Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Aero Kit/ Rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 06:51 PM
KA1032
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aero Kit/ Rims

Ok, so about 5 months ago my mom bought me a very nice early 16th bday present. 2002 Cooper. The previous owner was an old guy that just liked the car. So its basically all standard junk. This is what i want to do with it. I want to get the Aero Kit installed on the car. Does any one know how much it would be to buy the whole thing at once and get it installed?
And does someone know how much it would cost to just get the black grille, front and back bumper?
For rims, i have the ones that look like theres a bunch of small circles around the outside. I dont like the look of those rims, so does someone know how much those JCW rims are?
And finally we go to the inside. Im a 16 year old who loves blaring his music. I dont know if any of you live in Northwest ohio and know who scuba steve from car stereo one is, but hes my neighbor, so he will give me free gift certificates there but would you reccommend getting the HK sound system or just going to car stereo one and buying speakers there?

Old 02-07-2005, 06:56 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KA1032
Ok, so about 5 months ago my mom bought me a very nice early 16th bday present. 2002 Cooper. The previous owner was an old guy that just liked the car. So its basically all standard junk. This is what i want to do with it. I want to get the Aero Kit installed on the car. Does any one know how much it would be to buy the whole thing at once and get it installed?
And does someone know how much it would cost to just get the black grille, front and back bumper?
For rims, i have the ones that look like theres a bunch of small circles around the outside. I dont like the look of those rims, so does someone know how much those JCW rims are?
And finally we go to the inside. Im a 16 year old who loves blaring his music. I dont know if any of you live in Northwest ohio and know who scuba steve from car stereo one is, but hes my neighbor, so he will give me free gift certificates there but would you reccommend getting the HK sound system or just going to car stereo one and buying speakers there?
full JCW aero kit runs somewhere around 2k at the dealer.. u can try classic auto campus, who is a sponsor at nam, i think they have painted ones as well

the standard R81 hollies are much hunted for (me too!) so you can fetch a good price on them, but full JCW wheels are.... somewhere around 2 grand as well i believe... i do not have the price list in my head

anyways... good hunting!

Old 02-07-2005, 07:32 PM
karvinbass
3rd Gear
the aero kit is well worth it though. I am very happy i have it. I would go with the aero kit first and then go with aftermarket wheels. Just curious, what color is your Mini. Here is what mine looks like with the aero..

Attached Thumbnails Aero Kit/ Rims-sideview.jpg  
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
KA1032
1st Gear
mine is all black with white bonnet stripes. Nice rims, those ones are also on my list.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:13 PM
MandaBoo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Classic has the prepainted kit in some colors for ~$1350 but my dealer said they are trying to match that. I was also told that installation is $450 but it doesn't look too complicated so we are trying that ourselves :smile: .

As for the wheels, unless you are in love with the JCW wheels, there are alot of great looking afermarket wheels you can get for much less than the price of the JCW wheels

Old 02-08-2005, 02:13 PM
RCristiano
5th Gear
I would recommend the HK - it's tuned extremely well for the car, and will have better acoustics than an aftermarket setup. You're buying a lot of R&D when you get the factory sound upgrade - I highly recommend it.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:24 PM
SwingMCS03
4th Gear
Since the car didn't come with the h/k system I would recomend going through your neighbor. Seems like wiring the h/k system in your car would be a lot of trouble. I also don't think as a 16 yr old you would be pleased with the sound. At loud volumes it's just not that great. I love mine but it doesn't even come close to the loudest an aftermarket system would give you.

As for the aero kit, do a search and there should be tons of useful info.

Just buying the black pieces is only around $80 or so. The top piece is supposedly a piece of cake to install but the bottom one needs some work (dremeling on the bumper) to look great. These pieces were made for the aero which is why they don't fit perfectly on the stock bumper.

Good luck.