Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior My night-time effects

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:44 AM
MaxaMini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rock on my man.

The whole point is to enjoy your ride and make it yours. Yours is you and that's all that matters.

Talking trash about "Ricers", WRX, PT Cruisers or whatever serves no purpose in my life. It's all good and I will give everyone I pass, and I try to pass 'em all, a thumbs up and a honk.

I'll salute them. My thought is that at least they pay attention to what they drive and make it their own.

Light up your life

Peace Sunshine and Happy Motoring!

Maxamini

Old 03-30-2004, 11:41 AM
ChiliCooperMark
4th Gear
Sure, it's not everyone's style, but I say it looks really cool. Thanks for giving us something different to look at. It's great to see people invest time/money in individualizing their MINIs and then taking more time to share pix with us!

Old 03-30-2004, 12:00 PM
Storer
5th Gear
Eh, not my cup of tea, but, whatever! Enjoy.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
I'm really enjoying the way it looks at night. I'm trying to be careful not to take it too far, although some say I already have. It really does look sharp in person. There is only so much you can take in from a picture. I'm sure that I'll have them on sometime during the Dragon Run. You'll definitely be able to pic me out with that tailpipe. The fit and finish of it is perfect for the cutout for the tailpipe. I'm glad some of you enjoy it. I think the fact that it isn't an S made me decide to put my money on cosmetics rather than performance. I undersrtand that some people think that I should never do something like that to a MINI, but there are some things that I see that make me say NO WAY also. It's all about what you like. I'm sure when some of you see it in person you'll have a slightly different opinion on the looks. Pictures just don't do it justice. Some of the replies give me a mixed emotion of what I have done, but then I just picture it in my head again and get a smile on my face. I do appreciate everyones comment though. also, the thread of "my new lower grill" is mine and the light coming out of the lower grill just makes it gleam. It's quite a site. I think that's why that light didn't show up as well in the pic. OK, I'm done rambling now, thanks for listening. :smile:

Old 03-30-2004, 12:17 PM
CTMINI
2nd Gear
That tailpipe is sweet. I like the whole thing except for the lighted squirters, everybody and their cousin has had those for years. Mostly on 1989 Accords with massive touring wings and rusty door panels.
That being said, the whole reason I bought the MCS over other cars was the "smile factor", as long as your mods keep that happening, it's all good.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:49 PM
CooperBeagle
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh the joy of ownership! Looks like you are having
a blast! That's the way to be!

Dogspeed.

Old 03-30-2004, 02:05 PM
no_affiliation
5th Gear
If it makes you happy go for, I made my post on my opinion. My advice... tell the haters to back off and enjoy your ride

Old 03-30-2004, 02:14 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
I for one think that tail pipe is cool. I'll have to get some shots of your car at night while were at the Dragon. You absolutely MUST run the Dragon at Midnight with us with that all lit up!

I was thinking about the peddles though. You would only really see them while you are out of the car right? Otherwise your feet would be in the way.

I agree with some of the others here in the manner that a Mini is a car with it's own personality. If that's the personality of your MINI then so be it my friend and enjoy every moment of it. Your hard work is noted .

Old 03-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Oh yes, I WILL be on the dragon at midnight. I'm sure I'll have the lights on as much as possible considering that the Dragon Run is a special event. The pedals are only seen when there is nobody in it, but that is just for a little attention getting while at the cruise nights here in town. When I took these pics I had to use my tripod because I couldn't use a flash and the camera adjusted the exposure setting. When I took pics without my tripod I just couldn't keep still enough to make it look clear. I also used the remote so I didn't diturb it when it took the pics. I bet it'll be cool to see a blue streak of light as it goes down the road at dark. My wife was very skeptical every time I'd put another light on it, but after I was done she was very pleased with the results. And believe me, that is one hard thing to do. ssshhhhhhhh Don't tell her I said that.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:37 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
i don't think i'd have the guts to do it to my car, but what you've done is awesome. i may have skipped the washer lights, but everything else is great, especially that exhaust tip! hot!

christina.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:46 PM
hondacivic
4th Gear
hey, how did you do the light coming from the grile? i really like and i'm thinkin about doin and i even got 2 or 3 neon tubes the perfect size. how should i do it?

i like it dude
thanks
Nick

Old 03-30-2004, 10:58 PM
jmoser
4th Gear
Awesome! I love it-I love that you did such a great job....shine on!
Thanks for posting--

Old 03-30-2004, 11:23 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
>>Oh yes, I WILL be on the dragon at midnight. I'm sure I'll have the lights on as much as possible considering that the Dragon Run is a special event. The pedals are only seen when there is nobody in it, but that is just for a little attention getting while at the cruise nights here in town. When I took these pics I had to use my tripod because I couldn't use a flash and the camera adjusted the exposure setting. When I took pics without my tripod I just couldn't keep still enough to make it look clear. I also used the remote so I didn't diturb it when it took the pics. I bet it'll be cool to see a blue streak of light as it goes down the road at dark. My wife was very skeptical every time I'd put another light on it, but after I was done she was very pleased with the results. And believe me, that is one hard thing to do. ssshhhhhhhh Don't tell her I said that.

