Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior MC hood on MCS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
gollygwagen
MC hood on MCS

OK, I know that the title probably made you say "wha?" but bear with me. I was thinking that with a water/air intercooler you would eliminate the main need for the scoop. If you did a one side exhaust and MC gills... well, sleeper city! Maybe a little better aerodynamics too, but mostly the sleeper effect would be fun.

Anyway, I had heard that the MC hood wouldn't fit even with IC gone, but wondered if anyone knew for sure. I don't know if I would REALLY do something like that, but it would be kinda fun to have a tricked out MCS that looked like a MC.

On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, does anyone have a picture of a carbon hood on a red Mini? I've never been able to find one, but probably because the combo wouldn't nearly as good as on a silver/grey/black one.

Old 04-22-2005, 08:07 AM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gollygwagen
OK, I know that the title probably made you say "wha?" but bear with me. I was thinking that with a water/air intercooler you would eliminate the main need for the scoop. If you did a one side exhaust and MC gills... well, sleeper city! Maybe a little better aerodynamics too, but mostly the sleeper effect would be fun.

Anyway, I had heard that the MC hood wouldn't fit even with IC gone, but wondered if anyone knew for sure. I don't know if I would REALLY do something like that, but it would be kinda fun to have a tricked out MCS that looked like a MC.

On the complete opposite side of the spectrum, does anyone have a picture of a carbon hood on a red Mini? I've never been able to find one, but probably because the combo wouldn't nearly as good as on a silver/grey/black one.
even with the water to air ic... ur still going to have the intercooler at that location, even a fmic such as randy's fmic will still require that bulge to carry the two horns....

as for the cf hood.. im looking into one as well, but my ds/w just wouldn't look good leaving the hood all black... im defenitely painting mine once i get it