Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Car Vogue UJ roof decal

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 08:17 AM
nelsdvn
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally installed, here is an image. Very high quality product. If you want a roof graphic these are the guys to go to!

Also posted on Mini2.

Old 10-24-2002, 09:14 AM
letsmotor
4th Gear
Very nice.

Did you install it yourself or have the dealer or professionally installed.

I don't know if I could or would want to to this myself.

Is it hard?

Old 11-01-2002, 08:14 AM
Steed
1st Gear
Cool! I'd been thinking about putting one of those on myself. Did you get it directly from CarVogue, or do they have a US distributor? I thought they said RSpeed was selling them. Great MINI, by the way!

Old 11-01-2002, 08:25 AM
Sarcux
6th Gear
I installed a factory UJ decal myself, it wasn't particuarly hard, but you really need someone else with you to help. Just get a spray bottle of windex and a squeege (the squeege comes with the decal), soak the roof with the windex, and start with the red cross section. Spend a LOT of time working out all the bubbles, and make sure all the corners and edges stick down securely, that's the hardest part. The just start putting on the other sections using the same method one at a time, be sure everything lines up (one that my brother put on doesn't quite... but at least its not too noticeable...) and also don't try to stretch the sticker in any way, you'll just make a pulled area that you'll have to trim with a razor knife, and you'll forever have an ugly gash in your decal. My brother did that as well. Heh. Takes about an hour to do, bonnet stripes go on the same way. I wouldn't reccommend taking your car through one of those high-pressure car washes, as the decal could flake off. Washing it by hand, or taking it to a wash that uses scrubbers works fine. I just know that high pressure can be bad on decals from an FOP sticker I used to have that was of a similar material. Hope that helps! Someone on here needs to get the full-car UJ from Carvogue (the Austin Powers one) I'm still tempted myself...