about how do you plan on addressing different aspects and problems.

The thing that kills me on these latest threads is not M7 and what he is saying currently but all his followers who think he is the Mini GOD of performance parts. Its like your infected and not using your brain. Get some data before you start giving rave reviews about any products.

Thats why I choose to share with you my experiences, it kills me to see you guys scramble when he posts. Are you that hungry for new products even if they are ones of this nature?

Old 01-29-2004, 01:29 AM
'*Ace*'
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Label me as a "follower" if you want, but what I see, and have seen I like. Does that make you a person on the other side of the line? A M7 hater? Whatever, it doesn't bother me that you don't believe a word Peter says, thats your choice. But I have to ask, why are you maiing such a big deal over this whole thing? It isn't like this is a little cult, and Peter id the Supreme Master or anything. He is knowledgeable about the products that he sells, and has advised me on some of my mod decisions. That is why I respond positively to his threads.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:39 AM
M7
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The list of non excisting products.....

M7-Venom VCN 1000 Nitrous system Available for shipping 10 in stock

M7 Plasma Booster Available for shipping 5 in stock

M7 - TiCer Brake System Available for shipping Thursday next week

M7 m-wing available for shipping 3 in stock

M7 - Ultimate Grill Available for shipping 3 silver and 9 black in stock

M7 - Segmented Flywheel Available for shipping 9 in stock

M7- Clutch pack Available for shipping tomorrow 2 in stock

M7- 400cc Fuel injectors available for shipping 1 set in stock

M7- In tank performance fuel pump Available but made to order

M7 - Carbon Fiber Front Splitter Available for shipping in two weeks or less

M7 - Tubular Front Control Arms Available but made to order/bushings in stock

M7 - Billet aluminum rear control arms Two sets made, available very soon

M7- Turbo system for MC is testing with "zero" problems available very soon

M7- CF bonnet see below

M7- Twinscrew SC system see below

M7- Oil cooler system shipping in less then 2 weeks

The carbon Fiber bonnet/hood has been a very tuff product to make, as perfection is my middle name
I will not ship untill it's perfect. As of this week a new fiberglass version was made an we are extremly close to
where I need to be with the product.

The SC system, yes I should maybee been a little less enthusiastic about delivery time as it is a very complex
product. We are resuming the R&D work on this product and I promise it will be available asap.

As Coopertino is writing all this "information" about me,most of it false btw I have a sense I know who he is
and I will not stand for it.

Rear control arms.

MC Turbo system

Brake system

M7/Venom Nitrous system

CF Hood

M7 Tubular front controll arms

M7 m-wing

M7 Ultimate grill

Old 01-29-2004, 09:20 AM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
M7,

You take nice pictures.

Old 01-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Coopertino
Banned
M7 hater no. I just got tired of the broken promises. Then the promises continue on the forum here to you guys. It frustrates me.

I never stated that what he currently offers is garbage but just that some if it is not my style or doesn’t have much data to back it up. If he doesn’t like talking about his products in terms of performance or cost to performance then he is on the wrong forum. By the way none of the products he is listing here are the ones I am referring to except, the supercharger which he addressed and we did talk about the flywheel briefly.

I think that my point was taken by all of you and you understand that its buyer beware. I have no plans on continuing this conversation after this post however for the sake of the community, Peter please don’t exaggerate or promises things just for marketing glory.

For the record I am just an enthusiast and have no personal or professional gain by warning you of my experiences.

Old 01-29-2004, 06:57 PM
cuny
3rd Gear
i have never seen so much excitement in a post before. m7 you are the man and the mini is the clay. have fun and keep the mods comming. they sure are neat. i want a ride.

Old 01-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Detroit Tuned
Vendor - 15 Years
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
so which is better now the fiberglass or CF hood (BONNET)?? both are light weight right? is it just for price? give up the goods peter.

