Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior New Bluetooth Module

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 07:50 PM
jterk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got the new Mini cell phone hands-free Bluetooth module installed. Can't wait to use it! Will get my Bluetooth phone Motorola V600 in a few weeks...

Old 03-12-2004, 08:04 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
Can we ask where you got it and for how much? I am interested in obtaning this (as a retro-fit for my 2003 Cooper) and are looking for the best price.

Wonder how easy the install was? Has to be easier than when I installed the OEM rally lights!

Old 03-12-2004, 08:07 PM
jterk
1st Gear
>>Can we ask where you got it and for how much? I am interested in obtaning this (as a retro-fit for my 2003 Cooper) and are looking for the best price.
>>
>>Wonder how easy the install was? Has to be easier than when I installed the OEM rally lights!

I got mine installed at the Mini dealer for $580 including tax and labor... It was a retrofit for my MCS with the h/k sound system...

Old 03-12-2004, 08:10 PM
X2Board
5th Gear
Cool, I have a T616 and a Jabra Bluetooth earpiece, I want to get the MINI Bluetooth module installed so, I don't have to fumble for the earpiece when I'm driving.

Let me know how it works, BTW if you are with AT&T or Cingular, check out the T616. You can get more info at Phone Scoop

X2

Old 03-13-2004, 02:50 PM
coopscoop
Neutral
>>I just got the new Mini cell phone hands-free Bluetooth module installed. Can't wait to use it! Will get my Bluetooth phone Motorola V600 in a few weeks...

What does the control panel look like? where is the Microphone? any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2004, 07:52 PM
jterk
1st Gear
>>>>I just got the new Mini cell phone hands-free Bluetooth module installed. Can't wait to use it! Will get my Bluetooth phone Motorola V600 in a few weeks...
>>
>>What does the control panel look like? where is the Microphone? any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

The control panel is a small rectangular like device attached to the right side of the center console next to the h/k system display. It's various buttons do a variety of functions depending on where in the menu of commands you happen to be...

I think the microphone is contained within the upper panel where the slotted oval area is...

The process of getting the thing going is a little complex as it involves "pairing" your phone with the system so that the system recognizes your phone and only your phone when it is within the 30 ft range. You can pair up to 5 phones at a time if you need to. In addition to the wireless hookup, the system has voice recognition capability to dial numbers or to call up names of people either stored in the system's memory (up to 32 contacts) or your phone's memory! It can also create a conference call with two incoming calls. Finally, if you call a number that has an automated answering system that requires you to navigate by dialing numbers, the system can convert your voiced numerical commands into the DTMF tones those systems require.

Pretty cooooooool!

Old 03-14-2004, 06:15 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
I got mine installed at the Mini dealer for $580 including tax and labor... It was a retrofit for my MCS with the h/k sound system...
How did they install it since it says on page 1 of the manual that the kit is not to be installed in vehicles with HK, and MINIUSA says the kit isn't compatible with HK?

Old 03-14-2004, 06:20 AM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Check this post from Speacock on MINI2 for more information...
http://mini2.com/forum/showthread.ph...ge=2&pp=15

He's also a member here...

Old 03-14-2004, 01:10 PM
jterk
1st Gear
>>
>>
>>How did they install it since it says on page 1 of the manual that the kit is not to be installed in vehicles with HK, and MINIUSA says the kit isn't compatible with HK?
>>

I checked my manual and then your link. I think that there may be two kits- one for the k/k system and the other for non h/k kits. My manual says nothing about noncompatability with the h/k system. As a matter of fact, my h/k display shows "PHONE" when I trurn the key to the on position and power up the system.

There is a post that follws the link you gave from another person who called ASK-MINI about the question of compatability and was told that the Bluetooth system is "fully compatable with all factory sound systems".

Old 03-14-2004, 01:44 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Yeah that was me, two days later they were saying the exact opposite...