Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior M7... m-wing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
>>heee..heee...Sounds like a bunch of little girls complaining about who's wearing what and how "we're" so much more hip than them ignorant skanks
>>
>>Have any of you fashion critics noticed that the driver is the center of focus in the Mini? I would hope that none of you complainers are a little over weight or needs serious plastic surgery. Otherwise, you may not be qualified to be caught dead in a great looking Mini to begin with. Where would you draw the line? If you don't race, then you shouldn't have agressive tire and suspensions either. What's the stripes for anyway? And how about the bling bling wheels? Cars are about fashion. Take yours to where you like but I wouldn't be puttn down ideas just because they're not for me. But you gotta love them fat a$$ bad a$$s on a beautiful Red Ducatis complete with cut off jeans, t-shirt and black socks
>>

Well said, that about sums it all up. Although i disagree on one thing you said: "Ladies...keep you're panties on"

Old 02-12-2004, 02:23 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
>>Well now that the " god " of mini tuners JCW is using and showing on their site a wing VERY similar but possibly inferior to the M7 wing , at least in the central mounting area I am waiting for the outcry to JCW for the wind tunel numbers , what is the drag created and the claims that the car may be slower or worse yet not even need it ? For everyone asking what the wind tunnel results are please tell me what the numbers are on the stock version. Anybody have those figures? Anybody think BMW actually did it? Without those what good would it be to have the M7 numbers ? For all those that are pinning M7 to the wall do one of two things ,be fair and do the same to JCW or accept the fact that the damn thing might actually work.

DITTOS

Some people don't have any idea how expensive and difficult it is to rent a full size wind tunnel. I think in this century, everyone pretty much understands the fundamentals of aerodynamics. Heck, does anyone use a wind tunnel to validate a RC model airplane? Did the Wright brother's for that matter? It's all trial and error based on known 21st century aerodynamic principles. And besides, we're not talking about a freekin passenger airplane. M-7's wing is as straight forward an upside down wing as you can get. Put it anywhere at the proper angle (except in dirty air) and it WILL push down. It's not meant to reduce drag. Just push the car down where it's applied. Even the overly exagerated "rice wings" will produce down force...maybe way too much vs the drag it induces. But this one looks reasonable enough to work well.