Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior How long for wet okole delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 09:39 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long for wet okole delivery?

I finally ordered the wet okole seat covers I've wanted for a couple years. I couldn't find anywhere that says how long to expect for delivery, so anybody who's bought them, how long did it take for you to get them? I ordered them on Saturday, July 16, via UPS or DHL ground shipment. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:23 PM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
10 days no more

Old 07-18-2005, 12:36 PM
blue_rocket2
3rd Gear
I ordered a set of wet okole seatcovers about a week ago. A day later, I got an email back from them confirming the order and they stated that because of a backlog it could take up to 4 weeks to receive the seats covers. I am looking forward to getting my royal blue/black seat covers in the near future.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:44 PM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wet Okole's

Mine took about 3-4 weeks as well.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:11 PM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Thanks guys, I just received the email saying it could be up to 4 weeks during their peak times, not sure when that is, but I'll assume it will be about 4 weeks so I will be happy if it's sooner.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Spring/Summer, everyone buying cars and getting new stuff for them, as well as hitting the beaches again. Mine took about 4 weeks.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:01 AM
loxycoon
3rd Gear
I ordered my Wet Okole covers on June 30, and received them yesterday, a little less than 3 weeks I guess. Mine are standard, and did not have any specialized logo. DHL even delivered them early! They shipped ground transportation from California last Friday and made it to me here in Virginia yesterday (Tuesday).

Those of you with these covers really need to submit your pictures to Wet Okole - the pictures on the website are awful. If I didn't know someone that had these covers (my brother has them in his Honda Insight) I would never have ordered them.

...now if only my MINI had arrived! (should be by the end of this week!)

Old 07-20-2005, 06:29 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
sent them photos

I tried signing up for the gallery to upload pics, but for some reason on their site the upload button just for the MINI gallery is greyed out. So I actually emailed em a couple yesterday...

Originally Posted by loxycoon
I ordered my Wet Okole covers on June 30, and received them yesterday, a little less than 3 weeks I guess. Mine are standard, and did not have any specialized logo. DHL even delivered them early! They shipped ground transportation from California last Friday and made it to me here in Virginia yesterday (Tuesday).

Those of you with these covers really need to submit your pictures to Wet Okole - the pictures on the website are awful. If I didn't know someone that had these covers (my brother has them in his Honda Insight) I would never have ordered them.

...now if only my MINI had arrived! (should be by the end of this week!)

Old 07-20-2005, 06:55 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
I agree, the MINI photos on the wet okole site are awful, I've seen much better ones here, including yours, Mmatarella. Mmatarella, did you have to specify that you wanted black headrest covers, or did they just come that way? I was reading in another thread that someone got red headrest covers and didn't like them, so had to send for black ones at his expense.

Old 07-20-2005, 07:01 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Custom headrests...

Thanks.

Was a funny story. I ordered what you see. But what showed up was solid black. I called. They re-did, and sent solid red! I called again, said I REALLY wanted them and all along they knew I was desperate to get them before I left for MINIs on the Dragon. They did them again correctly and overnighted to me in time. Third time's the charm.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:46 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
I emailed to see if they could send black with red piping instead of red headrest covers, the day after I placed my order. I got a reply back the next day saying that the red headrests are part of the pattern (which sounds like BS to me, if these are supposedly all custom made), and that if I wanted to order separate black ones, it would cost me 20 bucks more. I'll stick with the red for now and see if I hate them. I really like the way yours look, but for the amount of money I'm paying them for this, I would think they would be able to make a different color headrest, so it's more the principle of the matter than the money.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:24 AM
loxycoon
3rd Gear
Thanks for letting me know about the headcovers. I was thinking of calling them and asking them to send me headcovers in black, as well. Hmmm... maybe a group buy? However, I already received my seat covers (even if I STILL haven't received my MINI! grrr) so I figured I would have to pay for a set in black. I'm not sure why they would ask you to pay extra when your order hasn't even been produced yet!

My seat covers are the standard ones (no piping) with black on the outside and charcoal gray on the inside. For some reason, the headcovers are gray, when I think black would look much nicer especially after viewing mmatrella's MINI pictures. Will have pictures to post soon as I get my MINI. (Did I mention I'm still waiting past my original estimated delivery date? grrr... I'm not bitter at all!). I ordered those colors because my MINI is a Pure Silver/Black with the Anthracite interior and headliner. I made a mistake when I ordered my MINI and it was produced with panther black leatherette instead of being two-toned. And I also got talked into the leatherette because it was a no-cost option when I know I prefer cloth seats! Oh well. Who knows what I was thinking? That's why I have seat covers now!