Old 01-30-2004, 12:16 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well now that the " god " of mini tuners JCW is using and showing on their site a wing VERY similar but possibly inferior to the M7 wing , at least in the central mounting area I am waiting for the outcry to JCW for the wind tunel numbers , what is the drag created and the claims that the car may be slower or worse yet not even need it ? For everyone asking what the wind tunnel results are please tell me what the numbers are on the stock version. Anybody have those figures? Anybody think BMW actually did it? Without those what good would it be to have the M7 numbers ? For all those that are pinning M7 to the wall do one of two things ,be fair and do the same to JCW or accept the fact that the damn thing might actually work.

Old 01-30-2004, 05:38 AM
mcs22004
5th Gear
>>Well now that the " god " of mini tuners JCW is using and showing on their site a wing VERY similar but possibly inferior to the M7 wing , at least in the central mounting area I am waiting for the outcry to JCW for the wind tunel numbers , what is the drag created and the claims that the car may be slower or worse yet not even need it ? For everyone asking what the wind tunnel results are please tell me what the numbers are on the stock version. Anybody have those figures? Anybody think BMW actually did it? Without those what good would it be to have the M7 numbers ? For all those that are pinning M7 to the wall do one of two things ,be fair and do the same to JCW or accept the fact that the damn thing might actually work.

Little doubt the JCW wing is first and foremost a marketing wing.

Old 01-30-2004, 07:24 AM
goin440
6th Gear
Patience. We're only in the second year of the MINI being available for sale in the US. So far m7 seems to be leading the pack with new, unseen before introductions in MINI products. On top of that, most m7 products are works of art in quality and performance. Because of that, I'm definently an admirer of his work.

I believe Peter has a lot of enthusiasim in innovating the MINI aftermarket. Give him a call and his excitement will likely rub off. Most of these "followers" have done just that and now salivate at each new piece. In talking to him, I believe Peter holds product quality as the most important factor in releasing something new. So to me, when an m7 product isn't available yesterday, it sounds just that much better to wait for.

I'm sure the SC will be released eventually. And when it does, its going to be badass. Badass is becoming synominous with m7 products. It'll be okay to wait for. :smile:

Old 01-30-2004, 08:11 AM
dandp
6th Gear
What is so rice oriented about his products? The wing? Again, look at the various pics of the JCW one. Please explain what you see as ricey about M7's products? I am truly curious. Do we need to re-visit the ricer debate in off-topic perhaps? This is not an '87 Accord with Pep Boy's products on it.

I see people putting Brembos, JCW kits and throttle bodies on their cars. There a number of well heeled owners out there spending fair amounts of money on their MINI's, especially on this board. I personally don't buy the pricing argument. The average MINI owner (and there are 10's of thousands of them that will do nothing to their car, and never visit a MINI related internet forum) may not even THINK about changing his runflats. But the entusiast will look for something funky, something different and some will want to have a product no one else has. If a Porsche owner can spend $15K on a set of Brembos on his car, what is so shocking about a MINI owner spending $3500 on ceramic brakes for his MCS? If M7 is perceived as a boutique aftermarket company, so be it.

Old 01-30-2004, 08:17 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You would be very suprised of the number of high end car owners, here in SO Cal at least ,hav a mini for a fun project. His prices are not out of line for those. Additionally he will find a market with the people thatwant the ablolute bext for their car no matter what the cost. Yes many aren't main stream but there is a market for them all thought it won't be you.I am curious of the 15 or so items he listed above how many even you consider " rice " ? Keep in mind we've seen your car :smile:

Old 01-30-2004, 08:19 AM
M7
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"m-wing cf"

This is the new 100% carbon fiber "m-wing cf".

This incredible carbon wing weighs a scant 2.5lbs The finish is an incredible deep gloss over a twill weave
carbon fiber. the construction of the wing is a hollow center with alluminum inserts on the ends for stronger
bolt attachments. The attachment points for the pedestals in the wing is aircraft grade Rivnuts.

The wing can be adjusted up to 30 degrees from horizontal......

peter horvath
562-712-3270

Old 01-30-2004, 08:48 AM
orbhot
6th Gear
>> put a giant sticker saying "Cooper S" on his windshield incase people didnt already know what car he was driving.

