Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior New DSC Button!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 07:22 AM
jcmini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New DSC Button!

I think DSC is one of the best features of the Mini. The thing I don’t like about it is when it kicks in from hard acceleration, it dogs down for a few seconds, struggling to get its act together, :? but I can live with that for all its other benefits. So I find myself turn the DSC on and off very often, the switch location is just out of reach from my finger tips while shifting, so I decide to move it to the stick shift.

All I did was run push button switch (Temporary switch) to the DSC switch PC board back plate. So when pushed for a second the DSC light goes on telling me DSC is now OFF, push again DSC is back ON. Here is a pic of the holes you need to solder you switch to. The wire comes for the back side of this PC board shown and soldered in place. Make sure you have a good solder joint, and make sure it’s flush with PC board face shown, if not flush it will interfere with the rubber cover. Wire can be run out the back real easy by drilling a small hole. It works great, and I feel much safer with it at my fingertips. :D

NAM (Trippy) Has a great photo shot of the disassembly here.

http://bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/...tch/index.html