Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Mission Accomplished!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Roadglide
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just finished the install of a MINI FINI Armrest. Quality is high :smile: Fit is awful :evil: I guess they made some changes in how they mount the '04 console because the bolt holes don't line up in the rear I haven't even mentioned all the material removal that has to take place for the pedistal to even fit right. No wonder MINI charges an arm and a leg for install!

2 hrs later it was in and it was worth it :smile: It looks good - works good - and even smells good It really looks like the car should have come with it...very functional. It's probably the best on the market so far.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:19 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job. Does the arm rest get into the way at all when you shift?

I had problems with extended arm rests on my other cars when I shift
2-3 or 3-5...my elbow kept hitting the arm rest.

Old 04-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Roadglide
1st Gear
>>Good job. :smile:

Old 04-26-2004, 07:49 AM
scooterboy
6th Gear
I read the installation directions a while ago, and seem to remember that the screw positions are different depending on whether the car has DSC or not, and there was an extra bracket you needed to take care of that.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Do I? :smile:

Old 04-26-2004, 08:04 AM
cyclensf
1st Gear
I have DSC and got the kit that clearly denoted that it was for cars with DSC. And I had the same problem as Roadglide. I ended up drilling two new holes to put the bolt though. And it worked out fine. I love the armrest and am very happy that I got it and installed it, but I do think that the bolt pattern is off, but nothing that a metal drill bit and a bit of measuring couldn't fix.

Old 04-26-2004, 07:39 PM
Roadglide
1st Gear
>>I have DSC and got the kit that clearly denoted that it was for cars with DSC. And I had the same problem as Roadglide. I ended up drilling two new holes to put the bolt though. And it worked out fine. I love the armrest and am very happy that I got it and installed it, but I do think that the bolt pattern is off, but nothing that a metal drill bit and a bit of measuring couldn't fix.
>>
>>
The front holes line up correctly. It's the rear ones that are the pain. If your car is not equipped with DSC then the bracket for the DSC must be purchased. The reason for this is that the DSC module mounts on top of the armrest pedistal. Still in all it's worth all the measuring and cussing