Interior/Exterior LCI2 Side Indicators: Installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 12:07 PM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts
LCI2 Side Indicators: Installed

Hi all,

I took advantage of the 40 degree temperature today and installed the new style side indicators. I'm very impressed with them and would highly recommend this upgrade

: Quick Review :

- Compared to the '14-'21 side indicators the build quality has definitely improved.
- The gasket around the indicator makes a tight seal and there's three clips now instead of one.
- With the addition of the two clips the fitment is better and they don't have any movement/play.
* With my original side indicators and third-party ones they had a slight movement to them

- I love the mesh style/pattern they have, it mimics the same pattern on the grill and bumpers which ties in the design
- The LED is very bright and evenly lit/uniform
* The third-party dynamic ones I previously had installed had issues with some of the LEDs being dim/faded

- I wish that the DOT information wasn't printed directly on the lens but I'm sure its there for regulatory reasons...

Yes, I will miss the "37" scuttle inserts but now I don't have to worry about them getting damaged. After installation I used BimmerCode to code them.

Here are some pictures:

Have a great weekend,

Rich

Last edited by RichsMINI; 02-18-2022 at 12:14 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by RichsMINI:
bratling (03-15-2022), ECSTuning (12-29-2022), IrishCooper (02-21-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 12:40 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 520 Likes on 432 Posts
I just received my JDM sequential side scuttles, and they fit like S%^^&
They're going back

Im going to order a set of the LCI2 like yours, but Chrome tops!!

Didi you order from ECS??

Old 02-18-2022, 01:09 PM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
I just received my JDM sequential side scuttles, and they fit like S%^^&
They're going back

Im going to order a set of the LCI2 like yours, but Chrome tops!!

Didi you order from ECS??
Hi TVPostSound,

I did order them from ECS and they had them in-stock at the time so I didn’t want to miss out.

The dynamic ones I had needed to go… fast. Some of the LEDs we’re going out and the “37” scuttle inserts were loose.

I tried to put 3M adhesive behind the “37” inserts but they never sat flush and I was always afraid of loosing them.

I cannot wait for you to receive them. The build quality is really incredible!

Rich

Old 02-18-2022, 05:56 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
I ordered the LCI2 side blinkers
S logo with Chrome tops.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...a/63179879003/
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...a/63179879004/

It didn't have free shipping, but a quick chat with Jared at ECS, cleared that up!!

Last edited by TVPostSound; 02-18-2022 at 06:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (02-23-2022)
Old 02-18-2022, 06:10 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Here are the numbers:
  • Cooper JCW LCI2 Scuttle Indicators: 63179879005 / 63179879006
  • Cooper S LCI2 Scuttle Indicators Piano Black: 63175a204e5 / 63175a204e6
  • Cooper S LCI2 Scuttle Indicators Resolute/Silver: 63179879003 / 63179879004
  • NON S All BLACK 63179879001 / 63179879002

Old 02-19-2022, 01:19 PM
steelrat
1st Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Those look really hot. It's too bad, I don't think they will fit with my 60th edition markings. Would you be able to take a shot of them side by side a stock one? I'd like to confirm my suspicions.....

TIA

Old 02-19-2022, 03:24 PM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by steelrat
Those look really hot. It's too bad, I don't think they will fit with my 60th edition markings. Would you be able to take a shot of them side by side a stock one? I'd like to confirm my suspicions.....

TIA
Hi steelrat,

Sure, no problem

I’m off this coming Tuesday and will update this thread with multiple pictures.

Those 60th anniversary scuttle surrounds are sweet looking and it’s a nice MINI edition too.

My neighbor almost purchased one but it sold before he arrived

Until Tuesday,

Rich

steelrat (02-20-2022)
Old 02-19-2022, 03:48 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear

TIA
They will work.
The 60th doesnt have sheet metal changes.

Which one is yours?

Last edited by TVPostSound; 02-19-2022 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:52 AM
steelrat
1st Gear
@TVPostSound Yes, that is correct photo of a 60th. I am worried about the shape changes on the lci2 ones.... The 60th markings around the scuttles, look too "fitted" to allow for the back edge of lci2......

