Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Wet Okole seat covers help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 11:57 AM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wet Okole seat covers help

Ordered a set last week and need some help from fellow MINI owners on install and such. All feedback is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why don't you call them and ask for help? Tracy, the owner, is a Mini MOKE owner and a very nice guy.

BTW, these covers are awesome - I've owned several sets throughout the years.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:08 PM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Rick. I was just snooping for hints on install.

Old 02-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TWISTER
Ordered a set last week and need some help from fellow MINI owners on install and such. All feedback is greatly appreciated.
E-Z Installation. Follow the instructions that come with them.

I did the bottom seat covers first since they take the most time. It takes a while to route and adjust the four straps. The seat backs and head rests just slip on.

Here's the result:

---

Theo

Old 02-28-2005, 06:11 PM
WindMeUp
4th Gear
Looks cool Theo

Mark, you should post a picture of yours when you complete the install

Old 02-28-2005, 07:00 PM
sambusik
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Koopah

I did the bottom seat covers first since they take the most time. It takes a while to route and adjust the four straps. The seat backs and head rests just slip on.

Here's the result:

---

Theo
Extremely good looking!!!!!

Old 02-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Koopah
6th Gear
Thanks for the comments! :smile:

BTW...These are made from neoprene so they are ideal for anyone who kayaks and doesn't want to change clothes or put towels down on the seats. This is the reason I bought them.

On the other hand, they act like a wet suit. If your MINI has heated seats, you will not feel very much heat through the seat covers since they insulate your butt/back from the source of the heat. Living in New England, I take them off in November and put them back on in May.

This year, I'll get covers for the rear seat...

Theo

Old 02-28-2005, 07:50 PM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Once they're installed can you post a pick of the BACK of the front seats? Or, if someone already has a set, could you possibly take a picture? I've seen pics of the front and they look good, I'm just curious whether the back is baggy, looks odd, etc. The fronts look awesome!

Old 02-28-2005, 08:51 PM
CARdiac
5th Gear
I am sorry, but I can't contain myself... I chuckle everytime I hear or see the name of this brand.... I know, you think this is childish....but I do. I adopted an abused Keeshond (dog) several years ago. The dogs name was Akole (or Okole we did not know the spelling). We went for a year just happy with the name and then took him to obedience class. There was a nice Samoan gentleman in the class. The first time we called our dog his head spun around and he had a very startled look on his face...he asked "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT NAME MEANS IN HAWWIIAN?" which of course we did not... he explained that it meant @sshole...Nice huh.

Well, i loved that dog even tho he did fit his name on occasion... he has since passed and it is strange how a seat cover can bring back such memories (that are more than a decade old)...

Old 03-01-2005, 12:31 AM
kbseto
5th Gear
hmmm...i always thought okole was a nice way of referring to a person's butt. like "nice okole on that wahine".

in fact, there's a cool old time local song called "sweet okole".

i think that samoan guy was a bit off in his translation. otherwise, "sweet okole" kinda takes on a whole new meaning...

Old 05-09-2005, 08:47 PM
djafactor
3rd Gear
I would also like to see some pics of the back of the front seats. Also for those that have installed the rear. Does the rear seat back cover go over like the fronts? I'm trying to figure out how they are attached. If the rear seats are folded down is the cargo floor then neoprene?

More pics please!

cheers

Amit

Old 05-09-2005, 08:53 PM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by djafactor
I would also like to see some pics of the back of the front seats. Also for those that have installed the rear. Does the rear seat back cover go over like the fronts? I'm trying to figure out how they are attached. If the rear seats are folded down is the cargo floor then neoprene?
^^ Exactly what I want to know. I was shocked to find out that the OEM seat covers use a complicated series of straps and bungee cords to hold the covers on. It makes sense, I suppose.. but wasn't what I was expecting.

Old 05-09-2005, 08:55 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kbseto
hmmm...i always thought okole was a nice way of referring to a person's butt. like "nice okole on that wahine".

in fact, there's a cool old time local song called "sweet okole".

i think that samoan guy was a bit off in his translation. otherwise, "sweet okole" kinda takes on a whole new meaning...
Why didn't they just call them Wet Butt seat covers?