..which are currently airing out in my guest bedroom. Wow, do they smell funky or what?!

Old 07-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MCJoe
I emailed to see if they could send black with red piping instead of red headrest covers, the day after I placed my order. I got a reply back the next day saying that the red headrests are part of the pattern (which sounds like BS to me, if these are supposedly all custom made),
FYI, custom made, doesn't necessarily mean custom for you. In this context, custom means for the Mini Cooper models, as opposed to generic seats made for Minis. Generic meaning measurements not taken, just the seats thrown together.

And there is indeed a pattern. I'd be willing to bet there is a very well defined system in place, as well as an assembly line, to pump these things out, custom for every type of vehicle they support. An old lady gets a specific set of material, as well as a template for how the Mini seats need to be assembled. For a 'special' order, expect to pay a bit extra, becausing you're paying for people to pay attention and deviate from the way they normally do things (in this case, removing the material with the normal headrest of package/pattern 1, and acquiring the material to do the piping on the headrest, usually in package/pattern 2). This can be good, because you paid for it, it HAS to be right. They can no longer say 'well, you didn't ask for that'.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:42 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Well, I agree, to a certain extent. They probably are made on an assembly line. But if you go to http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/MINIC/minispecf, you will see a statement that says 'Your seat covers will be made to order.' It was this understanding that made me not mind paying $225 for front seat covers.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Hammer
4th Gear
..which are currently airing out in my guest bedroom. Wow, do they smell funky or what?!
That's a GREAT idea - take advantage of it. My car smelled funky for a few weeks - had to leave the windows down whenever possible just to keep from passing out! My son was very disappointed that the seat covers overpowered the 'new car' smell.

By the way - mine took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:05 PM
loxycoon
3rd Gear
Finally took delivery of my MINI yesterday! I installed (yes, I think installed is the correct word) my Wet Okole seat covers. What a job that was. Or maybe just because it was 100 degrees outside. I'm glad I won't have to do it again for a while!

On the whole, I'm fairly pleased with them, though I can't seem to get the headrest covers on properly. I didn't even notice until I took these pictures that I need to tuck the bottoms of the seat covers in to the plastic moulding at the bottom of the seat. I'll take better pictures once the weather isn't so overcast.

These are the standard Wet Okole covers (I have the sport seats) in black with charcoal grey interior. While the pictures of mmatarella's MINI and others that match the exterior color of the MINI are very striking, I was looking for a subtle look to blend in with the interior of my MINI.

Attached Thumbnails How long for wet okole delivery?-hpim0838-1.jpg   How long for wet okole delivery?-hpim0839-1.jpg  
Old 07-24-2005, 04:10 PM
mmatarella
6th Gear
They are made to order for you. If you look at the optons, the number of colors, the piping options, and custom options, they'd have a impossible inventory just for one car model alone.

That said, they do also have generic fit covers I think...

Originally Posted by Wagnbat
FYI, custom made, doesn't necessarily mean custom for you. In this context, custom means for the Mini Cooper models, as opposed to generic seats made for Minis. Generic meaning measurements not taken, just the seats thrown together.
er say 'well, you didn't ask for that'.

Old 07-25-2005, 11:53 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
They do sell generic seat covers, I believe those red hybiscus patterned ones that a lot of people have are theres. So, if they are made to order, what would be the big deal to give me a different color headrest without charging me 20 bucks?

Old 07-25-2005, 12:58 PM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Honestly?

IMHO, if you had asked first, they probably would have done it. But now that you've obligated yourself and your finances, they 'can' charge you to alter your order.

While it may suck, it is business, and I wouldn't fault them for it.

And loxy... Welcome to the Black & Charcoal WO club. :D

http://www.mappage.net/cmine/albums/.../SP1010002.JPG
http://www.mappage.net/cmine/albums/.../SP1010005.JPG

Old 07-25-2005, 01:39 PM
MCJoe
4th Gear
I agree, it probably was my stupidity of not specifying when I ordered. I went ahead and told them to add the black ones in for 20 bucks, I figured I can put them both on and see which ones I like better. Or I can change them periodically for a different look.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:38 AM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Well, they took 2 1/2 weeks, and they're great. I paid the extra 20 bucks thinking that I would be getting 2 sets of headrest covers, the standard red, and the black with the red piping. I only received the black with red piping, which I'm 90% sure is what I would have ended up using anyway.