@RichsMINI Thanks. Much appreciated. It's still too cold around here for installing stuff anyway. So I am not in a rush..... We got very lucky when I found ours. It was a bit of a drive to the dealership, but basically I saw on friday night, by saturday afternoon, the deal was done, and picked up the following weekend. only 19500kms on it..... They had several interested parties on the week in between.

Borrowed from ebay.... but it's the clearest photo

Last edited by steelrat; 02-20-2022 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:26 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
@TVPostSound Yes, that is correct photo of a 60th. I am worried about the shape changes on the lci2 ones.... The 60th markings around the scuttles, look too "fitted" to allow for the back edge of lci2.......
I see. The upper rear of the LCI2 have more pointed corners. I see the its also a bubble sticker

Last edited by TVPostSound; 02-20-2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:46 PM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
@steelrat

Hi, I apologize for not being able to take the pictures today.

Yesterday my MINI went in for service and was told I needed to have the ECU updated... Now my MINI does not connect to MINI Connected Services so now the MINI shop foreman is reaching out to MINI/BMW HQ.

Here is the information from my paperwork: "Campaign Service Action SIM 12-01-21: Program Control Units (DME) 0012710500"

After this issue is resolved I will definitely have those pictures for you.

Have a great night,

Rich

Old 02-22-2022, 06:46 PM
steelrat
1st Gear
@RichsMINI
No worries. Use this as an opportunity. Tell them to upgrade your carplay to the new 2022 one while you are at it.

For mini connected the app for me works. I have found logging to the web site is a complete pain in the ***. On the .ca, it will let me login with my same account as the app. But it basically crashes, because it thinks I should have a lease or financing, but I don't. So try logging into the connected website, and see if that helps or hurts + upgrade your app?

Although your work order thing is talking about the sim card. Maybe you need a 5g upgrade on the car?

When I go for service before my stuff runs out in summer I was going to get them to "update" everything.... hopefully they will have this worked out by then....

Old 02-22-2022, 07:18 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RichsMINI
Here is the information from my paperwork: "Campaign Service Action SIM 12-01-21: Program Control Units (DME) 0012710500"
Campaign is an auto industry term for recall.

Old 02-24-2022, 10:59 AM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
Campaign is an auto industry term for recall.
Yeah, realistically it upsets me that after the MINI technician did the update a functional test was not performed.
- It was just a long day, dropping off the MINI, picking it up, finding out it did not function then dropping it off again.

MINI still has no solution other than trying to reinstall the update. I guess we shall see...

Rich

Old 02-24-2022, 11:10 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Yeah, realistically it upsets me that after the MINI technician did the update a functional test was not performed.
- It was just a long day, dropping off the MINI, picking it up, finding out it did not function then dropping it off again.

MINI still has no solution other than trying to reinstall the update. I guess we shall see...

Rich

Had the same issue with my 17, failed twice, third pass, I saw my car on the weekend, lights on, battery charger hooked up, with
their computer doing an update to the DME.
Apparently it takes hours to update.

Had a rental for a week on their gas and dime.

Old 02-24-2022, 11:22 AM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
@RichsMINI
No worries. Use this as an opportunity. Tell them to upgrade your carplay to the new 2022 one while you are at it.

For mini connected the app for me works. I have found logging to the web site is a complete pain in the ***. On the .ca, it will let me login with my same account as the app. But it basically crashes, because it thinks I should have a lease or financing, but I don't. So try logging into the connected website, and see if that helps or hurts + upgrade your app?

Although your work order thing is talking about the sim card. Maybe you need a 5g upgrade on the car?

When I go for service before my stuff runs out in summer I was going to get them to "update" everything.... hopefully they will have this worked out by then....
Hi steelrat,

Thanks, hopefully tomorrow I will get those pictures and the issue will be resolved...

Here's the deal:

The MINI app on iOS functions every now and then. Intermittently remote functions like lock/unlock do not work
- I cannot locate the MINI or send directions to the built-in navigation
- The miles on the car and remaining gas amount does not match the MINI's gauges

Inside the MINI I cannot turn on automatic date/time, vehicle tracking, get weather or news information
- I cannot change my service center, create a teleservice call or update MINI Services

I called MINI CR and was told they have a built-in SIM and it uses LTE. I did find out that the update was to fix a problem when codes not being stored in memory (example a CEL would be on but there would be no code details. This was told to me by my Service Advisor)

I should have four years no charge for MINI Connected Services and after there would be an annual fee

What's the MINI Connected website? I only new about MINI's Owners Lounge

Have a great day,

Rich

Old 02-24-2022, 11:26 AM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
Had the same issue with my 17, failed twice, third pass, I saw my car on the weekend, lights on, battery charger hooked up, with
their computer doing an update to the DME.
Apparently it takes hours to update.

