Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Alta lightbar install, DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alta lightbar install, DIY?

I got the Alta lightbar the other day with my intake, and upon reading the instructions, I'm starting to wonder if it might be a little bit out of my league. Webb has lots of 'how to's' on his web page, for products he sells, but none for this, and I can't seem to find any proper step-by-step instructions.

The install sheet that comes with it is pretty basic, and I'd like more pictures, guidance, and/or advice when it comes to removing entire portions of the car and drilling holes.

If anyone knows of any better guides, advice, or anything else, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Bueller?

Old 08-02-2005, 07:52 AM
MandaBoo
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you planning on installing it on the top grill or on the bottom grill like mine? When installing it in the bottom grill, the most nerve wracking part is getting it centered and the holes drilled in the bumper beam in the right spot. I have to confess that my husband installed mine as it was my birfday present, but it only took him a couple of hours to get teh holes drilled, get the bar on and get the lights wired. I know that's he's quite busy at work at the moment, but I'll try to remember to ask him to post his experience with it here

Old 08-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
Definitely lower like yours. I'm not fond of the driving lights in front of the upper grill... But I think the lower 4 lights are on par with the 'built for function' batmobile in the new movie. And they always have keen gadgets and a unique look, so thats what I'm going for.

I'm more technical than mechanical, and so I don't want to botch it. I'm very spooked about the idea of drilling into my Mini with a personal 18V Black & Decker drill.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:32 AM
AC_MINI
5th Gear
Hey Wagnbat
Once you install your new Alta light bar you MCS will looks so cool but now you need to update your logo to this............

Old 08-02-2005, 10:48 AM
mini_one
Coordinator :: U.S. MINI Club (Long Island)
Doing my ALTA 4 Light Bar

Originally Posted by Wagnbat
I got the Alta lightbar the other day with my intake, and upon reading the instructions, I'm starting to wonder if it might be a little bit out of my league. Webb has lots of 'how to's' on his web page, for products he sells, but none for this, and I can't seem to find any proper step-by-step instructions.

The install sheet that comes with it is pretty basic, and I'd like more pictures, guidance, and/or advice when it comes to removing entire portions of the car and drilling holes.

If anyone knows of any better guides, advice, or anything else, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Hi,

I am Just about ready to install my 4 lights bar from ALTA on my Yellow 05 MCS+17% Pulley and CAI. I will post the installation procedures pictures on the www.USMiniClub.com site where I reside most of the time. I came up with an idea to use a small LED Flash light placed in the bumper hole to project a spot on the grill from inside if I can. This will provide me with a most accurate hole drilling location index. I also have a laser level which I may use instead to project the laser beam on to the inside of the front grill and do the drilling only once. As I always say, measure twice and drill only once. I maybe do it this weekend or next latest because I am planning on the Rally to Mid-OHIO to see Nuzzo MINI race team. We have a registration for this Rally at the club forum if anyone is interested.

MOTOR ON!

Paul – mini_one

Host of USMiniClub.com