Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Black mini with Gt looking mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man wuz up ?

are u sayin' that the caps are the same...one is raised a bit and the other is a tall cap, chrome plastic probably!!
Originally Posted by VoiD
Don't feel like arguing, but
http://www.prestige-ag.jp/mini/
MIGHT be same wheel but different finish..
look at the center caps.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:32 PM
VoiD
6th Gear
Originally Posted by joker
are u sayin' that the caps are the same...one is raised a bit and the other is a tall cap, chrome plastic probably!!
No I'm just saying the wheel on the black mini is not NEEZ but Illumina.. Not sure if they are manufactured from the same company, but the wheel in the black car has the red center cap as well. It is a red CF(look?) center cap with illumina logo in it.
correct link: http://www.prestige-ag.jp/mini/illum...inatune18.html

Old 11-23-2005, 03:17 AM
SpiderX
6th Gear
Originally Posted by maxmini
Sid is correct about the base being the key. We had looked into having some made and was very encouraged by the low cost of the mirror itself but then blown away by the complexity and cost of the base. We were trying to bring something to market in the $300 range and there was no way so we gave up on it.

Randy
M7 Tuning
This is way off topic but someone should do a write up on Sid's car......there is so much amazing detail that you can't see under the hood and in the interior.......by far my favorite Mini....very tasteful IMHO

Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks for vote of confidence Bob. I'll pay ya later I'll find a way to sneek into MC2 one day

Randy, JS and I think the base would be a cake walk with a sculpted base just as we're doing with the RIP. Once we make a right and left base shaped to the bodyside contour (modeled in place), we go to cast or find someone with the tool to speed things along. To save money, it wouldn't have to be cast aluminum as CS mirror's are. Just use CF reinforced plastic resin and there's only two screws on this thing...couldn't be simpler IMO

Originally Posted by SpiderX
This is way off topic but someone should do a write up on Sid's car......there is so much amazing detail that you can't see under the hood and in the interior.......by far my favorite Mini....very tasteful IMHO

Old 11-23-2005, 12:54 PM
J0kER
6th Gear
got it

l00ks like the same wheel to me

Originally Posted by VoiD
No I'm just saying the wheel on the black mini is not NEEZ but Illumina.. Not sure if they are manufactured from the same company, but the wheel in the black car has the red center cap as well. It is a red CF(look?) center cap with illumina logo in it.
correct link: http://www.prestige-ag.jp/mini/illum...inatune18.html