Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Star Wars '05 MC "Red 5"

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 01:15 PM
UUNetBill
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost makes me want to do up a black Hummer in a Darth Vader motif. . .but it's probably already been done. . .

(Oh, and please don't mention that Maybach concept coupe - ugh. . .)

Old 09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Almost makes me want to do up a black Hummer in a Darth Vader motif. . .but it's probably already been done. . .
Yes, it has been done on the first Hummer style that was sold to the public. Taco Bell gave it away as grand prize in 1997 (or 98) when the Special Editions of the episodes IV, V and VI were released.

And someone named Thrace did up an H2 in a Rebel Alliance theme.

MTFBWY,
--Will

Old 09-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Under "News" click on the link for the "H Wing CarFighter" and Check out what this Star Wars fan did to his Honda Del Sol. Those are some serious deco mods AND the Artoo unit's head rotates via a control in the cockpit.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:36 AM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Two (2)

Old 09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
McCullster
2nd Gear
Red 5 are you goin' in? :D

I have to say, I normally don't post over here on NAM (I usually stick to my state's own website) but when something like this comes along and is out of the norm for MINI owners I just have to pipe up and give you a big thumbs up buddy!

I personally love concept number two......I have a 16 inch wide frost racing stripe on my MC and the frost just accentuates the bulge in the bonnet on the MC that much more! It really makes for an aggressive looking car.......and especially with that Rebellion logo......you are gonna be instantly greeted into Rogue Squadron as one bad @$$ pilot! :D

Glad to see MINI owners are taking their cars to places "Prius" owners dream about........

Cheers,

Old 09-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Teampajn
4th Gear
My opinion....number 2 that is the size of number 1. Then I'd lose the outside stripes.

Old 09-10-2005, 04:20 PM
dickdavid
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWESOME! I'd go with #1.

Old 09-10-2005, 05:23 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaelaria
I don't see the point of the top though - who's ever going to see it?
Are you just trolling or what?

My wife finds it VERY EASY to find the car in a Mall parking lot because its the ONLY roof that looks so .... well different! And its just a simple MINI design.

This is an extensive design, well thought out.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:16 AM
kgelner
4th Gear
Love it - I choose #1

As a devoted Star Wars fan I have to say I think that will be awesome when done!! I have mulled over doing some kind of Star Wars theme on the roof and/or sides of my '03 S as well.

Of the two I really like #1 much more as the insignia is much more prominent and not so much lost... also I do not think the shape of the middle stripe in #2 complements the rest of the car well.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:38 AM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by McCullster
I have to say, I normally don't post over here on NAM (I usually stick to my state's own website) but when something like this comes along and is out of the norm for MINI owners I just have to pipe up and give you a big thumbs up buddy!

I personally love concept number two......I have a 16 inch wide frost racing stripe on my MC and the frost just accentuates the bulge in the bonnet on the MC that much more! It really makes for an aggressive looking car.......and especially with that Rebellion logo......you are gonna be instantly greeted into Rogue Squadron as one bad @$$ pilot! :D

Glad to see MINI owners are taking their cars to places "Prius" owners dream about........

Cheers,
Thanks to everyone so far for their input. I really appreciate the time that folks have taken to share their thoughts. I wish that I had two MINIs so that I could do both!

The response here and on my personal web site has been almost 2 to 1 in favor of concept #1. Most cite the size of the logo and how it will "pop". My wife (she thinks #2 is too busy) and the majority of my friends like concept #1 as well. Does that mean I am going to go that way? Not necessarily. However, no matter which one I go with I can always change it in a couple of years and keep the look fresh. This just may come down to a witnessed coin toss . I will keep you all informed and feel free to keep those comments coming as to which you like best and why.

MTFBWY... always,
--Will

Old 09-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Moneypenny
3rd Gear
Cool! I like it! As you said above, whatever you pick is the best 'cause it's your pick!

too, as you can see in my sig, I'm a little fan myself (actually it was the best line that sums up my Miss Moneypenny right now)

Enjoy and Motor On!
-Sarah

Old 09-11-2005, 12:05 PM
ScottinBend
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaelaria
Yeah but it's like viewing a poster on it's side...OEM roof graphics are simple designs, not whole detailed scenes...
Geez.........do you ever have anything positive to say about anything!?

