Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior replacing bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 07:46 PM
tazzMINI
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replacing bulbs?

I am looking to order an S by year's end. Anyway, I'd like to have my parking and fog lights match the Xenons I'd like to order for my new S.

If I wanted to replace the bulbs of the parking and fog lights with whiter lights, what should I use and can I replace them myself without disassembling the entire car?

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:52 PM
rataha
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Front bumper cover has to come off to access the front fogs. Can't help you with your other questions. 7 screws as I recall

Old 03-18-2005, 09:50 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the parking bulbs, im using Polarg Superwhites 192's.

The fogs are factory but using the Lamini-x yellow covers...so illuminates
yellow.:smile:

Old 03-18-2005, 10:11 PM
fs-mini
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rataha
Front bumper cover has to come off to access the front fogs. Can't help you with your other questions. 7 screws as I recall
Actually, you don't have to remove the bumper to replace the fog light bulbs, I did mine by unscrewing about 4-5 screws from 'interior wheel arch', meaning inside the wheel wells. So, I did unmount the wheel first for better access, then removed those wall mounting screws, open it up and you will see the back of the bulb, just turn it and it will come loose. When finished, just put all the screws and the wheel back on. Finished in about 10 min. each side.

Old 03-19-2005, 06:00 PM
jimz68
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Plenty of info on bulb swaps on this site. Just do a search. Also, check out:

http://www.hoen-usa.com/

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html

I used Sylvania Silverstars for the High Beams, and the Hoen Xenon Match for the Fogs. Also used the Silverstars for the front turn signals, no yellow shows through the clear lens.
Have Fun!!
Jim

Old 03-19-2005, 06:29 PM
rataha
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fs-mini
Actually, you don't have to remove the bumper to replace the fog light bulbs, I did mine by unscrewing about 4-5 screws from 'interior wheel arch', meaning inside the wheel wells. So, I did unmount the wheel first for better access, then removed those wall mounting screws, open it up and you will see the back of the bulb, just turn it and it will come loose. When finished, just put all the screws and the wheel back on. Finished in about 10 min. each side.
That is correct Sorry mine were broken by a rock so I had to replace intire socket and the cover had to come off. The plastic rivits on the wheel well arch SUCK!! get some replacements before you start I break them all the time (maybe it's just me). I have had both the arches and the cover off and the cover really is very easy to remove set aside and do what you need to do. Good luck.