Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Sponsor Product Review - Redline Goods Shift & Brake Boots

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004 | 02:44 PM
Rick-Anderson
|
6th Gear

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I just wanted to give kudos to the newest NorthAmericanMotoring.com sponsor - Redline Goods. I just received and installed their shift and brake boots and I am very impressed by the quality of both. I received the package within about a week and was immediately impressed by the wonderful bitter smell of Italian leather as I opened the envelope. The look and feel were no disappointment either. Both were simple to install and took about a half hour total. I did have to trim both boots slightly with a pair of scissors in order to obtain a better fit. The only complaint that I had was that they did not come with instructions, although applicable instructions were easy to download from another sponsor’s website (no names here, but I will say that it grows on trees). I also had to use some 3M Weather-Strip Adhesive, which is available at any auto parts store, and two zip ties were also necessary to complete the installation. The boots look great in my MINI and add at least 10 horsepower. OK, I lied on that one - but at least it makes the interior LOOK like it should have more power!

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ic=26757&2

Old 05-24-2004 | 03:24 PM
AMPR
3rd Gear
What he said. Just installed over the weekend and am quite pleased with the outcome. Good job Redline!
>>
>>I am not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I just wanted to give kudos to the newest NorthAmericanMotoring.com sponsor - Redline Goods. I just received and installed their shift and brake boots and I am very impressed by the quality of both. I received the package within about a week and was immediately impressed by the wonderful bitter smell of Italian leather as I opened the envelope. The look and feel were no disappointment either. Both were simple to install and took about a half hour total. I did have to trim both boots slightly with a pair of scissors in order to obtain a better fit. The only complaint that I had was that they did not come with instructions, although applicable instructions were easy to download from another sponsor’s website (no names here, but I will say that it grows on trees). I also had to use some 3M Weather-Strip Adhesive, which is available at any auto parts store, and two zip ties were also necessary to complete the installation. The boots look great in my MINI and add at least 10 horsepower. OK, I lied on that one - but at least it makes the interior LOOK like it should have more power!
>>
>>https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ic=26757&2
>>

Old 05-24-2004 | 03:59 PM
gt6
5th Gear
I'm next in line. Got mine on Saturday and installed it that afternoon. Just in case anyone is interested, the graphite is a dead on match for the standard interior trim. I got the graphite with yellow stitching, looks great.

Old 05-25-2004 | 08:01 AM
SCMCS
4th Gear
I ordered the black with hunter green stitching, very sharp is a nice look for anyone who has a BRG with the black panther leather interior. As already noted the material is very thick and the workmanship is super on the boots. Shipping was also quick. Good job Redline.

Old 05-25-2004 | 07:59 PM
Rick-Anderson
|
6th Gear
OK, I take back what I said - the company DOES have instructions on their website, they just don't come with the package. Maybe this is a good environmental policy since not everybody needs to have a printed copy.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/MINIinstall.shtm

I give this product and company a 10 out of 10.

Old 05-26-2004 | 07:39 AM
SynergyONE
2nd Gear
Another satisfied customer

Old 05-26-2004 | 07:56 AM
Storm180
3rd Gear
>>I'm next in line. Got mine on Saturday and installed it that afternoon. Just in case anyone is interested, the graphite is a dead on match for the standard interior trim. I got the graphite with yellow stitching, looks great.

Hey GT6, do you have one or just a fan? Long, long ago I was looking at a 71 GT6 MkIII (maroon, but would have looked SO good in black). Dealer went under before I could buy it, and haven't seen another since. Its just another of those cars that I have to have before I die. :smile:

Old 06-02-2004 | 02:10 PM
sbgobig
4th Gear
I wish they could find the time to respond to my inquiry regarding my Cordoba Beige leather interior and color match.

but then again I'm sure I can find something else to spend my doe on.

Old 06-02-2004 | 05:53 PM
enzothemaddog
Banned
>>Another satisfied customer

ditto..

Old 06-02-2004 | 07:22 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
>>I ordered the black with hunter green stitching, very sharp is a nice look for anyone who has a BRG with the black panther leather interior. As already noted the material is very thick and the workmanship is super on the boots. Shipping was also quick. Good job Redline.

you have a picture of this? i have hunter green / black floor mats in my panther black interior and your combo sounds perfect.
thanks
christina.

