Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior M7 Ultimate grill......do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm inclined toward a silver Ultimate grill.......think it would look great on my ds/w MCS.

If you have one.....what's your experience? Thanks.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:05 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
I have the black one and like it very much. I've gotten some small stone chips that I need to touch up...no biggy. Now if Peter could come up with a set for the rear so I can cut open the bumper

Old 05-02-2004, 12:41 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
You could ask Peter and see if he could arrange one in white. He just might

Old 05-02-2004, 12:42 PM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MSFITOY wrote:
I have the black one and like it very much. I've gotten some small stone chips that I need to touch up...no biggy.
M7 has said the grill is "guaranteed not to chip or fade". You could probably get a replacement per that guarantee.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...mp;topic=19691

Old 05-02-2004, 12:56 PM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
FWIW, I don't have anything against M7 or any vendor, as long as they back up claims and guarantees with data and action, respectively.

Old 05-02-2004, 01:08 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Andy's just a stickler for the FACTS :evil:

Old 05-02-2004, 01:10 PM
andy@ross-tech.com
6th Gear
MSFITOY,

Actually, yes I did get it back. Send me a PM with your address and I'll send it out to you this week.

Old 05-07-2004, 11:54 AM
Fracky
Transwarp - Warp 10.0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the m7 silver grill and I think it looks *fantastic*. I've gotten a lot of compliments from other Mini drivers and combined with the chrome Momo's, it gives my "Frackmobile" a daylight bling factor. At night the strobes, blue neon, and fog machines come out.

Silver/Black Top Cooper S w/ Navi & Harmon Kardon, Hamann Body Kit, Packages 1,2,3..Borla Race Exhaust, Momo X1 17's, M7 Wing, Pioneer DVD, Oricari Seats, 2000watt stereo, roll cage, graphics, Venom NOS, etc.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:04 PM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I had the first black lower grill M7 put out and have about 15,000 miles on it with no chips at this stage. If you like we would certainly replace it for you just send me a PM. I would like to see it in any event to see what the differance if any there is between mine and yours. I have all kinds of stone chips on my front bumber and windsheild but the grill shows no wear. We have just about completed the other two front pieces as well and should be in production on those within the month. We do have plans for the rear lower grills as well but they are not on the schedual at this moment. Hope this answers some of your questions.
Randy
Team M7

Old 05-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rnady, What about for the Cooper, any word on that one?

Old 05-09-2004, 06:42 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
>>I had the first black lower grill M7 put out and have about 15,000 miles on it with no chips at this stage. If you like we would certainly replace it for you just send me a PM. I would like to see it in any event to see what the differance if any there is between mine and yours. I have all kinds of stone chips on my front bumber and windsheild but the grill shows no wear. We have just about completed the other two front pieces as well and should be in production on those within the month. We do have plans for the rear lower grills as well but they are not on the schedual at this moment. Hope this answers some of your questions.
>>Randy
>>Team M7

Wow...thanks for the offer. I think you're talking to me. I'll take some PICs to show you the chips. I'm amazed that you survived 15k without damage. I've only had mine for maybe 3-4k and anyone who knows me knows that I'm never on dirt roads or tail gating semis. It must be so nice where you are...clean roads

Old 05-09-2004, 09:36 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Yes I would like to see the photos and replace it if you would like. To be honest in the canyons around here there can be a bit of sand and gravel thrown up by the cars in front and on the track if the car in front clips the apex a bit too much you can get a shower there as well so I think I have given it a fair amount of abuse. The front bumper and the ever soft windshield can attest to that. In any event we will take care of you anyway you want. If anyone else out there has a chip issue please get in touch. Those pieces are powder coated especially to help prevent such an occurrence so we want to know about it to make a change if necessary. Yours is the first we have heard so far with a problem but we want to stay on top of the problem if indeed there is one.
As for the cooper front grill I need to check on that on monday and see where the project sits priority wise.

Randy
Team
M7

Old 05-12-2004, 06:03 AM
05JCWS
6th Gear
I have one of the first M7 grills, and mine is black. I totally love it. It has held up great and in my opinion is the best grill on the market. Light years ahead of the other ones that I have seen. I have no chips or any marks whatsoever. In fact, I got into a front end collision and it didn't even bend or get a mark on it.

