Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Seat decision AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:31 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seat decision AGAIN

well... with the ugly SPW seat fiasco over behind me (not so much.. but at least ive made enough to get its replacement...) this time.. no more flip back style.. pure race style... but my budget is smaller...

i still am hoping for the refund, right now i just sent a personal letter to them... soon if they do not respect me ill start going to my lawyer for legal advice and perhaps even legal action

but anyways... i got 3 choices i cant quite decide on... which do you guys think is gonna be great on my car...

Buddy Club seat (JDM company, but made in Taiwan, my mechanic says they are pretty good quality.... how good i wonder though, they are the perfect fit for me which is defenitely a plus.. my mechanic told me he has installed these before, and so far he's not heard of them breaking)

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/p...oducts_id/4962

MOMO Start (it will match my shift **** at least... my mechanic says they are made in italy... but the LOWEST grade MOMO seat availiable.... i wonder will it be inferior to higher quality seats by momo)

http://www.shopmomo.com/momstarseatb.html

MOMO T-Frame ( i do not like the thigh support on them, but other than that they look great, fit me great... but price is gonna be the highest... t-frame is the seat above the start)

http://www.shopmomo.com/tframe.html

please let me know which you guys like best... both in YOUR opinion of their quality... i dont want to defend the buddy club.. but quite frankly im leaning towards them or the start... the t-frame seems incredible though... argh! decision!

Old 11-08-2005, 09:48 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the MOMO Start is a nice seat, its very comfortable. I'm about 6 foot, 230 lbs and i fit in it well.

its not too much pressure on any points and it looks like there is plents of room for harnesses.

id go for the Starts

Old 11-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
race bucket

I just installed the COBRA SUZUKA race bucket I'm 5'8" and 160 and it's like taylor made for me

Old 11-09-2005, 05:20 AM
oldschool
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.soloracer.com/seats.html

They have a good selection. Are you thinking of a drivers seat only? It would be much nicer on your passengers.

I had a set of corbeau forzas in my old car. They were not comfortable at all. You could fell the metal frame through the material. If I were to try a fixed back seat again, I would go with a fiberglass or carbon fiber shell.

Good news was they were very cheap and made a huge difference in holding me down.

Best to decide what you value more ... comfort or performance.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:25 AM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if anything i do have a budget.. those cobras are nice.. but just a tad out of my range.. i am looking at the cobra imola ii in aluminum though, and im doing the single seat..

sounds like the start is what im eyeing... anyone want to convince me to go red again?