Had a rental for a week on their gas and dime.
Good to know, my Service Advisor told me it can take up to three hours but it was completed in under two. Hopefully the reinstallation will resolve the issue

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 02-25-2022, 04:56 PM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
Hi steelrat,

Here are the original style scuttles vs the newer style ones and yes the newer ones have a different shape to them and are a little larger
- With your MINI being the 60 years edition I would not want to remove those awesome scuttle surround plates

: Update of the MINI Connected Services Issue :

My Service Advisor explained to me that the shop foreman reached out to MINI HQ because there was another MINI with the same issue and it appears to be a server side problem that needs to be resolved and there's no ETA.

They would like to keep my MINI for four days, create an escalation, have an engineer look at the logs and reinstall the update again.

I'm going to hold off for a week and see if MINI resolves the server issue then proceed...

Have a great weekend and hope the pictures help,

Rich

Last edited by RichsMINI; 02-25-2022 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-26-2022, 10:00 AM
steelrat
1st Gear
Why thanks @RichsMINI for taking the time to get the comparo photos for me. I agree. I'd really love to get those 2022..... but I guess I'll have to wait to see if somebody aftermarkets a similary design in the old shape.

Hopefully mini can go ahead and fix it. Much like the logon server side issues, I hope.

Old 03-01-2022, 01:11 PM
RichsMINI
3rd Gear
@steelrat no problem and hopefully the aftermarket companies will come through

I’m happy to report that after eight days BMW/MINI resolved their server issue and this afternoon my MINI was able to connect to MINI Connected Services

I really did not want to leave my MINI with the service department for four/five days. So happy it’s over

Rich

*ps there’s a great company www.smps2012.com and they make great MINI accessories. Maybe reach out to them and inquire about the side markers

Old 03-01-2022, 04:28 PM
steelrat
1st Gear
Glad to see the connectivity issues are better.

I've looked at the stuff that smps has, I think some of it is available without the trans-atlantic shipping... But you're correct maybe a "if you wouldn't mind...." product suggestion mailbox. <G>

Thanks so much for the help......

RichsMINI (03-02-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 07:00 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Mine are finally in the mail!!!

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...a/63179879003/

Knowing ECS, those are the pictures above of mine, because they always inspect and photgraph
the first ones in!!

ECS, using a white drop, causes the chrome to reflect as white!!!
(They better be chrome!!)

Old 03-15-2022, 06:25 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 2,096 Likes on 1,870 Posts
They look like the chrome on top. Thats just shot on a white background.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 03-15-2022, 10:39 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ECSTuning
They look like the chrome on top. Thats just shot on a white background.
I knew that!!

ECSTuning (03-15-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 09:08 PM
isugoo
3rd Gear
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Hi all,

I took advantage of the 40 degree temperature today and installed the new style side indicators. I'm very impressed with them and would highly recommend this upgrade

: Quick Review :

- Compared to the '14-'21 side indicators the build quality has definitely improved.
- The gasket around the indicator makes a tight seal and there's three clips now instead of one.
- With the addition of the two clips the fitment is better and they don't have any movement/play.
* With my original side indicators and third-party ones they had a slight movement to them

- I love the mesh style/pattern they have, it mimics the same pattern on the grill and bumpers which ties in the design
- The LED is very bright and evenly lit/uniform
* The third-party dynamic ones I previously had installed had issues with some of the LEDs being dim/faded

- I wish that the DOT information wasn't printed directly on the lens but I'm sure its there for regulatory reasons...

Yes, I will miss the "37" scuttle inserts but now I don't have to worry about them getting damaged. After installation I used BimmerCode to code them.

Here are some pictures:

Have a great weekend,

Rich
Looks great. Are they straight swaps from older light bulbs version to newer LED or do we need to code like Union Jack tail lights?

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior LCI2 Side Indicators: Installed