Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Zeemax Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005 | 07:51 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by misifoota
ok, so zeemax got back to me (quickly!)... she said the cars pictured on thier site ARE NOT lowered, and they are using 19 x 8's (225/35 x 19)... obviously the cars pictured look hot, which makes me wonder if it'd look even more wicked if i lowered mine??? and yes, of course i want 8's!!

unfortunately in this case it looks like i can't plan ahead-- i'll just have to wait til the kit's on my car to see what's gonna work, for both form AND function.

8 inches wide sounds a bit better for the fitment :smile: I would imagine it widens the car atleast that extra inch.

I cant wait to see it...good luck with the function part....i dont see a car like that performing well

Old 03-11-2005 | 09:15 AM
misifoota
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
8 inches wide sounds a bit better for the fitment :smile: I would imagine it widens the car atleast that extra inch.

I cant wait to see it...good luck with the function part....i dont see a car like that performing well
LOL, that's OK, because i can't drive anyway... at least she'll look smoookin' when i'm rollin' slow :smile:

Old 03-11-2005 | 09:26 AM
hafid
6th Gear
I can't wait to see it!!! Maybe even drive it?

Old 03-11-2005 | 09:31 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
the car will perform just fine...it may not be an auto X car but the only difference is it will feel slower to turn in...honestly NO ONE here is driving an indy car...if you are so concerned with performance...STRIP the entire intierior...Etc etc...

just have fun with your Mini....I for one think it will be a blast with 18 x 8s on there...with 225 35s it would be so much rubber!! lol that would be great!!

Old 03-11-2005 | 10:10 AM
misifoota
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by hafid
I can't wait to see it!!! Maybe even drive it?
ha. ha. hahahahaaaaaaa.

we'll see

Old 03-11-2005 | 10:11 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
I totally agree....i didnt mean to make it sound like a criticism...sorry

It will indeed look amazing, and will do all the things you could want in your car

Old 03-11-2005 | 03:58 PM
fj0
5th Gear
I've seen a white one with red interior, Cabriolet, that was awesome, BUT. The rear is uglier then ugly itself. :(

Old 03-11-2005 | 05:04 PM
AZMini
2nd Gear
That is gonna look hot! I can't wait to see it! Think it would look good in Yellow?

Old 03-11-2005 | 05:10 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
yellow might be a little too much...considering how big the kit is i doubt it would cost much more to just paint the whole car some custom color

Old 03-11-2005 | 06:14 PM
misifoota
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fj0
I've seen a white one with red interior, Cabriolet, that was awesome, BUT. The rear is uglier then ugly itself. :(
The Convertible body kit is different from the MCS body kit. Which back end is it that you don't like?

Old 03-11-2005 | 06:43 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
I tend to like the convertible back end better...its smoother and less complicated. Couldnt you fit either one to either car? Arent the bumpers exactly the same?

Old 03-12-2005 | 04:29 AM
fj0
5th Gear
I want this, now. I didn't really notice the difference but I knew I liked the convertible more, now I clearly see the difference and it's ALOT better.

Are there replica kits out for cheaper?

Old 03-12-2005 | 07:21 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
who wants a mustache ride!!!

Old 03-12-2005 | 09:55 AM
misifoota
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fj0
I want this, now. I didn't really notice the difference but I knew I liked the convertible more, now I clearly see the difference and it's ALOT better.

Are there replica kits out for cheaper?
Zeemax has told me that there are many US vendors trying to sell them. Apparently the US is to Zeemax as Chinatown is to Rolex, Gucci, etc-- Selling cheap imitations! I am still waiting word back from Zeemax as to whether or not the CSS (convertible) kit will fit on a regular MCS. I would think yes, but then again I don't know if there were any minute body changes between years (I have an '03). I only asked them this out of curiousity, because although the CSS looks hot, I think it might only look hot on a convertible. It's a touch less aggressive, and doesn't *appear* to be as wide, in my eyes anyway. It's all about the CSR for me! The CSS is also about $400 cheaper, though. BTW, does anyone know what "reinforced composite" means? It's what the kits are made of...

