Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior brg mini suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 06:31 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i have a brg / white mcs with white bonnet stripes, anthracite interior... pretty standard stuff. i've been looking around the web for interior and exterior mods... stripes, shifter/ebrake boots, floor mats, etc... and it's making me wish i had any other color other than green! it's really hard to find cool stuff in green for cars... which i suppose i kind of knew as my a4 was green, too... but i never was really looking for stuff... i'd love a set of cocoa mats... they don't come in black and green... boots? can't find any. you get the idea, i think. in any case, do any of you have any suggestions for me? i was looking at different colored stripes, but what other than white really goes with a green and white car? not much that i can think of. really started to bother me when i realized that there's another brg/white mini down the street! how dare they???!!!
come on, help a sister spend more money!

Old 04-08-2004, 06:41 PM
lotsie
Banned
>>so i have a brg / white mcs with white bonnet stripes, anthracite interior... pretty standard stuff. i've been looking around the web for interior and exterior mods... stripes, shifter/ebrake boots, floor mats, etc... and it's making me wish i had any other color other than green! it's really hard to find cool stuff in green for cars... which i suppose i kind of knew as my a4 was green, too... but i never was really looking for stuff... i'd love a set of cocoa mats... they don't come in black and green... boots? can't find any. you get the idea, i think. in any case, do any of you have any suggestions for me? i was looking at different colored stripes, but what other than white really goes with a green and white car? not much that i can think of. really started to bother me when i realized that there's another brg/white mini down the street! how dare they???!!!
>>come on, help a sister spend more money!
>>>>> the natural colors of terra cotta G o with BRG
white works
keep it clean it shines in the low sun

Old 04-08-2004, 06:43 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
keeping it clean definetly does help. maybe that's why i'm so irritated! it's pretty filthy from the gross weather / pothole-ee roads.

Old 04-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have a sunroof, the Union Jack Sunroof Flag looks fantastic on the BRG/W.

I've also tried black and white checkerboard magnetic bonnet stripes with success, but right now I like just the UJ on the roof

Old 04-08-2004, 07:22 PM
bleecker
1st Gear
Ihave a 04 Brg/w mcs and it really is a classy combo. As far as adding mods that are functional and add to the looks of the car. I have the white silblade wipers.They look good and really work well. Although i don't have it; i think the black& white checkerboard pattern for the sunroof would look great too. Another item i have are the magnetic door guards painted BRG. They look like they came with the mini and they're a perfect color match. I drive with them on and only take them off to clean and wax. Good luck with your choices and have fun with it all. --Bleecker

Old 04-08-2004, 07:46 PM
gomezmgg
3rd Gear
Check out http://www.cooperflags.com for some interesting graphics. I have the checkerboard S sunroof cover on my Blk/Wht 04 MCS and it looks great............mgg

Old 04-09-2004, 07:18 PM
Joel3217
1st Gear
Bleecker,
Where did you get you magnetic door guards? Do you have any pics of them?
Thanks,
Joel

Old 04-09-2004, 08:03 PM
RonG
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a brg/w mcs also. Being part Welsh it made it easy to pick out a roof graphic. A Welsh flag (what else). Go to cooper flags and take a look at the Welsh flag. It looks pretty cool with the brg/w.

Old 04-09-2004, 08:26 PM
XAlfa
Banned
I'd slap on a couple of these...

or one of these...

Old 04-09-2004, 08:57 PM
bleecker
1st Gear
jOEL-- I purchased the magnetic door guards from[z3 solutions/roadster solutions] on the web.The phone # to order is 1-877-862-0585. If you do get them remember to keep the mini waxed well on the doors. Also wax the magnetic side of each door guard. As i said before; i keep them on all the time and they stay put at all speeds. Of course some moron could steal them; but they blend in so well in brg color that it's not something that stands out. Then again ;if i worry any more about the mini they might as well put me in the nut house. Good luck with it. Bleecker

Old 04-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Yucca Patrol
Perhaps BRG/White is so darn classy that it simply does not need to be adorned with anything extra?

SE Regional, BAMA Club Moderator: PM me

Old 04-10-2004, 02:41 AM
pocketrocketowner
Banned
>>Perhaps BRG/White is so darn classy that it simply does not to be adorned with anything extra?
>>
That is one of a myriad defects of these beasts....Can't wait until the day they finally discontinue their ***......forever....god are they terrible.......people really should be warned a) not to buy them and b) not to order them........

Old 04-10-2004, 06:42 AM
bleecker
1st Gear
YES -Brg is a classy one. You -i'm not so sure of.

