Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Little fogs

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
H&J
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little fogs

Are there amber replacement bulbs available for the fogs?

Old 06-29-2005, 09:23 PM
MCuS
1st Gear
How about yellowish amber?

I did this by buying a yellow caspule that went into the housing and the bulbs are still stock so if they blow i can replace and still have the yellow.. If you are interested PM me n i'll get u the link if i can find it again.. Here's a pic:

Attached Thumbnails Little fogs-ds-with-yellow-fog.jpg  
Old 06-30-2005, 10:13 AM
H&J
3rd Gear
Cool. How much $$$ ? Thanks.

Old 06-30-2005, 11:01 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im using a Laminex fog lamp lens protector in a yellow color.

Pretty cool color when illuminated. :smile:

Old 07-15-2005, 09:16 PM
MCuS
1st Gear
Ok, i don't have a camera right now cuz my sis took it on vacation so i'll have to just tell you..

1. Turn the steering wheel all the way in one direction and then take off the bumper.
here's a link:
http://www.gomotoring.com/pdf/MINI_a...ll_install.pdf

2. Undo the fastener in the front most of the wheel wells.

3. You can actually see the bolts that hold in the fogs when the bumber is off using a 10mm or 8mm (i forget). Make sure you unplug the fog light first.

4. Now that you got the fog light out, There is two pieces to the fogs the front piece is the whole black housing and the second is the actual reflector.

5. Unscrew the one single bolt on the back of the fogs and moev the little black plastic lever to the side that is attached to the adjustment for the fogs.

6. You can see from the back of the fogs that it is held in by a two tabs on each side directly across from each other just pry it loose and pull the back piece off.

7. Now for the capsules you need to use a rag towel and hold the metal clips and twist the glass part of the capsules through the metal clips.

8. slip the capsules into the whole where the fog light is placed into. Use a high temp silicone or ruber cement to seal in the capsule while the bulbs are in the reflectors so you can make sure it is leveled and not touching the bulb. BUT ONLY SEAL 60% - 70% OF THE CAPSULES. YOU NEED TO LEAVE SPACE FOR THE HEAT TO ESCAPE THE BULBS.

NOTE: To make it easy to get the sealant in the small gap between the capsule and reflector USE THE THINEST SHEET OF REGULAR LETTER SIZED PAPER YOU CAN FIND AND CUT IT DIAGONALLY. Use that to make a cone and squeeze enough the sealant to do both fogs in the cone and fold the open end shut and cut the tip to use as a small nozzle.

9. Let it dry for the recommend time on the sealant tube or bottle. Then check the sealant to MAKE SURE it has cured. If so put it all back together. If it hasn't cured and you put it back it will bubble and ruin you reflectors.

And now your done turn on your fogs and check them out.

I'll get some pics to go with this and i'll number the pics according to the numbers i have above so you know what i'm talking about.

hope it helps you guys. Laters.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:21 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if you want to replace the bulbs, i remember someone saying they were H11's

Old 07-18-2005, 11:19 AM
LordOfTheFlies
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rednwhitecooper
if you want to replace the bulbs, i remember someone saying they were H11's
They are H11's.

I went with white fogs to match the HID's. I'm loving it......

Old 07-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Kellzir
4th Gear
[QUOTE=LordOfTheFlies]They are H11's.

I went with white fogs to match the HID's. I'm loving it......

what brand fogs are u running? and parking lights

Old 07-19-2005, 04:30 AM
LordOfTheFlies
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Here's the first post on a thread I had on nemini.org:

http://www.nemini.org/Forums/viewtop...613.html#18613

Originally Posted by LordOfTheFlies

So I finally decided that I would change all the lightbulbs in my '04 S except for the side marker (on the plastic trim since there is no clear replacement lens available as of yet and tailight bulbs.
Yes, I could have spent the $250 on getting a lowering kit, but at this point, I feel the handling is sufficient unless I decide to track the car on a regular basis (have yet to go btw).
Please note that it is illegal in some states to have white indicator bulbs so please be aware that this is supposedly only for off-road use and that I am held totally not responsible for any potential tickets anyone can get

Here it goes:

I have ordered from http://www.xtremewhite.com for my previous car and was very impressed with their selection.

****PLEASE NOTE****

if you do order from this site, be sure to CALL them up to order since the online ordering system charges shipping by total amount ordered...So my $275 order came out to $33 shipping! I called them right up and they changed it to $13 which I suppose is some more reasonable.
****END OF NOTE****

I have chosen to go with Raybrig's light as I found them to match xenon HID's very nicely.
First off I ordered a whole bunch of LED 194 size bulbs. You need one pair for the parking lights, one pair for the side markers (side of car), one pair for the dome light, one pair for the footwells.
These are 12v/.2W Raybrig RC23 bulbs - $23.95 per pair:

Notice that they only draw .2W as opposed to cheap 194 bulbs you get at autozone that are painted and draw 5W+.
Next up I needed to change the indicator bulb. I actually ordered the R137 which is an 1157 bulb.....The 1157 bulb has two bumps in it at different heights. What I found was that the housing is very weird and requires the two bumps to be aligned ina V shape so I just dremmeled the higher of the two bumps off.
I just got off the phone with them and they told me that they don't even carry bulbs with V shaped bumps and what they tell all their customers to do is exactly what I did.
They also said that if you put an 1156 bulb (with one bump), it won't light up since it needs to contact points at the bottom. Not sure about this one - someone correct me if I'm wrong....But using the 1157 bulb worked fine for me.
*Edit* I looked at the old bulb and noticed that it only has one hump...Which means an 1156 will work.
Here's a pic of the R137 1157 bulbs - $12.95 per bulb:

Next I ordered the wrong bulb for the rest of the interior (glovebox, center dome light, and trunk light) because of a misprint on their site...but what you should get is the Polarg M28 Dome Light bulb:
Polarg M28 center dome/glovebox/trunk bulb - $12.95 per pair:
NOTE: I discovered that the R133 is the incorrect bulb as it is too short and I was too stupid to measure it out properly. The correct length is 1.5" long, not 1.25".

Lastly I did the fog lights. I wanted the indicator, xenon low beam, parking lights, and fogs to match so I took a chance and orderd the Kyo standard wattage (55W) since I didn't even want to THINK about messing with burning up the wires.
KYO SuperBeam EX Xenon White H11 Halogen Bulb (H11 Standard Wattage) - $24.95 per pair

I am returning the incorrect dome bulbs and will wait for the new R133's to come in anxiously.
Next up is installation and I will be taking pics tonight of what everything looks like.