Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Ram intake project

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:32 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yipes again!!

-- dude!.......Ur' pushin' it man , U dirty somebody! but i like the 4th one, top row left to right same 'kimmy' gurrrrrl under "contributors".
Originally Posted by Bahamabart
I thought the website might just make your day - pls keep your fingers away from power tools while shopping for candy.

here is one for ya - www.wickedweasel.com go to "contributors" and then check out "KIMMY" (first row) - nice piercing!!

Old 08-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Battle Cattle
6th Gear
more info needed....*drools*

-Josh

Old 09-01-2005, 04:18 AM
SuprCooperS
2nd Gear
I know it is late, but I really like the scoop

Old 09-01-2005, 05:33 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
It's coming along...can't wait to get it back on:smile:

Old 09-01-2005, 06:53 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you get an MSD coil for you MINI?

By the way love the scoop !

Old 09-01-2005, 06:55 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
I got it from Randy Webb. I can't tell the difference at my butt but it sure is cool looking

Old 09-01-2005, 07:45 PM
red rage
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
I got it from Randy Webb. I can't tell the difference at my butt but it sure is cool looking
Screamin demon made No big diff either ...

Yours Looks COOL

Old 09-07-2005, 09:46 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Updated pictures

Getting closer to reality :smile:

Old 09-07-2005, 09:52 AM
DrPhilGandini
My little dose of LITHIUM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OMG--the scoop looks better every time I see it, Sid! Oh, please say you'll make it available to us proles--any color, we can paint them to match... :smile:

keep up the good work!

Old 09-07-2005, 11:03 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
It looks even better in person and this is still in primer stage. There's more finess surfacing work to be done and placement of captured nuts located. We'll keep you updated as we go:smile:

Old 09-07-2005, 12:00 PM
fj0
5th Gear
Make it cheap and you got yourself a nice wellselling product.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
It most likely won't be "cheap" if we hand make this ourselves. To reiterate, this is just a personal project JS and I took on for ourselves without the intent of mass marketing. We know there are a few of you who "MUST" have this so these special requests will be taken as our free time allow. We don't forsee making more than a few dozen at most. When the final intake is finished/painted/mounted/tested again, we will then post better images and take it from there. Until then, no promises :smile:
Originally Posted by fj0
Make it cheap and you got yourself a nice wellselling product.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
It most likely won't be "cheap" if we hand make this ourselves. To reiterate, this is just a personal project JS and I took on for ourselves without the intent of mass marketing. We know there are a few of you who "MUST" have this so these special requests will be taken as our free time allow. We don't forsee making more than a few dozen at most. When the final intake is finished/painted/mounted/tested again, we will then post better images and take it from there. Until then, no promises
Well msfit, if you were to take the final product off your car, and make a mold of it, it wouldn't be so hard to reproduce this sexy looking work of art. You'd make considerable profits and with less time consumption than if you went about making each and every one from scratch again. Not to mention it'd be a PERFECT match to yours, which is perfect. Just a thought lol. . Good looking scoop, by far the nicest one i've ever seen. I'm gonna have to copy your design and start a new project.

Old 09-07-2005, 03:14 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Yes...we would have to make a silicone mold for the pieces that we'll be using. But it will still take time to make each one regardless and the mold will have limited life span...probably a few dozen like I expect. If we were ambitious, we could look at injection molding but that is VERY expensive and we'd have to sell hundreds or thousands to realize any profit for the effort to be worth while.

I don't know what you mean about copying. If you mean duplicating our design from the images, good luck. But I'd be seriously concerned about people getting one from us and making pirated molds...NOT cool

Old 09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Wake|MCS
6th Gear
Yes...we would have to make a silicone mold for the pieces that we'll be using. But it will still take time to make each one regardless and the mold will have limited life span...probably a few dozen like I expect. If we were ambitious, we could look at injection molding but that is VERY expensive and we'd have to sell hundreds or thousands to realize any profit for the effort to be worth while.

I don't know what you mean about copying. If you mean duplicating our design from the images, good luck. But I'd be seriously concerned about people getting one from us and making pirated molds...NOT cool
Yeah i see what you mean. Plus the feeling of knowing you have the ONLY MINI with that scoop is a reason in its own not to want to sell . No I meant making a design of my own based on your pictures. Yeah making and selling pirated copies of your design would definitely NOT be cool .

Old 09-07-2005, 07:17 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
lookin' sweet.......how much time would U say is in it so far!?!?

Getting closer to reality :smile:

Old 09-08-2005, 06:15 AM
JS
3rd Gear
Joker,

Just guessing, but I think I have about 50 hours so far and then there's materials cost, plus Sid's time, of quite a few hours, and I'm not done. By the time I'm finished with the first part,we'll probably have well over 100 hours and a few hundred bucks into this. Good thing we do this type of work in our day jobs. LOL
As to when I'll have that first part on the car - maybe 3 to 4 weeks, if all go well. Damn why did I start this??????
JS

Old 09-08-2005, 07:01 AM
fdavid
4th Gear
Hello:
Great work!
At which tolerances are you working with? I know that the automotive industry requires parts to fit together at a level of 1000 of an inch. (not that you have to worry about that since it is a personal project)
This is such a beautiful scoop that I would try to get some feedback from places such as the ArtCenter in Pasadena.
They might be able to help in figuring out how to mass produce (Silicone RTV for example). The guys that work at the student shop will definately know how to make your production process better, faster, and perhaps cheaper.

**Really love your work**

Old 09-08-2005, 07:22 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Thank you:smile: Say hello to the Art Center guys from two CCS guys
Originally Posted by fdavid
Hello:
Great work!
At which tolerances are you working with? I know that the automotive industry requires parts to fit together at a level of 1000 of an inch. (not that you have to worry about that since it is a personal project)
This is such a beautiful scoop that I would try to get some feedback from places such as the ArtCenter in Pasadena.
They might be able to help in figuring out how to mass produce (Silicone RTV for example). The guys that work at the student shop will definately know how to make your production process better, faster, and perhaps cheaper.

**Really love your work**

Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 AM
fdavid
4th Gear
Not there anymore.
I returned to the east coast (NYC).
Anyways, great work.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Android993
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
MISTOY: where did you find the nice strut tower brace? Cleanest looking one that I have seen yet.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Where did you see that? That "was" made by Sparco. Kinda hard to find I hear:smile:
Originally Posted by Android993
MISTOY: where did you find the nice strut tower brace? Cleanest looking one that I have seen yet.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Android993
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I believe I saw it in your gallery. Send it to Mexico and they can make a bunch of those scoops cheap! Pretty good quality too. Can't say much for the environmental controls, but they work darn hard, and pretty much can knock-off anything.

Attached Thumbnails Ram intake project-7338smallwi2.jpg  
Old 09-08-2005, 07:56 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MSFIToy

I know this is OT a bit but your Fogs (assuming their fogs). what are they mounted to?

Old 09-08-2005, 08:38 PM
skuzy
5th Gear
hey mate

One question...

Do u shipp internationally?

Loving the work - keep it up!

What else do u have under that bonnet of yours? i saw some M7 stuff and alot of pretty plugs!

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Ram intake project