Try using the backspace button. :impatient

Old 09-11-2005, 08:21 PM
CruzinChris
3rd Gear
Don't forget the license plate too...

This is on my friends Red MX-5 and yes, he is a Star Wars fan too!

Old 09-12-2005, 05:24 AM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by CruzinChris
Don't forget the license plate too...
Oh, I didn't forget the license plate. I ordered that two days after I picked up my '05 CR/W MC.

MTFBWY,
--Will

See other pics in my gallery.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:18 AM
GRENDEL
3rd Gear
Looks good!!!

but did you think about doing the "L" shaped stripe on the wing of the X-wing with 5 dashes?

Old 09-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by GRENDEL
Looks good!!! But did you think about doing the "L" shaped stripe on the wing of the X-wing with 5 dashes?
Yes, I did actually. I considered adding those stripes/dashes to the side, but it made the side of the MINI very busy, so I opted not to apply them.

MTFBWY,
--Will

Old 09-12-2005, 10:10 AM
CruzinChris
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Red_5
Oh, I didn't forget the license plate. I ordered that two days after I picked up my '05 CR/W MC.

MTFBWY,
--Will

See other pics in my gallery.
Very nice! Hey, you are in Maryland and my buddy is in Alexandria! Maybe you guys can do a flight formation against the Death Star!

Old 09-12-2005, 10:15 AM
MeeneeBoy
3rd Gear
Kool

Looks pretty kool Red_5

Wonder if they have any TIE Bomber/Fighter bogies to stick on the side of your MINI

Old 09-12-2005, 10:26 AM
fishbulb
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From one SW dork to another...you need help.

For me, #2 is a little much...although i do like the red logo in white.... hard call.

What about a cropped logo in the panel between the door & front tire?

Also, one comment about the roof decal....is it backwards? should it view from with the top of the graphic meeting the front windshield? Just a thought while it is still a concept!

post pics!

-jac

Old 09-12-2005, 11:32 AM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by fishbulb
From one SW dork to another...you need help.

For me, #2 is a little much...although i do like the red logo in white.... hard call.

What about a cropped logo in the panel between the door & front tire?

Also, one comment about the roof decal....is it backwards? should it view from with the top of the graphic meeting the front windshield? Just a thought while it is still a concept!

post pics!

-jac
Help being even more of a Star Wars dork?

I have been talking with Mike at Aesthetic Creations about the sides and we are keeping them simple with a small Alliance logo on the gas cap and corresponding location on the other side, along with five Imperial kill markers on the pilot side of the MINI. We are making the main focus the roof, bonnet and boot.
Pics will be posted when the car is done in October.

Personally I do not think that there is any correct forwards or backwards when it comes to roof graphics. I think that is all up to the individual motorist. I like the graphic I am using position they way it is in the mock ups because the energy of the image flows forward with the front of the MINI. I have had all of this in my head for four years while waiting to own my very own MC.

Yes, I am well aware of my Uber Geekiness

MTFBWY,
--Will

Old 09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Red_5
3rd Gear
Final Decision Made On Bonnet

Well here it is! After much hard consideration, the gathering of feedback and vote tallying (and even a few coin flips) I have decided to go with the below concept.

I liked both designs a whole lot and I really appreciate Mike at Aesthetic Creations for his ideas and time in helping me. Unfortunatley I only have one MC, so I had to choose one design. However, because this is a vinyl decal I can change it in a couple of years to the other design to keep the look of the MINI fresh and new. So at sometime in the future we may yet see concept #2 on the bonnet.

Thanks to everyone for their time in providing feedback and may the Force be with you.

MTFBWY,
--Will

Old 09-14-2005, 07:21 AM
Darth_Cooper
3rd Gear
I love your car!! #1 is my choice along with everyone else.