Old 06-02-2004 | 07:23 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
>>I wish they could find the time to respond to my inquiry regarding my Cordoba Beige leather interior and color match.
>>
>>but then again I'm sure I can find something else to spend my doe on.

don't hold your breath. i emailed them about a month ago about hunter green leather and still no response.
oh well

Old 06-03-2004 | 04:52 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
well i re emailed them yesterday and got a response today.
thank you redline.

Old 06-07-2004 | 10:56 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sbgobig
I wish they could find the time to respond to my inquiry regarding my Cordoba Beige leather interior and color match. but then again I'm sure I can find something else to spend my doe on.
Hi,

I'm really sorry about this, but we ALWAYS respond to ALL emails within 1 business day. I know we have responded to yours also, it must have gotten lost in transit. It happens a lot now that all internet providers are installing anti-spam software.

To everyone - if you don't receive an email response from us, please send us a Private Message here on the forum. That for sure will make it to us. Email is less reliable than it used to.

Again, I'm sorry about the delay in getting you the information that you need, but please rest assured that we never leave customer emails unresponded.

I received a picture of the cordoba beige interior and it seemed like our TAN leather is a good match. A customer ordered this, received recently and says it's not that great. He will send me a picture comparing the colors. When I receive that, I'll be able to determine if BEIGE would be better.

Originally Posted by sorsha6
don't hold your breath. i emailed them about a month ago about hunter green leather and still no response.
oh well
Christina, we don't have hunter green leather. The only green leather we could find would never make it past our quality requirements.

Thank you,
Maciek

Old 06-11-2004 | 06:04 PM
InfoSec
2nd Gear
Has anyone looked at their Blue leather??? If so how close is it to Mini's Azure Blue???

Old 06-25-2004 | 03:43 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Update On Redline Pricing

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take this opportunity thank the community for the continued support of our products!

For the last weeks we haven't been running any sales on our MINI product line and it's a high time to change that!!

Therefore, here is a DISCOUNT CODE. It is valid for 5 days from midnight today and if you punch it in while ordering, you will receive 10% off on all our prices (so you'll only pay $54 for a set or $31.5 for a single boot!):

2QHXX848E90

Just click http://www.redlinegoods.com/MINIproduct.shtm to go directly to the MINI product page on our site!
Thank you!
Maciek

Old 06-29-2004 | 10:21 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hi all,

we've had some trouble with the site these past 4 days. All should be OK now.

I wanted to share with you these close-up photos of the texture of our leathers (this is charcoal, but they all have the same texture). SWEET, don't you think?

If these don't convince you our products are well worth the asking price for it, I don't know what will. OK, maybe this 10% discount code will help!

MS285X6RJ12

Again, valid for 5 days from today and all you need to do is to punch it in while ordering (at http://www.redlinegoods.com/order.shtm).

Thank you,
Maciek

Old 07-06-2004 | 02:50 PM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Here's another picture. Brand new, taken today. And another discount code for a 10% off for another 5 days:

28YFDN56M33

Thank you!
Maciek

Old 07-28-2004 | 08:43 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
NEW!! 4-panel shift boot design for the MINI!

Everyone,

we just received these fabulous pictures. It's our new, 4-panel shift boot design for the MINI. It costs $10 on top of the retail price due to the higher complication of the shift boot in comparison to the regular (2-panel) design.

There is no extra charge for alternating colors (like on these pictures). Just click these pictures to go to our site and find out more):

Here's a new 10% discount code for all those of you who feel they will order these within the next 5 days (after which the discount code expires):

28CK6KN4Y06

I'd like to extend a very warm THANK YOU to Brad Herman who came up with the idea, convinced me to give it a shot and afterwards took these photos for the benefit of the MINI community. Thank you Brad!

Maciek

Old 08-30-2004 | 03:15 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hello everyone,

a few new pictures of our unique, 4-panel MINI shift boots:

The price of those is $70 shipped for a set or $45 for just the shift boot. The e-brake boot alone is $35.

To make it hurt less here's a 10% discount code again. As usual, valid for 5 days from today.

