Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Bad experience with xenonhidconversionkit.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 AM
lyz77
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad experience with xenonhidconversionkit.com

Recently, I ordered a HID kit from xenonhidconversionkit.com and I couldn't get it to work on my Mini. Drop by a local workshop and they couldn't get it working as well. Contacted xenonhidconversionkit.com several time but their support is simply not helpful and refuse to provide a refund.

Hope to share my experience here so that you will not go through the same ordeal as me.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:53 AM
jcarlos914
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea these cars are not hid kit friendly..there are ways tho. I currently have a custom set up that doesnt give me any codes and gives me high beams. However i really have no idea how to replicate it as me and a buddy had a couple of kits and made our own wiring somehow lol

Sorry for your bad experience. I must say tho there is a seller DistantXtreme Lighting that treated me well and gave me a refund without a problem. Supposedly they have a new kit that shold work without any problems but it is pricey about $250. I dont know if its worth it. PM me if you want their contact info.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 PM
samysabbah
Neutral
i ordered from xenonhidconversionkit.com and my kit is working perfectly. I just ordered a second one for my fog lights. i have a silverado 2009. maybe you were unlucky. did you try calling them?

Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 AM
jcarlos914
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing is that these minis are pretty sensitive with hid kits. Must be something to do with the electrical system who knows but hid kits dont seem to work the same as on other cars.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 PM
williamjames
Neutral
i order from xenonhidconversionkit.com for my silverado. i ordered high low and fog and all 3 kits are working good till now. they have a great customer service and phenomenal after sale service. my purchase was 1000% positive. great experience with them and i will buy more.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM
ANINGBATUNGBAKAL
Neutral
same experience as you...

Originally Posted by lyz77
Recently, I ordered a HID kit from xenonhidconversionkit.com and I couldn't get it to work on my Mini. Drop by a local workshop and they couldn't get it working as well. Contacted xenonhidconversionkit.com several time but their support is simply not helpful and refuse to provide a refund.

Hope to share my experience here so that you will not go through the same ordeal as me.
i had the same bad experience as you. I ordered an HID kit and they sent me the incorrect bulb size so i emailed and called with no reply back. finally after several attempts i reached a person named john who introduced himself as the manager. He started insulting me and told me that i didn't know what i was talking about. He refused to accept my return an and hang up the phone. everything is okay with this company if everything works but the moment there is a problem then you are screwed. so much for their lifetime warranty claim.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:08 AM
ANINGBATUNGBAKAL
Neutral
Originally Posted by samysabbah
i ordered from xenonhidconversionkit.com and my kit is working perfectly. I just ordered a second one for my fog lights. i have a silverado 2009. maybe you were unlucky. did you try calling them?
everything is fine if your kits works well. But the moment there is a problem or an error even on their part they will not entertain you.
their support is manned by john ans he will insult you.

This is the same company as AOTOPARTSPRO and they are located in Canada. try returning your deffective items back to them and I am sure you will pay in excess of $20.00 and they they refuse FEDex, UPS, and will only accept USPS so they can claim that they never received the item and you are very much stuck with the bill with no way to prove that you sent it.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, these kits are generally illegal anyway. My advice is to simply avoid them and if you want HIDS, buy them with the car.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Blackbomber
5th Gear
Let the crucifixion begin

Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
WeaverNH
2nd Gear
I put a set of HIDs in the driving light sockets of my 05 MCS. They work great. However, be forewarned, daflake is correct. You will find that somewhere in their ads for these lights that they are designed for offroad only. It's weasel way out, but they weasel nontheless.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Blackbomber
Let the crucifixion begin
No crucifixion actually. Many of these sites are run by lowlifes turning a quick dime on people wanting something that they should have ordered with the car.

Just look at the web site, there is nothing really professional about it.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Blackbomber
5th Gear
My comment wasn't directed at any particular post. In fact, I think it's important to inform people. It's just that I've seen this so many times before turn into a slug fest. In retrospect, my comment didn't contribute to the thread, so I'm no better.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:04 PM
daflake
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Blackbomber
My comment wasn't directed at any particular post. In fact, I think it's important to inform people. It's just that I've seen this so many times before turn into a slug fest. In retrospect, my comment didn't contribute to the thread, so I'm no better.
Well, that is the great thing about forums. We can all have an opinion and share it.

Personally I don't like aftermarket kits on some cars, especially if they aren't aimed correctly but that is my opinion. I have taken to wearing a light set of sunglasses at night anyway as I have sensitive vision and need to cut glare so I am not bothered as much as I used to be.

My beef with these little pop up companies is exactly what has been outlined. You do get a product but if it doesn't work or is wrong they screw you and some of those kits aren't exactly cheap.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:11 PM
usabill
Neutral
Do not buy from this vendor.

This vendor sent me the wrong colored HID bulbs. I contacted them multiple times with no response. Their email addressed bounced. They lied to me on telephone that they will send me return instructions. Then they declined to give me refund even when contacted within 30days. Returns need to go to Canada whereas they list their address as somewhere in Florida. Horrible vendor. Dont waste your time with them.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:49 PM
SunnySideUp
3rd Gear
maybe you can file a chargeback with your credit card and get your money back.