One thing I would like to see is a connector for the temperature sensor, and a hole for the tow hook. This would make it the ultimate, ultimate grill.

Also, a grill for the aero kit would be great as well.

Old 05-13-2004, 03:50 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
>>Yes I would like to see the photos and replace it if you would like. To be honest in the canyons around here there can be a bit of sand and gravel thrown up by the cars in front and on the track if the car in front clips the apex a bit too much you can get a shower there as well so I think I have given it a fair amount of abuse. The front bumper and the ever soft windshield can attest to that. In any event we will take care of you anyway you want. If anyone else out there has a chip issue please get in touch. Those pieces are powder coated especially to help prevent such an occurrence so we want to know about it to make a change if necessary. Yours is the first we have heard so far with a problem but we want to stay on top of the problem if indeed there is one.
>>As for the cooper front grill I need to check on that on monday and see where the project sits priority wise.
>>
>>Randy
>>Team

>>M7

Hi Randy,

Please check the PM that I've sent you. Thanks much
Sid

Old 05-13-2004, 04:32 PM
2perCooper
5th Gear
is the grill available yet for the MC?!?

TIA
-chris

Old 05-14-2004, 01:47 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
>>Yes I would like to see the photos and replace it if you would like. To be honest in the canyons around here there can be a bit of sand and gravel thrown up by the cars in front and on the track if the car in front clips the apex a bit too much you can get a shower there as well so I think I have given it a fair amount of abuse. The front bumper and the ever soft windshield can attest to that. In any event we will take care of you anyway you want. If anyone else out there has a chip issue please get in touch. Those pieces are powder coated especially to help prevent such an occurrence so we want to know about it to make a change if necessary. Yours is the first we have heard so far with a problem but we want to stay on top of the problem if indeed there is one.
>>As for the cooper front grill I need to check on that on monday and see where the project sits priority wise.
>>
>>Randy
>>Team
>>M7

Hi Randy,

Have you checked your PM? I've sent you a PIC of the chip you've asked for.

Thanks,
Sid

Old 05-17-2004, 05:59 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
The boys must be at a pully party or somethin

Old 05-17-2004, 08:09 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
>>The boys must be at a pully party or somethin :smile: Checked with our supplier after sending the photo you sent to me . They agree it is a defect and will be more than willing to replace it with a new grill upon receipt of the damaged one.
As for the grill for the cooper we are due to get the prototypes of the two remaining Cooper S front pieces this week and then the Cooper grill is next in line. We will keep you posted.
Randy
Team M7

Old 05-17-2004, 08:49 AM
05JCWS
6th Gear
Randy,

Will you be making one for the aero kit?

Old 05-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Trippy
Banned
> Checked with our supplier after sending the photo you sent to me . They agree it is a defect and will be more than willing to replace it with a new grill upon receipt of the damaged one.

Now that's a vendor response I support.

Nice job M7 gang.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:22 AM
discodan
5th Gear
as sonn as those MCS grills are ready let us know please. i smell a group buy in the air.

Old 05-17-2004, 09:53 AM
gravedgr
4th Gear
For all the flak Peter and the M7 crew get, it is very nice to see them addressing the issue like a good vendor should.

Old 07-27-2004, 03:53 PM
kapps
6th Gear
Are there any online instructions for the install. I'd like to put one on my Cooper S sometime (now that it's out) and don't want to get in over my head. I've looked around for instructions on removing the lower grill but came up empty.

Old 07-27-2004, 04:32 PM
sfjames2
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kapps
Are there any online instructions for the install. I'd like to put one on my Cooper S sometime (now that it's out) and don't want to get in over my head. I've looked around for instructions on removing the lower grill but came up empty.
where are you located kapps?

Last edited by sfjames2; 07-27-2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:35 PM
kapps
6th Gear
I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I have one of the first aftermarket grills made on my S that goes over the original black plastic grill. I'm worried about the impeded airflow and want a total replacement like the M7.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior M7 Ultimate grill......do you like?