Old 03-31-2004, 07:41 AM
samawil
5th Gear
Awsome man...how did you get your driving lights to look like Angel eyes? I really REALLY want that.

Also, are all those effects controlled seperately? ie how many buttons to turn everything on?

About the Tail Pipe...the "stickers" are not going to melt like that? What are they made of?

Louay

Old 03-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Hondacivic,
I used a 36" tube, and had to really jam it up in there. I attached it to the bumper. If I did it again I'd get one smaller, but at the time I couldn't find one that I could put on the outside of the car.

Samawill,
The fog lights are aftermarket. Mine didn't have the fog lights and I really didn't want to pay the price for factory lights. The angel eyes came on them already. I have 2 switches, one for the outside lights, and one for the inside lights. I made sure to buy a switch that could handle the power to control it all. As far as the tailpipe, there are no stickers. The pipe all chrome and is in 2 levels. The inside is closed to let the exhaust gases escape the rear of the pipe, and the outside has the flame cutouts to let the light shine through the sides and the rear is open between the 2 pipes to also let light out the rear. the inside pipe gets warm, but the outside with the flames stays fairly cool.

Everyone,
I'm enjoying all the comments I'm getting, good or bad. Each piece has a different reaction from everybody. I feel if I just had one, it would just look out of place, but don't wanna take it too far. I did one light at a time, so I can see what each light does for the car. I think this is as far as I wanna take it, maybe having a light on the side vents would look nice though, have to wait and see.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:00 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Neat...I was thinking about doing this to my Mini's exhaust What do you think?

Old 03-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Me.Mini
1st Gear
I like the lower grill light but that's about it. The tailpipe is cool: maybe a red or orange light there would look better, more firey (is that a word?)

You're having fun though, that's what is really cool

Old 03-31-2004, 02:10 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
>>I like the lower grill light but that's about it. The tailpipe is cool: maybe a red or orange light there would look better, more firey (is that a word?)
>>
>>You're having fun though, that's what is really cool

I can change to 7 or 8 different colors, also I can make it flash through all the colors.

Old 03-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Nick_T.
4th Gear
I'm really enjoying the way it looks at night. I'm trying to be careful not to take it too far, although some say I already have.
How far is too far? IMO if you haven’t gone too far, then you haven’t gone far enough!

I think that it’s great that you’re enjoying your MINI. BTW, how old are you? If it makes any difference, I’m probably older than your grandfather and I still like your ride!

Old 03-31-2004, 02:37 PM
sdanaher
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I like the exhaust pipe - [retty neat looking from a distance I'd imagine!

Old 03-31-2004, 02:44 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
>>How far is too far? IMO if you haven’t gone too far, then you haven’t gone far enough!
>>
>>I think that it’s great that you’re enjoying your MINI. BTW, how old are you? If it makes any difference, I’m probably older than your grandfather and I still like your ride!

I'll be 28 in less than 2 weeks. Funny post

Old 03-31-2004, 08:59 PM
hondacivic
4th Gear
>>Hondacivic,
>>I used a 36" tube, and had to really jam it up in there. I attached it to the bumper. If I did it again I'd get one smaller, but at the time I couldn't find one that I could put on the outside of the car.

i wonder if i could do this to a leased car??

Old 04-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
>>
>>i wonder if i could do this to a leased car??

You first have to be 18 to lease a car. But as long as it is back to original state when you turn it in you'll be fine. The holes I drilled are not seen unless the bumper cover is removed. Besides, I don't think it would be as profitable in the long run to lease a MINI Cooper.

Old 04-01-2004, 01:43 PM
hondacivic
4th Gear
>>>>
>>>>i wonder if i could do this to a leased car??
>>
>>You first have to be 18 to lease a car. But as long as it is back to original state when you turn it in you'll be fine. The holes I drilled are not seen unless the bumper cover is removed. Besides, I don't think it would be as profitable in the long run to lease a MINI Cooper.

where do you power it from??

Old 04-01-2004, 02:31 PM
BlueCooperS
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
>>Neat...I was thinking about doing this to my Mini's exhaust What do you think?
>>
>>

It'd be sweet with Magnaflows. Dunno if it'd work or not though. You need a lot of unburnt gas in your exhaust for them to really flame up. Those flamethrowers are just spark plugs in the tailpipe.

I've purchased a set of plain white LED windshield washer lights. I've never seen white ones before. Around here, most cars use blue, but I'm starting to see a lot of red ones, especially on S-10 pickups.

I'm wondering what kind of hassle it's going to be to install those in a rectangular bonnet hole!

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior My night-time effects