Old 05-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Rick-Anderson
6th Gear
I never thought about it. I thought it was kind of a silly name but I figured it was an island in Hawii since that is where they are from! I didn't know that it means butt!

Old 05-09-2005, 09:49 PM
goaljnky
Banned
Originally Posted by Koopah

Here's the result:

---

Theo
Damn, that does look nice. Now I have a dilema. Do I cover my leather that I paid $1300 for? Has anyone put them on a leather seat? How do you like it?

Old 05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
rsunico
3rd Gear
I think that crazy Samoan may have gotten it wrong, or perhaps in Samoan it does mean ***hole. I called my auntie in Hilo and I asked her (she laughed her a** of course) and she told me it means buttocks but perhaps if you say it in a certain way (intonation) in can be interpreted pejoratively. Of course I got the lecture about never going back to visit anymore then we talked about this new Spam they have in the islands.. but I digress

Old 05-09-2005, 10:08 PM
rsunico
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Rick-Anderson
I never thought about it. I thought it was kind of a silly name but I figured it was an island in Hawii since that is where they are from! I didn't know that it means butt!
An island named after the english translation of okole? I'm tempted to say something.. but I think I should let this one go...

Old 05-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Koopah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by djafactor

More pics please!

cheers

Amit
The seat back covers (both front and rear) are "skins" that completely enshroud the seat back. The front surface of the seat back has a longer "tail" that gets tucked under the bottom of the seat back toward the rear of the car and seals with full-width velcro to the bottom edge of the material on the back of the seat back. A very secure arrangement.

The one downside to the front seat back covers is that you lose the use of the little storage nets on the back of the seat backs. However, for an added charge, Wet Okole will make the seat back with a velcro-sealed storage pouch on the back.

The seat bottoms are secured with a number of quick-release type straps that are hidded underneath the seat itself. Mine were a bit of a job to snake under the inside edges of the seat systems but a flashlight, coat-hanger, and NO beer help! The straps hold the seat bottoms in place extremely well.

Oh yes...and when folded down, the rear seat back portion of the rear floor is the cloth-covered neoprene. There are cut-outs for the seat back release levers and the locking mechanisms.

Hope this helps,

Theo

Old 05-10-2005, 08:36 AM
lectric bloo
3rd Gear
Haven't done the back yet as its $295 a set .
Pretty easy to slip on. You do lose the rear seat net area as the covers slip over them. BTW, the seat backs do not get baggy.

Luis

Old 05-10-2005, 09:36 AM
whovous
5th Gear
Used as a swear word it is okole puka. http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/hawaiian.htm

Meanwhile, Wet Okle is offering a special on Mini seat covers:
http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/100SPEC

Last edited by whovous; 05-10-2005 at 07:44 PM. Reason: add second link, then try to fix same
Old 05-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Drsms22
5th Gear
Covering leather seats.

I have leather and want to use the Wet Okole's. Also want to know if anyone has done that.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:14 PM
whovous
5th Gear
Why couldn't you? Its an expensive cover-up, but these things look fantastic in the right cars. I wish I thought they'd look as good in my BRG/W MCS.

It seems to me the only issue is whether the fabric 'breathes' too poorly with the result that the leather is kept more moist than it should be. But given the fact that people wear wetsuits and live, that seems unlikely.

Old 05-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Originally Posted by whovous
Used as a swear word it is okole puka. http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/hawaiian.htm

Meanwhile, Wet Okle is offering a special on Mini seat covers:
http://http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/100SPEC
Couldn't get your second link to work (even with dropping the first http), but found a different URL that shows the sale info
http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/MINIC/minispecf

Old 05-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Drsms22
5th Gear
Wet Okole sends swatches for free.

I have a BRG MCS and will show my nice cordoba leather by not covering up the back seats, but will cover the front ones because my wife and I are both klutzes and are always eating and drinking in the car and spilling stuff, and one day I know I'm going to tear the leather with a button from my pants rear or something. So we are covering our okoles and potentially wet okoles with Wet Okoles. (sorry folks. couldn't resist).

Old 05-10-2005, 07:47 PM
whovous
5th Gear
I edited out the second http, and the link now works for me to show front and rear Mini seats, as well as a few others.

Drsms22, I'd love to see a picture when you get the covers in your BRG MCS. What color(s) did you choose?

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Wet Okole seat covers help