In defence, back when NoBull got his S most people didn't know what the thing was.

Visit Sunshine Minis

Old 01-30-2004, 09:07 AM
goin440
6th Gear
This whole rice complex is rediculous.

Illustrating Scene:

"It looks rice, so it has no place being available for the market my car shares."
"My favorite color is blue, so if you like red, you're a dumb-dumb-booty-head."
"You have to wear green and purple to be accepted in our club, fart-face."
"If I make cat sounds, more people will like me.... MEOW, MEOW"
"Wouldn't want to make a decision on my own. What would everyone think?"

Its your car, your tastes, your decision, and your money. Have fun.

Old 01-30-2004, 09:09 AM
astrochex
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
Well now that the " god " of mini tuners JCW is using and showing on their site a wing VERY similar but possibly inferior to the M7 wing , at least in the central mounting area I am waiting for the outcry to JCW for the wind tunel numbers , what is the drag created and the claims that the car may be slower or worse yet not even need it ? For everyone asking what the wind tunnel results are please tell me what the numbers are on the stock version. Anybody have those figures? Anybody think BMW actually did it? Without those what good would it be to have the M7 numbers ? For all those that are pinning M7 to the wall do one of two things ,be fair and do the same to JCW or accept the fact that the damn thing might actually work.
Never claimed it doesn't work. Just wanted to understand how the design was developed and how good (numbers) it works.

I sent an inquiry to JCW motorsports about their wing. I'll post the response here.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:09 AM
orbhot
6th Gear
saw this and could not resist...

Old 01-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Xanthus
Coordinator :: South East - Florida
I'm with you Orbhot. I do not like it. Don't mean M7 doesn't have some great other products, hell that CF bonet looks SWEET. I just don't like this wing. No flames, no issues. But heep up the work on those other products, I'm sure to not like SOMETHING, but those offended by that obviously need to reexamin the term OPINION. Even from us "old farts".

Old 01-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

>>In defence, back when NoBull got his S most people didn't know what the thing was.
>>
There is still no need to scream "LOOK WHAT IM DRIVING". I got my car early too, but i certainly didnt feel the need to tell everyone. If they really care, most cars are badged. So it's still rice to have that on his windshield

Old 01-30-2004, 03:18 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
heee..heee...Sounds like a bunch of little girls complaining about who's wearing what and how "we're" so much more hip than them ignorant skanks

Have any of you fashion critics noticed that the driver is the center of focus in the Mini? I would hope that none of you complainers are a little over weight or needs serious plastic surgery. Otherwise, you may not be qualified to be caught dead in a great looking Mini to begin with. Where would you draw the line? If you don't race, then you shouldn't have agressive tire and suspensions either. What's the stripes for anyway? And how about the bling bling wheels? Cars are about fashion. Take yours to where you like but I wouldn't be puttn down ideas just because they're not for me. But you gotta love them fat a$$ bad a$$s on a beautiful Red Ducatis complete with cut off jeans, t-shirt and black socks

Old 01-30-2004, 03:51 PM
rfibanez
Banned
The CF wing looks even better Peter!

>>"If I make cat sounds, more people will like me.... MEOW, MEOW"

Old 01-30-2004, 03:51 PM
mcs22004
5th Gear
>>This is not an '87 Accord with Pep Boy's products on it.

And it's a shame that someone would try to make the MINI look that way by bolting on a wing that actually matches an '87 Accord much better than a MINI, assuming it was for the street. A simple test is to imagine that that wing came stock from the factory with a dealer option to pay to have it removed and replaced with the standard S wing for $100.00 and then decide if you would pay the $100.00. I'd pay $200.00.

However, since the wing is for the track, aesthetics aren't really relevant.

Old 01-30-2004, 07:15 PM
InfoSec
2nd Gear
To all who participated by posting a message:

Thanks for making me laugh so hard .

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior M7... m-wing