Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Painted Shift Knobs

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004 | 03:42 PM
ceberlik
|
1st Gear
Painted Shift *****

I just picked up this "you-ification" book from the local dealer and noticed that body colored shift ***** are now available. I am really interested in one. However, I have a Cooper S that is INDI BLUE and I painted my dash the same color. They have the **** for a basic Cooper in Indi blue, but not for the S. This stinks.

1. Does anybody have one of these ***** yet to post a picture of? There are no pictures in the catalog.

2. I gues it is just the shift pattern sticker that is different, do you think I could transfer the shift patern sticker from the stock **** onto the painted Indi Blue one?

Old 12-07-2004 | 12:48 PM
ceberlik
|
1st Gear
No Luck!

Okay, I found a picture of the new body colored shift ***** in a service bulletin at the dealership and they look really nice . They kind of look like the stock shift ****, with the shift pattern on the top and a chrome ring around that just like the stock ****. The bottom half of the **** that is typically covered in leather or fake leather is the painted part. I also have confirmation that the only painted **** offered in Indi Blue has the 5-speed shift pattern on it . No Cooper S shift **** is available in Indi Blue.

I was told that Hyper Blue is almost the same color. When I park my car next to a 2005 car in Hyper Blue, the difference in color is dramatic. The rest of my dash, including the cup holder rings and shifter boot base ring, have been painted in Indi Blue, and those are only 3 inches away from the **** so I can't have that.

Maybe if there is enough interest, we can convince MINI USA to offer an INDI BLUE **** for the Cooper S. Who's with me???

Old 12-07-2004 | 01:07 PM
MGCMAN
6th Gear
About 18 months ago, I purchased the leather gaiters for both the shift and handbrake as well as the handbrake release grip and shift **** in Lapis Blue leather to go with my MCS's LB interior. Maybe this will be close enough for you. It goes great with the IB/W exterior. I do use my Whalen shift **** now (at least in spring - fall). but that also goes well with the LB leather shift boot.