2I87W2KOM12

Thank you,
Maciek

Old 08-30-2004 | 08:50 AM
kapps
6th Gear
Hey that's mine

Old 09-18-2004 | 07:30 PM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Question: For those of you who have installed these boots-I just received mine, and it looks great, I installed it, but it seems really loose at the top, just under the shift ****. Almost like if you look at the first picture of the gray and white boot, it looks kinda wide at the top, but the red and black has a tighter fit. I folded it under, like in the pics of the red and black, but it doesn't look tight like that. I thought of using a zip tie like the old boot had, but i only had the really small ones, and in order to pull it tight the leather was folded over itself in several spots making it too wide to get the zip tie closed. I'm gonna buy some bigger ones tomorrow to try again, but I'm not sure how it will look with the leather folded over itself as I said. Anybody who has installed it have any advice? Thanks.

Old 09-18-2004 | 07:39 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MCJoe
Question: For those of you who have installed these boots-I just received mine, and it looks great, I installed it, but it seems really loose at the top, just under the shift ****. Almost like if you look at the first picture of the gray and white boot, it looks kinda wide at the top, but the red and black has a tighter fit. I folded it under, like in the pics of the red and black, but it doesn't look tight like that. I thought of using a zip tie like the old boot had, but i only had the really small ones, and in order to pull it tight the leather was folded over itself in several spots making it too wide to get the zip tie closed. I'm gonna buy some bigger ones tomorrow to try again, but I'm not sure how it will look with the leather folded over itself as I said. Anybody who has installed it have any advice? Thanks.
u should zip tie the end, flip it backwards ( so the inside is outside sorta... i dont know how i got it on and how to explain it, but you flip it around, so the inside is outside... but then again i did my ss kit with the boot so maybe that helped me

i got mine installed awhile ago and i love it... real good quality leather... i got black leather with silver thread.. while it is subtle.. i couldn't ask for more! (and it goes well with dark silver!)

Old 09-19-2004 | 05:14 PM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Thanks alot Kyriian, I used a zip tie, and it really made a difference. It looks great, really jazzes up the interior. I especially love the emergency brake boot, I got both the shift boot and e-brake boot in two-tone, red and black, with black stitching. I also have a wheelskins leather steering wheel cover in red and black. I think my next purchase will be wet okole seat covers in red and black to complete the look.

Old 10-06-2004 | 06:59 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on what's going on at www.RedlineGoods.com.

1) We have vastly revamped our color chart (find it here: http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.shtm) to include ACTUAL pictures of the colors of leather and thread that we offer. Those of you who remember our site from before, we used to give you a general idea of the colors you were going to receive. Now, we show ACTUAL PICTURES - and LOTS of them, too! Makes a lot of difference if you're very particular about the colors you want on your boots.

2) We have simplified our shipping processes. Before, we used to ship our boots in a way that they needed to be signed for by the recipient. This was an endless cause of difficulty. Now - no more. They will be just left in your mailbox or on your porch. Much easier and hassle-free!

3) We probably will be forced to raise our prices on individual items as of next month (or the month after next at the latest). Since it takes us almost the same amount of work delivering your orders for a single boot as it does for orders that include two or more, the difference in price between a set of boots (currently $60) and a single boot (currently $35) should be smaller. You can expect an individual shift boot to go up in price to $40 SHIPPED. We will still give out discount codes, for sure, but the base amount will have grown by 12% or so, so after discount you'll be paying the same as today before the discount...

So... if you want a single shift boot, it might be a good idea to order one ASAP.

AND, to make it an easier decision, here is another 10% discount code. Valid for 5 days from midnight, today, all you need to do is paste it into the order form to receive 10% off immediately.

2CH8DJ8030K

Thank you for reading and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Maciek

Old 11-03-2004 | 10:02 AM
RedlineGoods.com
Former Vendor
Hello everyone,

we'd like to present some new CLOSE-UPS of our boots. They show very well the quality of stitching and the texture of leather you can expect from our products. Above the pictures you will find a 10% discount code, valid for 5 days from today to help you make the right decision whether to order some boots from us!

IG2G8882U4O

RedlineGoods.com - click here to go to our website!

Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you!
Maciek

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Sponsor Product Review - Redline Goods Shift & Brake Boots