Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Digital graphics and more!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 07:35 PM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital graphics and more!

Here are some pics of my 03 S. The digital vinyl graphics are done by myself at my shop GrafikDezine.com. Just finished them last friday night before a big car show here on Long Island over the weekend. My 19's came back from the powdercoater just n time for the show. I did them is black metallic. The JL Audio sponsored strereo was also just completed. I could have went much crazier but keep in mind this is my daily driver and I need to put stuff in it from time to time. I removed my passenger seat because, heck it is cool riding solo. The rear seat is removed for the stereo. The driver seat is a sparco evo, custom upholstered in grey leather and blue ultra suede. (the ble suede is exact match for the lapis blue I just took out of the car. I had the shift boot and e-brake custom made with the blue suede aswell. The tail lights and headlights are smoked out with a new translucent vinyl. When the lights are on it looks as if it not even there. There is just to much to list with what have done. The car was at SEMA last year in BBS wheels booth and this year Konig wheels is using the car. I have alot more planned from now until then. Check out my site from time to time to see the evolution of this S. I have been slow with the updates on the site because we are nuts busy at my graphics shop, but by the end of the summer we will be a full e-commerce site so some of you can purchase my excluse designs.

Phil Danza

www.grafikdezine.com

Old 07-13-2004, 07:38 PM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
here are some more pics

Old 07-13-2004, 07:41 PM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
and some more with my M3. The mini was purchased so I didn't have to drive my M3 anymore because it got to crazy, the mini is surpassing that car now.

Last edited by GD-Mini; 07-13-2004 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:39 PM
weaverpsu
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
normally I don't like graphics but yours are pretty freakin cool. nice M3 too. i love the girl in the flames. didn't see her at first until your other pic.

gotta have a passenger seat though where is the girl gonna go?

Old 07-14-2004, 06:14 AM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
It's a great excuse to leave the wife home!:smile:

Old 07-14-2004, 09:53 AM
kapps@mac.com
Neutral
What is the cover made out of that goes where the back seats used to. I'm thinking of taking mine out because I don't need them and would like to make it look nice.

Old 07-14-2004, 12:54 PM
no_affiliation
5th Gear
How did you pull JL and Konig as Sponsors? Was it with last year's showing?

We have a project cooper we are building and having a tough time finding a wheel sponsor.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:11 PM
acetonic
4th Gear
Yeah, it's cool that all those companies are sponsoring you. Did they pay for all the graphics or just give you free parts?

Old 07-14-2004, 01:13 PM
ZAMIRZ
5th Gear
To be honest with you, I think the graphics look terrible. But, your car is awesome other than the vinyl, the bodykit and wheels look great and the seats look great with the custom upholstery.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:29 PM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
The graphics are from my company, that is what I do. I do business with JL and Konig, so they take care of me. There is always one guy in the crowd that you can't please, if you don't like the graphics, keep quiet, I am very sensitive about that. You couldn't possibly understand the time and work that goes into producing something like that.

Old 07-14-2004, 02:39 PM
MGear
5th Gear
Hey, nice job GD Mini! I will be attending SEMA this year and look forward to seeing your car on the floor, good luck? Will you be there?

Old 07-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Kypt
2nd Gear
I think the graphics are awesome. One question though.

Why do you have all those companies stickers on the side of your car? Do you get paid for that? I see this all the time, and it just doesn't look good to me, so unless you're getting paid for it, why do that?

Old 07-14-2004, 04:33 PM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
I agree, if you are adding that many corporate logos on your car, you should be getting something. Here is the rundown:

-BMP/PROMINI: got an intake, strut tower bar, short shifter, and the supersprint exhaust (I do all the graphics on there company cars. I fly from NY to Texas twice a year to do that. Check out promini.com to see the cars. They are a great bunch of guys.
-RenuPowdercoating: They custom coat all my rims for me.
-RPM Racing: the do all my installs of the parts I bring them.
-Sparco: I bought the seat, but heck it looks cool
-Habberstad Mini: they give me tons of stuff like mats and tech help. I install all there graphics on there new cars.
-JL Audio: gave me the audio
-Audio XTC: did the fantastic custom install
-H&R: I know them through BMP/PROMINI, they made t-shirts 1 of the mini's for supersprint I did and used another one in a calender and in magazine ads.

