Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior My night-time effects

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>
>>where do you power it from??

I powered it straight from the power wire going to the back of the fuse box so I could have it on without the key on.

Old 04-01-2004, 02:49 PM
hondacivic
4th Gear
>>>>
>>>>where do you power it from??
>>
>>I powered it straight from the power wire going to the back of the fuse box so I could have it on without the key on.
>>

thats a good idea.

Old 09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
BlueCooperS
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Teampajn
Hondacivic,
I used a 36" tube, and had to really jam it up in there. I attached it to the bumper. If I did it again I'd get one smaller, but at the time I couldn't find one that I could put on the outside of the car.

Samawill,
The fog lights are aftermarket. Mine didn't have the fog lights and I really didn't want to pay the price for factory lights. The angel eyes came on them already. I have 2 switches, one for the outside lights, and one for the inside lights. I made sure to buy a switch that could handle the power to control it all. As far as the tailpipe, there are no stickers. The pipe all chrome and is in 2 levels. The inside is closed to let the exhaust gases escape the rear of the pipe, and the outside has the flame cutouts to let the light shine through the sides and the rear is open between the 2 pipes to also let light out the rear. the inside pipe gets warm, but the outside with the flames stays fairly cool.

Everyone,
I'm enjoying all the comments I'm getting, good or bad. Each piece has a different reaction from everybody. I feel if I just had one, it would just look out of place, but don't wanna take it too far. I did one light at a time, so I can see what each light does for the car. I think this is as far as I wanna take it, maybe having a light on the side vents would look nice though, have to wait and see.
I'm about a heartbeat away from ordering a set of Hella Angel Eyes and a set of PIAA mounting brackets. Are the PIAA brackets anything like compatible with the Angel Eyes mounting system?

My car already has blue-white LED washer nozzles. :-D

Old 09-30-2005, 04:44 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Teampajn
The one thing I would never personally own is a pink flamingo.
And I was just about to get a pink flamingo and mount it as a hood ornament.

As far as the car goes I agree with the fact that the wiper lights look tacky, if they werent the brightest thing on the frount end the may flow better.
That said, Great job with the MINI. Every car should have a personal touch and yours has that in spades.

Old 09-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Rev. Limiter
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick_T.
How far is too far? IMO if you haven’t gone too far, then you haven’t gone far enough!

I think that it’s great that you’re enjoying your MINI. BTW, how old are you? If it makes any difference, I’m probably older than your grandfather and I still like your ride!
And if you aren't living on the edge, then you are taking up too much space!

Nick, I'm probably older than you are, but still like what Teampajn has done to his ride. Not for me, though, but I LOVE to see what these young guys can do with some imagination.

Okay, now that I have said that, Teampajn will figure that if the old pharts like it, it has to come OFF!

Old 10-01-2005, 05:36 AM
BlueCooperS
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by movieman
Now you need to redo the interior OEM lighting. I have a blue LED feston on my dome light and blue LED's for the footwell lights! They're pretty cool. Check out www.powerbulbs.com
I know that the footwells are 194 Wedges, but don't remember the size of the festoons.
I put LEDs in the footwells and under the center stack like the later model MINIS have. Funny thing is, they didn't have LEDS from the factory when I did it. Mine are blue instead of amber. I have them wired to the cigarette lighter's light ring so they come on when the headlights are on.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:25 PM
jsound
2nd Gear
I also don't agree with what the OP did to his car. I like the minimal or clean look--car without unnecessary badges, lights, and etc.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.