Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior minotaur Mini Body kits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I had 34,000 to spend on a car, it wouldn't be a MINI Cooper with a carbon fiber body kit!04-16-2005 07:17 PM

BINGO!

Old 04-22-2005, 07:15 AM
gollygwagen
I did however have a thought on that "power bulge" hood. If you made it functional it could do one of two things.

1. You could use the extra space and opening to route air to the filter. Sort of a ram air setup.

2. A lot of the intercooler issues have to do with not enough air getting to the IC, and then not anywhere for it to go on the backside. What if you mounted the IC at a 45 degree angle where it was sealed top to bottom. Then you could cut the back out of the "bulge" so that air could pass out the back and over the windshield. Sort of like the pass through radiator on a Lotus Elise. Nice clean path for cold IC air. It would probably be easy to do something a lot bigger with that setup too. Like a front mounted job that covered the entire engine.

I've been kicking #2 around for a while. I nice carbon hood that incorporated that kind of setup would be pretty sweet, but I doubt many people would go for it. Is the idea idiodic or does anyone else see it?

Old 06-12-2006, 08:40 PM
tutt
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a little late to the party

I know it's a year later but I have 2 cents. Also curious as to what the original poster has done since…
I first saw the Minotaur Kit about a year ago. Not sure what I thought initially. I know the side vents don't go anywhere, nevertheless it was a bold design move. The problem I had with the kit is the poor transition behind the rear wheel wells. They didn't know when to stop or how to finish it off so the rear bumper area should get on the treadmill. Liked the idea of using the power bulge in a RAM air config but again breaking too many of the original lines.

Most Mini kits get kind of bulbous and marshmallow like. Even with the factory Aero kit…why you see so many Aero grilles modded into the stock lower bumper.

There was a comment about "rice". Actually, I think the vent and door panels were styled after the Carrera GT.

As for all the chatter about $$$ you can Build your own on the Mini site and easily spend $40K+ on bells, whistles and some carbon fiber

My advice to any Mini owner, put your money into the JCW editions and keep the kits simple like the Hamann "S" front spoiler and rear diffuser.