Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior M7... Carbon Fiber Hood AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 04:24 AM
05JCWS
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice hood. Good job. Are there plans for a release of more carbon fiber parts? Keep up the good work.

Old 05-29-2004, 04:48 AM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
Hood looks good. Can you post some pictures of the under carriage of the hood? I'd like to see if it has good bracing. Can the hood be ordered un finished for painting purposes?

Old 05-29-2004, 05:45 AM
Normalizer
4th Gear
something that I think would be interesting here would be the price for a primed but unpainted factory hood replacement.... anybody got a part number nearby and can call a dealer?

Old 05-29-2004, 07:11 AM
BlueMCS
5th Gear
I love CF and this is beautiful! I know it doesn't make sense in most applications but it sure is pretty!

Next, how about the race version that saves 30 lbs!

Nice job Peter!

Old 05-29-2004, 10:21 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
>>Nice hood. Good job. Are there plans for a release of more carbon fiber parts? Keep up the good work.
thanks for the kind words. One of my pet projects which will happen EVENTUALLY would be to make a 4 piece carbon fiber wide body flare pkg. I want to duplicate the basic shape of the stock flare but provide a inch or so of additional tire clearance. I am trying to make it a 4 peice kit which will blend in with the aero side s or even the stock side skirts as I do no think everyone wants to by a full front and rear plus flare pkg just to get wider wheel or tires on the car.Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Also if there is anything else you might want please feel free to post or PM me. Oh yes we have a project on going at the moment in creating a base for the f1 style carbon mirrors . Please no orders at this time as we have no idea of a realease date but you asked and I'm trying to answer as best I can.

Randy
Team M7

Old 05-29-2004, 10:35 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
>>Hood looks good. Can you post some pictures of the under carriage of the hood? I'd like to see if it has good bracing. Can the hood be ordered un finished for painting purposes?
od questions dan . The first production hood is " in the mail " as we speak and i will take a photo of the next one off the line for you next week. To give you a inkling though we have copied the stock under hood webbing in GRP in order to provide stiffness as well as mounting locations for all of the under hood cables , wires and windshield washers etc. AS for providing it unfinished for painting purposes we found that the finish we have on it makes for a excellent base coat for painting. Think of it as " clear primer " if you will. Feel free to Pm me or post here if I can answer any other questions.

Randy
Team M7

Old 05-29-2004, 10:40 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
>>I love CF and this is beautiful! I know it doesn't make sense in most applications but it sure is pretty!
>>
>>Next, how about the race version that saves 30 lbs! :smile: Im sure it could be done but at what cost ?We are knocking it from 36lbs to 19lbs and that is as light as we dare go and still be able to provide something that will last. Hell of a idea tho!

Thanks for the support.

Randy Team M7

Old 06-04-2004, 06:34 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For all of you who has been waiting for some more info/pictures...

Here's the Hood with the backside fully visible , showing the resemblense of the stock hood down to
the smallest detailes

All the hardware has been retained allowing you to open and close the hood in the same manner as the stock unit.
If you wish to paint the hood, our finish is as good or better then the stock hood, providing a perfect surface.

Enjoy.....

peter
Team M7

562-712-3270

Sorry for my absence from the forum, but Earthlink sqrewed me over big time with a supposedly down
DSL server...

Old 06-04-2004, 07:28 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
>>Max, if you loose tha attitude (as several other members have mentioned), you won't drive as many potential customers away from your company.<<

I don't care if this post is a week old, it's completely uncalled for and you should be ashamed of yourself, Trippy. You're obviously the cranky baby in this thread; I think maxmini's done quite well responding to all of the criticisms with dignity and respect.

You don't like CF, fine. Why don't you figure out when to just keep your mouth shut? Your supposed role as the BS detector isn't exactly shining through here.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:09 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Some of you have been asking about it, so here's a little information on a new feature available on NAM 2.0 (site downtime scheduled starting Saturday night).

User Ignore List

You'll be able to add users to your ignore list and then when you view threads they have posted in, their posts will never be loaded into your viewing of the site.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Trippy
Banned
Wow, post-of-the-living-dead here.

I think Peter and Max drive customers away with their aggressive "no-numbers, but this is the super-best" announcements.

Attacking people who disagree ALSO drives away customers. Their choice, not mine.

You disagree. No problem.

My e-mails and PMs say differently.

We all have opinions, and someday, M7s will match mine. (When we are both dead from old-age hopefuilly)

Until that time, I call-em as I see-em.

Also, I'd like to quote the very FIRST response to this thread, written by me
Nice job. Looks great. Includes numbers. I appreciate that.