I will be at SEMA this year (4th year running). I will have graphics on around 4 cars plus my own cooper. Look for me.

Phil

Old 07-14-2004, 08:17 PM
section8
2nd Gear
I guess you're only looking for positive replies, so I'll keep quiet.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:02 PM
sorsha6
3rd Gear
nice sparco.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:57 AM
Kypt
2nd Gear
Free stuff...that makes sense.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:09 AM
iamwiz82
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eek

Old 07-16-2004, 08:24 AM
no_affiliation
5th Gear
We had planned on showing our Cooper this year in SEMA with a friend of ours new mini performance company, but it doesn't look like well have the cash flow.

If you ever need another show car let me know

Old 07-16-2004, 08:40 AM
lurch70
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can certainly appreciate the great work you guys do and like a lot of the cars on your website gallery. But this MINI is a little wrong in some way. This burgundy/purple vinyl flames on a silver MINI with blue seat ... it's just colors all over the place.

The quality of the work definetelly shows, but the color coordination is just hard on the eyes.

And no offense, but a silver/grey car is not the most exciting color to use as a base palette.

Last edited by lurch70; 07-16-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:51 AM
countrym
6th Gear
Originally Posted by GD-Mini
There is always one guy in the crowd that you can't please, if you don't like the graphics, keep quiet, I am very sensitive about that.
Dude. You can't post pictures of something like this and then tell people not to say what they think. If you don't want feedback, don't post the pics.

Old 07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
You need to adjust the hue on your moniter, the graphics are black faded to silver with the exact blue as in the interior.

Old 07-16-2004, 09:29 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
GD-Mini,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I know you are friends with D-mini-ero.
What do you use your MCS for?
"Show only" or do you use it for daily driving or any performance driving?
What is the reason for removing all of the interior except for the driver's seat- which is good to loose weight for performance driving or maybe for a cleaner look?
No cover for the missing passenger seat?

I think in my area it would be illegal to tint the headlights/taillights.

Old 07-16-2004, 12:18 PM
no_affiliation
5th Gear
minihune i can speak on the tinted taillights issue,

we have thinned out black paint over the mini's taillights and 3rd brakelight.

We have had many cops pull behind us and have not gotten a ticket or a warning or anything else.

Old 07-16-2004, 02:27 PM
GD-Mini
1st Gear
To answer your question, I removed the back seat and passenger seat to make more room for when I pick up supplies for my business. When I want to use the car with my wife to go somewhere, I put the seat back in, it takes 5 minutes. I have 43k miles on the car since 11/02. This is my daily driver. In the winter I put the stock rims back on, and the two facory seats (addicted to those heated seats in the winter) I drive the car with the kit and all, the front bumper gets hammered from the sand on the roads, but in the spring I get it painted.

Check out this link to see the rest of the pics.

Phil
http://www.grafikdezine.com/mini/gd/summer_2004.php

Old 07-16-2004, 02:50 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
GD-Mini,

OK, that's pretty good you can do all that and still have a multipurpose car. More room for hauling things- good idea. That's why people are thinking about how useful it would be to have a stretched rear hatch version of the MINI for businesses. Even 8 or 10 more inches of wheelbase or boot stretch would be good.

The other good thing is the MINI can do commuting and hauling chores very economically and still be loads of fun to drive when needed.

Too bad the sparco seat doesn't have the built in air bag. Good work.

About the taillight and headlight tint- In my area the laws don't allow for that so if you got stopped it might be ugly. We can get stopped for no front license plate or for having a europlate.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Digital graphics and more!