Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Really Really Really Good Floor Mats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006 | 03:26 AM
mdreuben
|
2nd Gear
Really Really Really Good Floor Mats?

The stock mats that came with my '05MCS feel cheap and flimsy. Can anyone suggest a source for some great quality black carpet mats?

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2006 | 07:24 AM
scatpack
4th Gear
Which ones do you have?

Old 03-14-2006 | 07:29 AM
scatpack
4th Gear
Old 03-14-2006 | 07:40 AM
TWISTER
6th Gear
Old 03-14-2006 | 08:05 AM
mdreuben
|
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by scatpack
Which ones do you have?
They are a very dark gray, and have the round plastic MINI logo on them.

Old 05-09-2006 | 02:09 PM
dwathen
1st Gear
Several people seem happy with GG Bailey mats. Do they have the same shape as the rubber mats (cut out around the accelerator)? Got a photo? I just ordered carpet samples from GG Bailey - free, though they cost $4 to ship. - so that I can match my beige interior.

Old 05-09-2006 | 02:43 PM
DownSize
3rd Gear
I have the stock rubber mats and they are very durable and fashionable. you should check them out. I dont think Ill ever go back to carpet floor mats, seeing that my driveway is unpaved, they would get too dirty too fast.

Old 05-09-2006 | 02:58 PM
cooperdude
2nd Gear
stock rubber mats are where its at. they work awesome and dont show wear as much as the carpet ones do.

Old 05-09-2006 | 03:08 PM
sagworks
running with scissors
The Canadian rubber mats are really nice too-A bit different.

Old 05-09-2006 | 09:14 PM
scooterboy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sagworks
The Canadian rubber mats are really nice too-A bit different.
You are correct sir!

Old 05-09-2006 | 09:59 PM
jon.k
3rd Gear
I <3 my circle rubber mats

Old 05-10-2006 | 05:55 AM
dwathen
1st Gear
I agree that the rubber mats are nice - I had black ones in my 2003 MCS. My 2006 MCS has the beige interior, and I would like light colored mats, at least for summer. The factory "beige" rubber mats don't match the color, and the factory carpet mats are really cheap feeling. Several people have recommended GG Bailey, but I want to make sure the shape matches the rubber mats so that they don't interfere. So, someone with the GG Bailey mats, please let me know if the shape matches. A picture woud also be appreciated.

Old 11-01-2006 | 09:21 AM
kenchan
6th Gear
anyone try www.drivingcomfort.com?

they have the cool coco mats... this is a pict in a G35C which i think
looks rediculous on that car, but on a MCS like mine, should look pretty
good?

im thinking about doing the Berber mat for my G35C... they will customize
your text too.

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:08 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
* crickets *

Old 11-01-2006 | 06:27 PM
Sissy
4th Gear
I got black w/grey dots coco mats from http://www.cocomats.com/Custom.htm They are perfect in my PW MCS.

Old 11-01-2006 | 07:00 PM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
I really can't say enough about the coco mats I got from Jeff at cocomats.com. The fit like they grew there. They have little nubs on the rubber bottom that absolutely do not let the mat slide anywhere. They fit so nicely that they would have anyplace to slide anyway.

YD

Old 11-01-2006 | 07:12 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Yo'sDad
I really can't say enough about the coco mats I got from Jeff at cocomats.com. The fit like they grew there. They have little nubs on the rubber bottom that absolutely do not let the mat slide anywhere. They fit so nicely that they would have anyplace to slide anyway.

YD
Looks great! I'm trying to order a set in Blue w/ natural dots.

Did you have to order them over the phone or via e-mail? I can't select "MINI" in the manufacturer pull-down on their webpage , and the automated ordering page won't let me continue without entering a manufacturer.

Curious, considering that they even have a picture of a MINI on their website.

Scott

Old 11-02-2006 | 06:31 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
I called Jeff and talked to him directly. He was such a nice guy to talk to that I felt really comfortable dealing with him. I ordered from him over the phone number listed on his site. The fit and feel of my set is really good. I'd order another set if I had another car worthy of them. Give him a call.

YD

Old 11-02-2006 | 06:35 AM
sullt
1st Gear
I ordered from their website, by selecting BMW and putting in MINI Cooper S for the make/model.

Old 11-02-2006 | 06:36 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
I called Jeff and talked to him directly. He was such a nice guy to talk to that I felt really comfortable dealing with him. I ordered from him over the phone number listed on his site. The fit and feel of my set is really good. I'd order another set if I had another car worthy of them. Give him a call.

YD
And tell Jeff that Yo's Dad sent you (like I did). He'll get a kick out of that and he'll tell you what a good guy Yo's Dad is, too.

YD, Have you cleaned your Cocomats yet ? Mine are only two days old so no need yet. Do they clean up easily with just a damp rag as the instructions indicate ?

Old 11-02-2006 | 06:59 AM
tshea
1st Gear
Anybody able to comment on how the coco mats stand up over time? I've had them in cars I owned many years ago ('70s and '80s) and found that the driver's side mat wore out pretty quickly where your right foot heel rests. I've had various carpet mats since then. Are today's coco mats more durable than the old ones?

Old 11-02-2006 | 07:11 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by tshea
Anybody able to comment on how the coco mats stand up over time? I've had them in cars I owned many years ago ('70s and '80s) and found that the driver's side mat wore out pretty quickly where your right foot heel rests. I've had various carpet mats since then. Are today's coco mats more durable than the old ones?
Look at the pic posted above. The new cocomats have a rubber insert where your heel rests.

Old 11-02-2006 | 07:18 AM
Sissy
4th Gear

YD
Ditto on this. I talked with Jeff on the phone since I wanted mine before I drove down to the coast. He helped me with the color selection and assured me I'd have them in time. I received mine with two or three days to spare. Like someone else said, these mats fit as if they were made/installed during the Mini's production. They are first class, and I should think they will prove to be durable.

Old 11-02-2006 | 07:54 AM
Yo'sDad
5th Gear
Chili Red, about cleaning.

I don't track through the mud much, I do get a lot of dried mud dust and grass and leaves tracked in. So far, all I do is pull the mats out, hold them up in the air with one hand and brush them with a stiff bristle brush while shaking a little. I then hit the rubber heel pad with a damp sponge and put them back in. The coco fiber part looks just like new, of course I haven't had them very long yet. If they fall apart prematurely, I'm guessing Jeff will make it right with no issues. Just my opinion.

What I like is that there is 'no' issue with the mat getting in the way of the pedals or your feet, or sliding around, nothing. They stay put and lie flat. The fun part is the comments I get from first-time riders. They open the door and go 'WOW'. At night, I have red lights shining in the footwells, that really makes the mats glow in a very eery way. I'll try to take a nice night picture.

YD

Old 11-02-2006 | 08:02 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
YD, I also have the red lights from autoluminations in my door sills and foot wells, and the exact same mats you have.

Although I've only had them two days, I've already heard some "oohs" and "aaahs", and from someone who sees a LOT of cars (estimator from Nationwide).

Those mats are obviously well constructed, they're outright gorgeous, and they were what I consider to be reasonably priced. Glad to hear they clean easily. I could not be happier with them !

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Really Really Really Good Floor Mats?