Old 04-10-2004, 07:37 AM
csasso
2nd Gear
I saw a BRG with the Union jack sunroof cover and matching mirror covers at the dealer the other day - it looked awesome

Old 04-10-2004, 08:24 AM
fishey72
5th Gear
I have a BRG also, although I am not much of one to do mods for look....cooper flags has some cool stuff. I like the side graphics in white. Bonnet stripes, and white wheels would look great too.

Then there is chrome or silver grills, and cowels and such will add a bit of flash.

Green is one of the toughest colors to match, and I would stay away from trying to add more green, instead look for chrome and white add-ons to give more sparkle/flair. IMO

Old 04-10-2004, 11:06 AM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
it is a classy color. i just washed it about an hour ago and it looks great. mini really should discontinue green. no one wants it anymore anyway, right??? :evil:
when i had a green a4 i would only see another one of those a few times a year. guess it just suits the mini's britishness.
checkerboard roof is a good idea. union jack, too but i have a sunroof and i'm assuming the jack won't work with one?

hey if anyone's come across nice dark green leather shift/ebrake boots, let me know please. i'm going to email cocoa mats and ask them about a black/green design. small things like that will make me happy.

can't wait to go to the ny auto show this week!

thanks everyone
christina.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:23 PM
discodan
5th Gear
i agree with sorsha, it's a very classy looking color. mine is BRG/Black roof. slight contrast, just enough to notice and i like the fact that there are not many BRG/B MC or MCS out there. and here in Westchester there are a lot of MINIs running around too. just happy that mine is still a little more rare. i'm alos having trouble figuring out colors of things and what not, like spark plug wires, silicone hoses and such i think i just may stick with basic black to keep the classy thing going. not big on the Bling factor of chrome either.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:49 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Have you considered having some items custom made? I see UK MINIs with lots of e-brake and shift boot re-leathers. It would be a bit more expensive, but it would also be unique. I applaud your thinking through this and being picky on color matching...BRG is so classy on its own, there's no need to mess that up.

Old 04-11-2004, 04:22 PM
kumquat78
3rd Gear
I got BRG/W, went with the white sillblades as well. But, gotta start thinking, maybe time to go the other way now. I slapped the lamin-x tint on the rear lights and the side reflectors, now I just need to darken the turn signals. The final outcome, one mean MINI.

I gotta figure a way to get more black on, maybe some stripes, hmmmm......

Old 04-11-2004, 08:55 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
kumquat, i'm also thinking i'd like to go dark. kind of wishing i'd have gotten a black or brg roof.... but then i'm glad i got white... back and forth, back and forth. i'm definetly going to find or have made green boots and green/black floor mats for the interior, and i was just on the BenFer site where i saw carbon fiber mirror covers... not so sure about them, but they sure look cool. i have a sunroof, so that adds black to the roof... maybe some checks to add even more and some dark smokey stripes... hmmm... too....many.....choices.......head......exploding. .....

Old 04-11-2004, 09:21 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
hey kumquat, a few more questions... those lamin-x tints... are they the ones sold through mini-madness? do they look like they were stuck on or do they look like the lights themselves? also, does anyone know if they're illegal in ny?

and a question for cooperflags... say i was to get a full sunroof cover, and say in a year or two i want to remove it? possible? or i should say possible without paint damage?

and one more for all of you (this is it, i promise), in your experience, how long does it take (on average, i guess) for paint to start fading? i'm thinking i'm going to remove my bonnet stripes, perhaps for something darker from cooper flags, and i'm thinking i should do it soon, before the strong summer sun can get to it? i'm assuming the vinyl can't be too hard to get off, just some heat, right?

alrightie, thanks a lot everyone. i can't tell you all how much i appreciate the patience, support and enthusiasm of you all!

christina.

Old 04-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Yucca Patrol
bonnet stripes will just peel right off. I removed mine in January without applying any extra heat.

Old 04-13-2004, 05:52 AM
rob_lewis
2nd Gear
>>i'm going to email cocoa mats and ask them about a black/green design. small >>things like that will make me happy.

Check out http://www.ggbailey.com for custom mats. I have a BRG/B MC that I ordered mats for in hunter green, with black piping, black heelmat and black letters that say MINI (driver's side) and Cooper (passenger side). The mats are VERY nice and look great with the color. It's actually the first thing I bought for the car.

-Rob

-2003 Civic Si

Redline: It's a goal, not a limit!

Old 04-13-2004, 07:24 AM
laclede
3rd Gear
Here's a couple of mods on my BRG/W:

-Laclede

Old 04-13-2004, 07:47 AM
rob_lewis
2nd Gear
>>Here's a couple of mods on my BRG/W:

Where did you get the paint for the interior? From the dealer?

-Rob

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior brg mini suggestions?