Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Help me decide.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Paul.c
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me decide.....

...whether or not to install a roof rack or a trunk rack. My roof has a custom hand painted checkered flag graphic. When shopping for my mini the intent the whole time was to install a roof rack when I got it. Now I can't decide. Would the roof rack really take away from the roof graphic? Is the hatch mounted bike rack really going to scratch my paint? Here are some pics for reference, after all we all know that the internet doesn't work without pics.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
If that was the original intent, I would say put the rack on. The worst case, you can take it off. Personally, i dont like the rear racks. Can't tell you about the scratching, hell put some plastidip on the mounting points ;-)
Nice paint job by the way.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Can you show some pictures of around the railing. I just want to see how low your vinyl goes. In your case the stock MINI roof reack you be a great descision as it is removable. So when you are not hauling anything you can have the roof wide open.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Paul.c
1st Gear
It's not vinyl, it's paint. And if I put the roof rack on I will probably never take it off. I like the mini fini system but genuinely hate the price for it.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Porthos
OVERDRIVE
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Then get OEM MINI then. Its cheaper and is decent though the black fades real quick.