CF looks like crap to me, but I think several others on the board think it's the Doopdy-do!

Way to go on another cosmetic enhancement for the MINI. You folks do some mighty-fine CF work.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:11 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Decided to add this image to the rest, it gives you a feel for the depth of the resin and how glossy the finish is.
Sorry for the "Moire" pattern, the digital chip doesn't like CF.

peter
Team M7

Old 06-04-2004, 09:31 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Peter

That looks very nice. The underhood shot is impressive with the amount of detail you guys carried over. Any close-up shots of the underhood reinforcement?

Old 06-04-2004, 10:02 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trippy, nice try. What I'd like to see is a quote of where exactly you feel that maxmini is exhibiting the "attitude" that you deem inappropriate. Seems to me that he responded to unsavory criticisms as restrainedly as anyone could be expected to.

Actually I don't care enough to necessarily check back and see. I've read the thread and formed my opinion, and posted it. Your ostensible concern about M7 driving away business is frankly quite comical, since you'd obviously be only too happy to see them disappear altogether.

I'm not interested in their products either, but I don't try to pick fights in every thread they start. Why can't you just butt out once in a while? The response of yours that you're quoting isn't exactly free of barbs (doopdy-doo?).

Old 06-04-2004, 10:22 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Here's a closer view of the inside bracing......

Peter
team M7

Old 06-05-2004, 07:03 AM
Trippy
Banned
>>Trippy, nice try. What I'd like to see is a quote of where exactly you feel that maxmini is exhibiting the "attitude" that you deem inappropriate.

I'm not going to get into it AGAIN.

Why not discuss the product instead.

And PLEASE add "Trippy" to your "User-ignore" fezture when it is available.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:48 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, guys, the hood looks fantastic...the underside detail looks OEM spec. NICE JOB

I'm eager to see a cooper hood in CF, is that high on priority?

>>And PLEASE add "Trippy" to your "User-ignore" fezture when it is available.

Trippy, you dont have to worry, im sure plenty of people are eagerly awaiting to do this as well.

Old 06-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Trippy
Banned
User-ignore is HERE!!!

>> And PLEASE add "Trippy" to your "User-ignore feature" when it is available.

Trippy, you dont have to worry, im sure plenty of people are eagerly awaiting to do this as well.
The time is NOW.

Thanks Mark and all the others involved.

This should really cut down on people whining about other members and asking them to stop posting.

Thank you in advance.

Nice job.

Last edited by Trippy; 06-06-2004 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Fix missing space. (Do you REALLY care?)
Old 06-06-2004, 08:25 PM
2perCooper
5th Gear
man...im really eager to get one..does anyone think that it would look weird if i got the hood and i only have an MC? i really want to get it, and i cant wait for M7 to make one for the MC..if they make one.

what do you guys/gals think?!?

-chris

Old 06-09-2004, 02:30 AM
Mrtemp
2nd Gear
I wouldnt think it would look weird at all. People might call you a ricer though

Its a nice hood, but a little too rich for my blood right now.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:01 AM
ananiou
1st Gear
Is it possible to see the CF hood (unpainted) fitted on an EB S?

Thanks

Old 06-09-2004, 04:02 AM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
What is the construction of the hood? is it 100% carbon fiber, or does it have a fiberglass core?

It looks real nice though.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:18 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MiniPilo
What is the construction of the hood? is it 100% carbon fiber, or does it have a fiberglass core?

It looks real nice though.
It's a fiberglass/ Carbon Fiber composit....

Peter
Team M7
562-712-3270

Old 06-09-2004, 05:45 PM
MiniPilo
6th Gear
Originally Posted by M7
It's a fiberglass/ Carbon Fiber composit....

Peter
Team M7
562-712-3270
Out of Curiosity, Would the weight saving be greater if all carbon fiber? I bet the cost would be huge though. Is there a strenght gain by doing it this was also? I think this would be a great looking when painted body color with just a hint of the Carbon fiber pusing through.

Old 06-09-2004, 06:18 PM
M7
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MiniPilo
Out of Curiosity, Would the weight saving be greater if all carbon fiber? I bet the cost would be huge though. Is there a strenght gain by doing it this was also? I think this would be a great looking when painted body color with just a hint of the Carbon fiber pusing through.
Yes there would be a substantial weight saving....but the cost of this beast
would be close to double or more, and there is a question if this hood made
of pure carbon would stand up to the rigor of everyday driving and weather conditions.

The M7 CF Hood was made to be light, strong/stiff and exceptionally beautifull finish that lends it self to painting or keeping the way it comes out of the mould.

Peter
Team M7
562-712-3270

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior M7... Carbon Fiber Hood AVAILABLE