Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior BBM Hood Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 04:38 PM
kidicarus13
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BBM Hood Scoop

[/img]Does anyone have any information on the BBM hood scoop? I found this somewhere on this site and emailed the member who posted it but no response. I like it! I want it!

Old 07-26-2005, 10:26 PM
gjpundsack
2nd Gear
Looks like one that M7 sells to me...

Old 07-26-2005, 10:36 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that looks better than the M7 scoop.

its not a obnoxious as the M7 scoop.....

Old 07-26-2005, 10:40 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
I agree. It looks much better than the M7 scoop IMO. However does it provide as much extra air flow as the M7. It certainly beats the the M7 in form, how about in function?

Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Wenzor
4th Gear
http://www.baybridgemotors.com/

Give them a call. I was in their shop when they were mocking it up. Looked awesome. Alot more low profile then the M7 scoop.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:56 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rednwhitecooper
that looks better than the M7 scoop.

its not a obnoxious as the M7 scoop.....
Nor as effective Just kidding It does look good and is not as " in your face " as ours is . Of course that also means it is not as " in the wind " either . As with most of our products looks are secondary to function.

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 07-27-2005, 04:01 AM
TwOMINIs
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you mean the BBR Ram Induction Bonnet Air Inlet Venturi kit? as seen on this web site? http://www.bbrgti.com/mini.php http://www.bbrgti.com/images/miniram.jpg

If so, I like the looks of it much better imo and it's less expensive

EDIT---my mistake bbm is not the same as the bbr

Last edited by TwOMINIs; 07-27-2005 at 04:06 AM. Reason: made a mistake in post...research before posting...doh
Old 07-27-2005, 05:30 AM
onasled
Banned
Originally Posted by maxmini
Nor as effective Just kidding .......
Randy
M7 Tuning
..... but it's true I'd certainly bet. I like the M7 and think that it's certainly more effective as far as performance goes. Mine has done me well.

Another case of ... Bling , or performance

Old 07-27-2005, 06:47 AM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
Isn't this the point in the thread where someone demands comparative air flow numbers? :smile:

Old 07-27-2005, 07:06 AM
4GAZM
5th Gear
i kinda think the M7 looks like a WRX scoop, a sunami wave!! but hey form follows function right !!

Old 07-27-2005, 11:06 AM
maxmini
6th Gear
I wil be the first to admit ther is a lot of " subbieness " to our shape but the " form follows function " theory applies. I would be willing at any time to meet anyone with any other scoop and test them head to head. I have a IR heat gun standing by

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by kidicarus13
[/img]Does anyone have any information on the BBM hood scoop? I found this somewhere on this site and emailed the member who posted it but no response. I like it! I want it!
Poor guy just asked about the one hood scoop and the thread is turning into something else entirely

Anyway, I think it looks good too - and based on the link Wenzor provided it looks like it is being used for performance and hopefully tested for effectiveness.

If you find out more about it please post, thanks

Old 07-27-2005, 11:57 AM
kidicarus13
2nd Gear
The phone call

The word from http://www.baybridgemotors.com/ ... "it is in the works". "Too many projects going on currently."

Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Vinyl Styles
Banned
Hey kidicarus13, I never received a PM from you!! The picture of the scoop posted is on my car, I heard something about 30-35% increase in airflow. This is just the prototype scoop which has some minor defects and as stated - is still in the works.

Lagston

Old 07-28-2005, 09:57 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
My friend and I are developing a scoop that will actually open up the intake area. And rest assured, there will be no complaints about it's aesthetics

As soon as we get into primer stage, I'll post some images. We're doing this for ourselves as all of the current designs are still ramming air into the same small area. We wanted to inprove the volume of air being forced in with minimal drag increases (if any) AND create something aesthetically pleasing while complimenting the Mini's design. The later issue is not important to some but we want to create a design that will look "factory" issued. Also, these will be designed as direct replacements and not require modifications. Once the prototypes are completed, we'll do road testing to measure the air intake temp improvements...we hope

If the testing goes well, we'll entertain if there's a market for these. No promises for production but we'll cross that road when we get there :smile:

Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 AM
kyriian
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
My friend and I are developing a scoop that will actually open up the intake area. And rest assured, there will be no complaints about it's aesthetics

As soon as we get into primer stage, I'll post some images. We're doing this for ourselves as all of the current designs are still ramming air into the same small area. We wanted to inprove the volume of air being forced in with minimal drag increases (if any) AND create something aesthetically pleasing while complimenting the Mini's design. The later issue is not important to some but we want to create a design that will look "factory" issued. Also, these will be designed as direct replacements and not require modifications. Once the prototypes are completed, we'll do road testing to measure the air intake temp improvements...we hope

If the testing goes well, we'll entertain if there's a market for these. No promises for production but we'll cross that road when we get there :smile:
you already got one customer.... me! i like the bbm scoop too, but i'd prefer to not get it in cf, rather just get it in factory color...

Old 07-28-2005, 11:56 AM
TwOMINIs
6th Gear

If Sid is involved w/ aethetics... it will look great...
keep us posted!

Old 07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
We're not going to attempt CF as it really won't accomplish anything except add cost/complexity for minimal weight advantage...ok, maybe bling. Don't get me wrong...I like CF. But IMO, a dark CF scoop on a light colored Mini looks like a dog's wet nose :smile:

Old 07-28-2005, 02:02 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
Nor as effective Just kidding It does look good and is not as " in your face " as ours is . Of course that also means it is not as " in the wind " either . As with most of our products looks are secondary to function.

Randy
M7 Tuning
Point well taken Randy :smile:

(original post want supposed to be poking at M7, just pointing out the look of it)

Old 07-28-2005, 02:29 PM
maxmini
6th Gear

(original post want supposed to be poking at M7, just pointing out the look of it)

Not a problem. Everyones tastes varies and even I wasn't taken with the photos of ours before I saw it in person. The BBM looks great and if we had not come out with our own I would be in the line to get one of those myself.

Randy
M7 Tuning

Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
I hope no one's thinking that I'm implying that any of the current designs are ugly or of poor design. We just want to try one that has a larger intake volume for our selves and see if that would improve airflow...it HAS to be functional or we'll stop developement. While we're at it, might as well design it to satisfy our personal taste...you know us designers...never satisfied:smile: BTW...we don't have any intentions of entering the mass market. We figured that we have the skills/resources to attempt this and so, why not try this for ourselves

Old 07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
I hope no one's thinking that I'm implying that any of the current designs are ugly or of poor design. We just want to try one that has a larger intake volume for our selves and see if that would improve airflow...it HAS to be functional or we'll stop developement. While we're at it, might as well design it to satisfy our personal taste...you know us designers...never satisfied:smile: BTW...we don't have any intentions of entering the mass market. We figured that we have the skills/resources to attempt this and so, why not try this for ourselves
I think we had a conversation about this at the Dragon.......

Old 07-28-2005, 03:15 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by SpiderX
I think we had a conversation about this at the Dragon.......
It's funny how much we can talk about in such short time

Old 07-28-2005, 03:25 PM
SpiderX
6th Gear
It's funny how much we can talk about in such short time
Well said mi amigo

Old 07-29-2005, 04:30 AM
62Lincoln
5th Gear
MSFITOY, count me among the interested if you get a design acceptable to your tastes. I've got a GTT intercooler coming that would truly benefit from more air flow, but I'm not in love with the look of the available units out there.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior BBM Hood Scoop