Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Cost of aero kit and arches painted at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
modman
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost of aero kit and arches painted at dealer

Anybody had the aero kit and the arches painted on there car at the dealer? How much did it cost from them? I would like to have it done, and I thought, when they get my new car they can just set it up right away, but not if it is too expensive. I am in milwaukee, wisconsin.

cheers, jason

Old 07-23-2004, 10:06 AM
bee1000n
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I can help a little

Originally Posted by modman
Anybody had the aero kit and the arches painted on there car at the dealer? How much did it cost from them? I would like to have it done, and I thought, when they get my new car they can just set it up right away, but not if it is too expensive. I am in milwaukee, wisconsin.

cheers, jason
Brecht Mini (curse them and their mark-ups!) would have charged $1500 for the trim painting if I had (a) bought a car from them, and (b) decided I wanted to have it painted! In the end, neither a nor b occurred. They don't just paint the trim, though, I think they sand it smooth, too.

Not exactly what you're looking for, but at least you get bumped back to the top of the New Posts list!

Old 07-23-2004, 10:20 AM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts

cheers, jason
modman,
This topic has been discussed many times before. Just search for "cost of aero kit installed" and you get threads like this-
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...+kit+installed

Cost is about $2600 to $3500 depending on the dealer and what things are painted. It varies alot, sometimes the wheel arches and valences are painted some times they are partially painted. Sometimes the stock bumpers are used but the valences are painted while aero side skirts are added and painted and it is still $2500+.

If you want the least expensive method then buy the aerokit from Classic Auto campus (NAM sponsor) at a discount and have it shipped to you then get a good body shop to do the install and paint whatever you like. I'd guess that the bill would be about $1200 or less for the parts and $800 for the labor. But it varies. In my area two shops do the aerokit and they both do it well so the results are very nice but the price is quite high.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:40 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After you get the aero bumper painted, make sure you get a clearbra on there before you have too many chips. It will chip pretty quickly without it. Let
the paint dry at least a month or two before you install the clearbra.

www.autoclearguard.com

They have one dedicated for the aero bumper. :smile:

Old 07-23-2004, 12:10 PM
modman
1st Gear
thanks guys

Hey thanks for all the help. I will defintiely be looking into the clearguard for the nose, cause I f&^king hate stone chips, and I live in what seems to be the largest conglomerate of dump trucks in the world! The only reason I had concern about an outside body shop is the color matching, my thinking is the dealer will have the best materials and workmanship?

cheers, jason

Old 07-23-2004, 02:44 PM
hafid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mini North Scottsdale is charging $1700 from what I understand.

Old 07-23-2004, 02:58 PM
modman
1st Gear
$2345 is my dealers price

My motoring advisor called me back and told me it would be $2345 for the aero kit installed with the arches painted. That sounds about right to me. $1200 for the kit, $1145 for labor. $90 per hour, equal to 12 hours of work, sounds about right to me.

cheers, jason

Old 07-23-2004, 03:36 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
My motoring advisor called me back and told me it would be $2345 for the aero kit installed with the arches painted. That sounds about right to me. $1200 for the kit, $1145 for labor. $90 per hour, equal to 12 hours of work, sounds about right to me.

cheers, jason
Sounds right. The advantage of getting the aerokit installed and written up in the purchase of the MINI when new is that it becomes part of the new car warranty and is under the car loan. This helps for problems during the warranty period which is much greater for a new car than if it were done by an autobody shop later and it helps for decreasing the cost up front for the upgrade even though it is dealer installed not factory installed.

Old 07-24-2004, 07:31 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Modman-that sounds like a good price. I think I paid little over $2500

on my kit installed...without the arches painted. they put on so much
premium at the dealer especially when its already installed and displayed for
immediate pickup... if I was to buy the aero kit now, I would buy the
pre-painted ones because the paint is factory.

Old 07-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Panganiban
3rd Gear
Where can you be the pre-painted ones??? I've called two dealers and they don't mention the painted ones. Also, you guys think it would be possible to just get the side skirts?

Old 07-24-2004, 08:02 AM
ninjamini
5th Gear
Why get the dealer to paint it. Buy the part and take it to a paint shop. Have them paint it. You dont think that any mini dealer has its own paint shop do you. They send it to a paint shop to! I'd bet its only $400-500 to get them painted and installed. Everyone talks about having the dealer overcharging them. Why let them do it again on this part.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:01 AM
modman
1st Gear
outside body shop

I would have an outside shop do it, but I just want to have it all done and ready for pick up when the car arrives. That way it is all done for, and I dont have to search out a reputable body shop.

cheers, jason

p.s. most body shops will charge about the same anyways. I had the "S" bumpers painted on my cooper and they charged me around $700.

Old 07-24-2004, 10:05 AM
2perCooper
5th Gear
I would have an outside shop do it, but I just want to have it all done and ready for pick up when the car arrives. That way it is all done for, and I dont have to search out a reputable body shop.

cheers, jason

p.s. most body shops will charge about the same anyways. I had the "S" bumpers painted on my cooper and they charged me around $700.
man, i really wish you were in the chicago area...as of right now, I am getting my Aero kit painted at the dealership for $400. thats not including installation though, which is another $400. I saved a bundle.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:19 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Your dealer should be able to get them for you. Unfortunately you have to
buy all 4 pieces...so if you want just the sideskirts, you'll have to get the
primed ones and get it painted locally...which shouldn't cost all that much.

Originally Posted by Panganiban
Where can you be the pre-painted ones??? I've called two dealers and they don't mention the painted ones. Also, you guys think it would be possible to just get the side skirts?

Old 07-24-2004, 11:54 AM
modman
1st Gear
what chicago dealer?

2percooper,

What dealer is doing it for $400? I live in the southern part of milwaukee, and a 45 minute drive is all it takes to get to chicago. tell me knauz and I will set a date for paint.

cheers, jason

Old 07-24-2004, 03:13 PM
2perCooper
5th Gear
2percooper,

What dealer is doing it for $400? I live in the southern part of milwaukee, and a 45 minute drive is all it takes to get to chicago. tell me knauz and I will set a date for paint.

cheers, jason
sorry its not,

the only reason im getting it done for that price is because the body shop has done work on some of the cars in chicagoland's local european car club.

lets just say its a side-job type deal.