Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Gtech Owners - numbers/ readings question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gtech Owners - numbers/ readings question

While I have only had the Gtech for a short period of time, and i hav eonly been able to pull off 12-24 runs - I am getting some very wide HP/TQ figures.

I defined the weight of the car (it is not actual but an estimate) BUT have not changed it. I get HP spreads from 140hp - 190hp.

Is your experience similar or is my problem that I have not done enough runs to find the average which would be my realstic numbers.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Mugami
Coordinator :: River City Minis
are you doing your runs on the same stretch of road. elevation changes (hills, dips, starting off going down hill , up hill etc) will change all reading. When i did my runs i use an old private closed Airport runway so from start to finish its flat. so it makes it consistant. Just remember you can do a 10 sec quarter mile just standing still and tilting the Gtech when it says go.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mugami
are you doing your runs on the same stretch of road. elevation changes (hills, dips, starting off going down hill , up hill etc) will change all reading. When i did my runs i use an old private closed Airport runway so from start to finish its flat. so it makes it consistant. Just remember you can do a 10 sec quarter mile just standing still and tilting the Gtech when it says go.
a good % of my runs done on the exact road (it was just closed down so I need to find a new place) and I had swings - I have discarded the very low and very high. For example I was doing runs back to back - and got a series of them in the 150 range - then a low one less tha 140 (i figure it was my driving, bad launch ect...) BUT then on the next run I pulled 265HP. I got a hard on when I saw that and for as much as I would like to kid myself that my mini is at 262 net horsepower level - I can even for a second believe that.

I think I need to spend more time doing runs.

what do you think of these - line/curve wise? I find my TQ compared to HP interesting.

here is my 262 - isn't she beautiful.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
I now that Mugami and I are not the only GTECH owners.

Come on and and give a nickels worth of opinion/experience.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:43 AM
Wagnbat
6th Gear
I've only tinkered with mine so far... And since the install where I gave the Gtech it's own power and accurate RPMs, I've only done one run, and I think that was only 0-60 (7.0 seconds, :P, not bad for a first time manual driver with no pulley)...

I also have not installed the software yet. I've been meaning to, but everytime I sit at my computer I start BF2 by habit. :D

Old 01-13-2006, 02:19 AM
Mugami
Coordinator :: River City Minis
Oh one last thing thst may have assisted on the higher reading.. There mounting system has been know to droop after take off. Depending on the Launch. a Standing check (Calabration) should be done both before and after the run. This will help to let you know if its close to being right.

What i mean by this is on the meter on the right that show forward or backward momentum (up and down). It should be set as close to zero as possible. Then rechecked after the run. If its at zero before the run and then after the run its at ^ .05 then your run is a wash and would net more HP than what it really did.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:43 AM
Bahamabart
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mugami
Oh one last thing thst may have assisted on the higher reading.. There mounting system has been know to droop after take off. Depending on the Launch. a Standing check (Calabration) should be done both before and after the run. This will help to let you know if its close to being right.

What i mean by this is on the meter on the right that show forward or backward momentum (up and down). It should be set as close to zero as possible. Then rechecked after the run. If its at zero before the run and then after the run its at ^ .05 then your run is a wash and would net more HP than what it really did.
I'm gonna do some runs today and I will monitor that - thanks.