Old 03-12-2005 | 09:59 AM
fj0
5th Gear
Zeemax has told me that there are many US vendors trying to sell them. Apparently the US is to Zeemax as Chinatown is to Rolex, Gucci, etc-- Selling cheap imitations! I am still waiting word back from Zeemax as to whether or not the CSS (convertible) kit will fit on a regular MCS. I would think yes, but then again I don't know if there were any minute body changes between years (I have an '03). I only asked them this out of curiousity, because although the CSS looks hot, I think it might only look hot on a convertible. It's a touch less aggressive, and doesn't *appear* to be as wide, in my eyes anyway. It's all about the CSR for me! The CSS is also about $400 cheaper, though. BTW, does anyone know what "reinforced composite" means? It's what the kits are made of...
I read on their site it does fit all Mini models.

http://www.zeemax.com/7BmwMini.htm
For BMW : Mini 1 Mini Cooper Mini Cooper S and Convertible

Here is the CSS on a darker color and silver mesh, I think the silver mesh destroys it. :(

Old 03-12-2005 | 10:07 AM
misifoota
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fj0
I read on their site it does fit all Mini models.

http://www.zeemax.com/7BmwMini.htm
For BMW : Mini 1 Mini Cooper Mini Cooper S and Convertible

Here is the CSS on a darker color and silver mesh, I think the silver mesh destroys it. :(
OK, I'm retarded, should've read that. Boy, they sure are gonna hate me by the time my car's all done- I've sent them like 4 emails in 2 days. Anyway, the silver mesh is... eeeeh... *shrug* It's OK. I'll be sporting black :smile:

Old 03-12-2005 | 10:11 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Reinforced Composite most likely means either ABS plastic or the same materials that the black trim on your MCS comes with on the exterior.

Old 03-12-2005 | 10:37 AM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
OK, I'm retarded, should've read that. Boy, they sure are gonna hate me by the time my car's all done- I've sent them like 4 emails in 2 days. Anyway, the silver mesh is... eeeeh... *shrug* It's OK. I'll be sporting black :smile:
for 4k they better love you....no matter what

Old 03-12-2005 | 07:50 PM
johnD
Coordinator :: ClubMINI.ph
Misifoota,

Where sis you purchase your zeemax kit? I really like their 3 pc. wing, but I don't know where I can get them in the US.

John

Old 03-12-2005 | 08:48 PM
misifoota
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by johnD
Misifoota,

Where sis you purchase your zeemax kit? I really like their 3 pc. wing, but I don't know where I can get them in the US.

John
I'm ordering directly from them... But I think Minimania sells them... ?

Old 03-13-2005 | 04:20 PM
misifoota
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Maximusmini
Reinforced Composite most likely means either ABS plastic or the same materials that the black trim on your MCS comes with on the exterior.
found out from Zeemax that "reinforced composited" means... FIBERGLASS!!

quote from Zeemax rep: "very strong fibre glass, only the best materials are used..."

*insert sigh of disappointment*

Old 03-13-2005 | 09:52 PM
KiLO
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
yah for some reason i like it best on that car....i think its the cooper hood? The lower slope plays a bit better with the "fat" lines of the front bumper.

I didnt know they offer a different version now (on the white conv.)...i like that one better, much cleaner
Rally, I'm with you on that one dude. Dang, it looks so hot on that car with the stripes all the way around. Wow...

Old 03-13-2005 | 10:34 PM
VoiD
6th Gear
reinforced composite = FRP(Fiber Reinforced Plastic), just like all other fiberglass bodykits.
Sure it will be a lot stronger than cheaper imitation bodykits, but it will still crack if you hit something on the road.
I think the CSS kit looks great, but too expensive for me especially if I have to get it painted.

Old 03-13-2005 | 10:47 PM
tsukiji
4th Gear
Not lowered? Some of them look slammed down hard.

Old 03-14-2005 | 11:43 AM
miniaq
2nd Gear
That white cabrio looks awsome the black comes in second, but i can't get over the impression the overall look is too heavy. Any idea what who makes the camel colored seats? It looks like Sparco but seems less bulky. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Zeemax Body Kit