Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Nice little interior "mod"

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 PM
hugh
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hold on people...my s/a says they'll void the warranty.

hs

Old 09-06-2005, 08:18 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaelaria
Some new guy just registered under 'flyboyua' and private messaged me and others: Hello....I am the seller of the SPIFFY CAPS on Ebay.....I CERTAINELY hope your aren't calling me a moron on this website. It looks much worse on you than me

And to answer - you're darn right I am, and I'll call anyone ELSE a moron that tries to mark a product up 2500% and pass it off as a 'mod' for a mini, to everyone here - then gets busted! Oh, I'm sorry, were you exposed trying to rip people off? Too bad, go cry a river to someone else.
Hey, it's a free country, if people want to buy them and he wants to sell them, that's their choice. I guess it's also your choice to berate people online so that you can feel big and tough behind your computer screen. That's not what this community of owners is about.

I chose to buy these because I wanted to support a fellow MINI owner, and posted it for the same reason. If you want to go to Sears instead, go ahead, but there's no need to get abusive over it.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:17 PM
MCJoe
4th Gear
Originally Posted by fs-mini
So what exactly is it called if I want to look for it at Sears, HomeDepot, etc.?
Thx.
Yes, what section can these be found in? I went to Sears today, looked in the tool section, the automotive section. Where would they be, and what are they called so nobody will look at me like I have 2 heads if I ask for them?

Old 09-07-2005, 09:21 PM
VRBeauty
6th Gear
Gee, I thought those holes were another spiffy MINI design feature -- chewing gum receptacles.

At least that's what I was using them for!

Old 09-07-2005, 09:22 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
they are on the large aisle of screw drawers.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:31 PM
xizor
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MCJoe
Yes, what section can these be found in? I went to Sears today, looked in the tool section, the automotive section. Where would they be, and what are they called so nobody will look at me like I have 2 heads if I ask for them?
They don't carry them at my local Sears department store, so I went to the Sears Hardware. Like mentioned above they're in the aisle w/ loose screws. Its in a slide out drawer of various sized covers. The 2005 has 2 holes on each door but they're different sizes, I believe I purchased 2 5/8 and 2 11/16 covers to fit the doors. My sears hardware only had black however, but it matchs my DS interior and anthracite headliner very well.

Old 09-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Beemer Guy
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 05DSMCS
Hey, it's a free country, if people want to buy them and he wants to sell them, that's their choice. I guess it's also your choice to berate people online so that you can feel big and tough behind your computer screen. That's not what this community of owners is about.

I chose to buy these because I wanted to support a fellow MINI owner, and posted it for the same reason. If you want to go to Sears instead, go ahead, but there's no need to get abusive over it.
Ditto! I've been on many forums for different cars, motorcycles, etc. and the idea behind these things is to help people out and share in our enjoyment of a particular marque or hobbie. If you can point people in a direction to help them save some money, that's great! But let's just leave out the nasty rude comments, OK? You're not making a positive contribution by calling anyone a moron.

I've ordered my car (week 43) and so I'm lurking and learning here on this board. So far, I've found some useful information. I've also read some poor mannered posts here that concern me. I hope this community doesn't turn mean and hostile.

Michael

Old 09-23-2005, 08:35 AM
kaelaria
6th Gear
Thank you, thought-police If I see a guy ripping people off on ebay - I can call them anything I like.

It's on an open forum, open for discussion. That doesn't mean 'only nice-nice, happy-happy talk in la-la land'. Some people may label anything but that kind of talk as 'abusive', 'nasty' or 'rude' but that's just an opinion - and we're all entitled to them.

I have a right to call the guy a moron the same as you have the right to call me nasty, rude and abusive for doing so. Get over yourselves.

Old 09-24-2005, 07:27 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Thank you, thought-police If I see a guy ripping people off on ebay - I can call them anything I like.

It's on an open forum, open for discussion. That doesn't mean 'only nice-nice, happy-happy talk in la-la land'. Some people may label anything but that kind of talk as 'abusive', 'nasty' or 'rude' but that's just an opinion - and we're all entitled to them.

I have a right to call the guy a moron the same as you have the right to call me nasty, rude and abusive for doing so. Get over yourselves.
You're right, you can do whatever you want, just understand that no one here appreciates the tone with which you do it, so your only serving yourself.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:56 PM
s3anryan
2nd Gear
So, he's still selling them on eBay for $10.00 and you can still get them at Sears Hardware for $0.40-$0.50 each. Thanks for the heads-up. Trying to find them in Sears if half the fun anyways.

Old 12-14-2006, 06:11 PM
#20Works4me
5th Gear
Maybe his ad should read......, "save your valuable time hunting around Sears, Home depot, etc and Gas!! and buy my crappy hole plugs delivered to your door.... cause every hole needs a plug!"

Old 12-15-2006, 02:53 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
looks mighty spiffy

Old 12-15-2006, 07:28 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
Originally Posted by lurch70
why do we need to plug every hole we see?
You just had to go and phrase it like that, now didn't you.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:35 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/guidelines

#2. RESPECT
When posting, both members and vendors must ALWAYS be respectful of fellow members and vendors. Personal attacks and flames will not be tolerated. If you feel you are being attacked, report the post or private message rather than replying or flaming back.

Not sure how calling someone a "Moron" and "being respectful" reconcile with one another in your head, but hey that's up to you to explain.

EDIT: I just realized this thread post was like, a year old... duh...

Old 12-15-2006, 07:39 AM
Roadsailer
2nd Gear
To be honest @ .40 a pop who cares if you have to destroy them to get them back out?

Old 12-15-2006, 07:40 AM
JCW Driver
6th Gear
I was thinking that.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:52 AM
justintime
6th Gear
oh dear, Ive never noticed the holes until now

Old 12-15-2006, 08:11 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fs-mini
So what exactly is it called if I want to look for it at Sears, HomeDepot, etc.?
Thx.
Nylon Hole Plugs.

Look in the fasteners drawers where they keep the screws and nuts/bolts. Depending on the year of your car, you'll need different sizes - just do a Forum Search for "door plugs" or something similar and there are a TON of threads already. My black set cost less than $3 for the entire set and look great.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Turcicus
5th Gear
I looked at both Home Depot and Lowes and they never had both sizes I needed

Old 12-15-2006, 09:06 AM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
And would you have given $10 to avoid the time it took to search those two spots and receive them in your mailbox without even thinking about it?

Old 12-15-2006, 09:22 AM
ImagoX
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to Lowes and found them in about 2 minutes... Not sure why you're having issues, but it IS tough to find things in a big DIY store sometimes. As for whether or not it would be worth $10 or not... well, personally getting overcharged by a factor of 5 for something just annoys me, but others may disagree.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:53 PM
05DSMCS
4th Gear
Yeah, for only $10 I didn't mind. Kind of felt like I paid for the convenience. Pretty much everything you buy is going to be marked up that much from the source. On the whole, I save probably $1000/year or more shopping on eBay, so if I overpay for something every once in a while, I'm still way ahead overall.