Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Show me your pimped Mini

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 02:03 PM
BriNYU
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Schoko

@BriNYU

the 37`s on your seats are a very nice detail, small but very fine worked and absolutely eycatching and the quality of your leather seems to be superior, hmmm - the small things are the important ones, isn`t it? btw your rearmirror - is this a part of a valentine one? could use the thing here too man... too much radar traps.
Thanks Schoko :smile: To answer your question, the rearview is not part of the Valentine one. It is an independant screen - I generally use it as a 'heads up' navigation screen (as a countermeasure for the low positioning of the headunit screen), as well as to check what stations my XM or radio is on. If I'm waiting for someone, I use it to watch tv, dvd, or play ps2.

If you're worried about getting hit up by radar, the remote/built in Passport SRX I've had put was the best investment I've made outside of the 19% pulley and h-sport sway bar. Its saved me many a time with countering/shifting LASER guns as well as normal radar (I usually am alerted WAY before the police car is even in site).

TULS - your MINI is sick if you ever want to trade for a weekend, lemme know

Old 05-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Schoko
1st Gear
BriNYU,

the prob here is that stuff like valentines are prohibited by law here. if the cops dedect one in your car they take it away and you get a fat fine. thats the reason i like this hidden systems in the rear mirrors cuz its really hard to hide something in the mini :-)

Old 05-24-2005, 02:46 PM
BriNYU
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Schoko
BriNYU,

the prob here is that stuff like valentines are prohibited by law here. if the cops dedect one in your car they take it away and you get a fat fine. thats the reason i like this hidden systems in the rear mirrors cuz its really hard to hide something in the mini :-)
The Passport SRX IS a hidden system in the car. There are sensors installed behind the grill and in the back as well. The unit inside the car is a little faceplate underneath the switches on the dash. Also tells you the frequency that the signal setting it off is - very useful when differentiating between an actual and false alarm (police freq tend to use similar numbers). It has a countermeasure to avoid "radar detector detectors", so unless the cop decides to take off your front bumper, he'd never know it was there.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:32 AM
Schoko
1st Gear
your anti radar solutions are awesome and would love to protect myself that way :-))

got my last paintjob part today - the shift console. it was the hardest part from all and need to be painted x times to get rid of the fake leather structure in it and to get a plain surface:

Attached Thumbnails Show me your pimped Mini-dscn0009.jpg