Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior NEW DASH for TWISTER

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005 | 09:18 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Originally Posted by FastLaneTuning
Am I, or are you just one of those people who couldn't help but to put someone down for their decision? Are you full of crap, or am I just trying to defend a friend in his rightfully own decision?
Where do you see me putting anybody down? Just voiced that he paid waaaay too much for what he got. Did i call him an idiot or stupid???

I assume you don't know or haven't seen any post by me in the past. Both TWISTER and I do business in this industry. I [used to, until a few weeks ago] did the retail side of the aftermarket parts industry, TWISTER did the promotion. So, with that being said, how much do you REALLY think we pay to promote certain company's products on our cars? How much do you think my RAYS cost me? Considering you are selling those ROTAs for $500, I would say we're not all that far off..... deep pockets? I just graduate from college, smart guy....
What does graduating from college have anything to do with your finacial situation, you are driving a MINI which isn't exactly a CHEAP vehicle so you get $$ somewhere..... Ohh and its "I just graduateD from college"

I assume you are referring to MSFITOY, El Diablo, and others. Sure, I know them, they're good people, but don't think for one second that we aren't moddest people even though we have extensive mods done to our cars. I have been in the business of helping others build their cars up for 3 years, which has done more to hinder my own progress than help it. So if you think that us "elitest" MINI owners don't care to help others and put them down for having less money, you are sadly mistaken.

The fact that I brought to light your knock-off wheels in this thread is to evidence the fact that you are insulting someone for their decision when you could have been much nicer about it and stated a simple opinion. You aren't that far off by having a related item on your car (or off it, whatever the situation is with your ROTAs), and by insulting TWISTER for his purchase, you are being hypocritical, something I have no patience for in life or online.

Full of crap still? Eh, that's your opinion, and you are always entitled to it....
Umm i have no problem with anybody of those people, i've actually spoken to a few of them in threads or PM's multiple times... Your the one making assumptions and you know what that makes you.....

The "elitest" is the one that thinks just because its inexpensive its not good enough for their MINI.

Go back to school, looks like you need a little more time there.....

Old 05-31-2005 | 09:41 AM
FastLaneTuning
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Thameth
Where do you see me putting anybody down? .....

Go back to school, looks like you need a little more time there.....
See what I mean about being hypocritical???? You just proved my point for me.

Originally Posted by Thameth
What does graduating from college have anything to do with your finacial situation, you are driving a MINI which isn't exactly a CHEAP vehicle so you get $$ somewhere..... Ohh and its "I just graduateD from college"
Yes, I just graduateD from college. You can read correctly, I hope so, that is, because it says I drive a 2003 MCS. JUST graduated from college means TWO WEEKS AGO. Before then I had struggled just to pay bills, as every college student not relying on mommy and daddy does. I just started a very well paying job, after leaving ownership position of a very successful business that I never saw any of the money. Now I have money to spend, but not until recently.

So, if you can put two and two together, I bought my car LONG before graduating from college, which means it is MY money. I'm one of those idiots who will buy and mod a car, spending all their money, and not have enough left over to go out and eat. Strangely enough, I have kept a girl by my side who understands that position, but then again, that's MY personal justification for MY money, we're not talking about me anymore....

How does that make me an "elitest"? Trust me, out of anyone on this thread, I'm one of the cheapest drivers there ever was. I don't spend money on stuff I don't need, nor do I put others down for buying the "cheap stuff," as you are doing for someone who bought something that was, in your opinion "cheap quality."

So AGAIN, where can you justify NOT being hypocritical? Insulting someone (and now myself) that they bought something that was "cheap quality" in your opinion, then insulting me for being an "elitest" MINI owner! This is hilarious!!! Where are you located, I'd love to say I know someone that could contradict themselves in the SAME post!

Old 05-31-2005 | 09:44 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Old 05-31-2005 | 09:58 AM
FastLaneTuning
4th Gear
I had assumed that would be your only reply....

Now back to the original topic, without further ado! One thing TWISTER had said to me about this process of layering the carbon pattern on the stock pieces is that the way they apply it, it looks a whole lot more like REAL carbon than if you were to apply the decals.

The reason to pay this type of money for NOT REAL carbon is because of the intricate work that takes place to layer this properly. This isn't one of those "do it yourself" annodizing in the bathtub processes you might have heard of. Yeah, I have seen a kit online a long time ago that showed how you could annodize metals in your bathtub by sticking two electrified prongs in the tub with the "special mix." Something about that idea bothers me, I'm not sure what it is....

To properly install the graphic stuff requires a LOT of the graphic for this application, a heat gun to make these type of bends, and a LOT of patience for how much material will be wasted in the process!

To me, this looks pretty damn good, and is a reasonable price. If I didn't like my silver dash as much as I do, I would probably opt for doing this instead of the $1,000 JCW dash. Then again, I wouldn't pay a dollar for anything JCW has produced yet for this car, but that's just me. (Hint: JCW kit installed = $6,000. 19% pulley = $125. Being able to outrun a JCW for a FRACTION of the price = priceless)

Old 05-31-2005 | 10:01 AM
Thameth
5th Gear
Originally Posted by FastLaneTuning
I had assumed that would be your only reply....
So you already know how much of a waste of time you are... Good to know

Old 05-31-2005 | 11:34 AM
The Short Bus
6th Gear
i caught and lost the mod bug with my last car. This time around, i have a stripped (well, kind of stripped) down MC. I'm paying a small fortune for it, but i LOVE this car. And spending 3 hours a day commuting? i'm going to pay for a car i truly enjoy

With that said, a dash is a BIG piece to look at all the time. (if it's a daily driver especially) he likes it! heck, he liked it enough to share it with everyone. everyone's entitled to their opinion, but you don't need to flame anyone for it. dude likes light weight wheels! (i don't blame him, i had 14 lb 14's on my miata :P) I powdercoated those wheels solid black in my garage with my dad. I thought they looked awesome. No one else agreed. "It should have a polished lip" "you shouldn't have messed with the stock wheels" "that's too black"

I caught ALOT of crap for my anime fabric dash (that i might add, i spent a whole weekend on, and was obsessed with the outcome. How many people do you know that layed FABRIC on their dash with anime chicks in bathing suits on it?) if interested in seeing: http://www.cardomain.com/id/im4foot11 but i REALLY liked it. And as it seems from this thread, not everyone will agree with your opinion (very few agreed on the miata forum. That thread went on for a LONG time of flaming). But then i throw in the fact that I'LL be the one staring at it 3 hours everyday. If i want to look at anime chicks in bathing suits? I'll do it. If he wants to look at his less-busy CF dash? Yay!

Old 05-31-2005 | 02:21 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
The Short Bus,

3 hour commute? I'd be doing comfort mods to make that time pass by better.

I saw your Miata dash and think it's cool. (not for the average person but unique and original)

One of the keys for that sort of mod is to not overdo the pattern.

SO what gonna happen with your MINI's dash?????

Old 05-31-2005 | 03:46 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by minihune
The Short Bus,

3 hour commute? I'd be doing comfort mods to make that time pass by better.

I saw your Miata dash and think it's cool. (not for the average person but unique and original)

One of the keys for that sort of mod is to not overdo the pattern.

SO what gonna happen with your MINI's dash?????
hmm......looks like anime **** to me......hey man, whatever floats your boat!