Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Going for the Eurosport/Eurotuner Look???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rally, you are absolutely correct about the offset problems we have, i finally have my coilovers after undecisive months, so i will initially drop the car 1,5" and see the drivability. I do not have very rough roads here, but again we will see, and after that will shop for a set of Euro look rims, i will take the time and make the decision after my trip to World Cup in Germany this summer

Old 03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
saakey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by haulin_oats
this is the best example of a non-euro euro

Old 03-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
Rally, you are absolutely correct about the offset problems we have, i finally have my coilovers after undecisive months, so i will initially drop the car 1,5" and see the drivability. I do not have very rough roads here, but again we will see, and after that will shop for a set of Euro look rims, i will take the time and make the decision after my trip to World Cup in Germany this summer
sounds great....I'm ordering coilovers from my sponsor rather soon too. It's been a long time, but i'm finally getting them . What size wheel are you thinking? Your trip to germany sounds like it's going to be amazing. One of my teammates went out there just recently and said that so many modified cars....so i bet you can see some cool ones

Old 03-22-2006, 06:59 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
ohh it is going to be crazy, can you imagine most of the cities that the games will take place are booked already for June-July, can't find a single room? Thanks my mother and grandmother have a house there

I am thinking 16s this time, what do you think? will give plenty of room to put fat tires and deep dish, i love bigger rims, but it is time to go back to origins, too much advanture. On top of it 16s are cheaper compared to 18s or 17s so i can get better rims

Old 03-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
ohh it is going to be crazy, can you imagine most of the cities that the games will take place are booked already for June-July, can't find a single room? Thanks my mother and grandmother have a house there

I am thinking 16s this time, what do you think? will give plenty of room to put fat tires and deep dish, i love bigger rims, but it is time to go back to origins, too much advanture. On top of it 16s are cheaper compared to 18s or 17s so i can get better rims
16s are a great compromise...not too small (15's really lower the car if you go low-pro...and who doesnt want low-pro? ) and 17s are expensive and in my opinion (which isnt very good ) are too big for the mini in most cases.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:15 PM
saakey
5th Gear
I've been driving vws for a long while. I am a big fan of the "euro" look. I've been trying to get my crap together for a VW cabrio I recently picked up as well. I also used to drive this:

This is from 4 years ago though. I kinda have a good idea on this whole "euro" thing. all of the previously posted MINIs are far from euro, and more of a motorsport look.
Hey, I think I bought those headlights from you...did you sell those thru AudiWorld a couple years ago? if so I was the one who bought them ...if it was not you, oops :impatient

Old 03-22-2006, 07:24 PM
haulin_oats
3rd Gear
saakey, do you, or did you used to have a brown A4? I did sell them on AudiWorld in 2002 or 2003 when I upgraded to e-codes.

Also, that MCS that I posted is not mine. It's my friend Cris' old car. He was running on FK Coilovers, and custom built, 3 piece kerscher kcs wheels. BIG bucks for those wheels.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
saakey
5th Gear
saakey, do you, or did you used to have a brown A4? I did sell them on AudiWorld in 2002 or 2003 when I upgraded to e-codes.

Also, that MCS that I posted is not mine. It's my friend Cris' old car. He was running on FK Coilovers, and custom built, 3 piece kerscher kcs wheels. BIG bucks for those wheels.
yep, that was me...with the turd brown A4 .... I sold that a while ago and got the A6 S-line. Do you have the A4 anymore and do you have a Mini now also?

Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM
haulin_oats
3rd Gear
I loved that colour A4. I always wished my stupid yellow one was brown.

I no longer have the A4, just the MINI. I almost traded it in for a new GTI though, but I'll be sticking with the MINI for a while. I also have a 95 vw cabrio.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:32 AM
saakey
5th Gear
I loved that colour A4. I always wished my stupid yellow one was brown.

I no longer have the A4, just the MINI. I almost traded it in for a new GTI though, but I'll be sticking with the MINI for a while. I also have a 95 vw cabrio.
Yeah I liked the brown too..but it was time to move on to something newer ...what Mini do you have now?

Old 03-23-2006, 08:02 AM
TSR53
5th Gear
Keeping this thread on target...
[all us Audi quattro nuts getting carried away again... I designed "AudiFans.com" logo eons ago]

I poked around "http://newmini-technik.de and found the *real* deal.

Big brakes, low, and wider - the hot ticket among loads of other little details.

This cabrio is very trick looking.

I like the look of this Chili Red unit (would look more appropriate with the aero front) but,
it has the NAS (North American Specification) front and rear side light reflectors. Interestingly,
his page noted as having "US clearance lights" ["ORCIARI Lufteinlässe & US Positions-Leuchten"].
Isn't it ironic that the euro guys want the US look. Maybe all us NAS MINI owners have a
good thing after all.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:42 AM
haulin_oats
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by saakey
Yeah I liked the brown too..but it was time to move on to something newer ...what Mini do you have now?

I have an 04 MCS. I love it.

ThompsonR53, I would never classify any of those cars as "euro" looking. that's all motorsport look

Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
yah none of those are euro. They are in europe....but that is the tuner/motorsport look.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:45 AM
myzamboni
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SoCar S
Love the muted grays of the euro look.
Although the tint thing.... not to sure about that. I see tons of euro stuff on the vortex....

Heh heh.... I'm not gonna reveal the euro plans I have just yet.

Let's just say.... there is a great vintage dub site with NICE color palettes.
Let's just say I feel ya: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/...codestype1.php

Old 03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
TSR53
5th Gear
ThompsonR53, I would never classify any of those cars as "euro" looking. that's all motorsport look
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
yah none of those are euro. They are in europe....but that is the tuner/motorsport look.
I must be too old school for you guys! and totally missed out on the newer generation new-school "euro" look thing.
I understand the look thing but always have been taught that having anything "motorsport" related
on your car was for a purpose. Please get me dialed in on the correct euro look, because I found those photos
posted above on a european site in Germany.

Anyway, my first taste of real old-school *euro* was in 1982 when we bought a 1976 Porsche Carrera 3.0 direct
from Frankfurt Germany and had it flown overnight to SF on a Lufthansa 747. It even came with a "D" emblem
on the tail! Holycr^p was that car fast. We found it in Auto Motor und Sport. I raced it in '87 [read motorsport no *look*]
at Laguna Seca BEFORE the track additions at a PCA/GGR Time Trial. Boys, this is before DEs. And, in my
run group there was a new 1987 Porsche 951 Cup Car that couldn't catch me out of turn 9 hairpin, into the
straight up and over the crest and through turns 1 and 2 flat out.

Ok, so about 20 years go by, I still play with ur-quattros, old Porsches, illustrate *real* old-school euro Audi's,
[John Buffum's //S2 Camino de Inca rallye winning ride included] and I'm still thinking old school - help me out guys -
maybe I'm the newbie!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Konky
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually Rally, the "new" euro look is spoked wheels.

ie: daytons, gangsta look.

sad, but true. :(

(great thread btw)

also, nice Brock B1's on that audi, kudos!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
T-diggie
1st Gear
I think the problem is that the new Mini just looks too 'NEW' to be euro.

Comming from a VW background, when someone says 'euro look' I think of a '78 rabbit with small tail light with small bumpers slammed almost too low to drive with the widest 13" wheels you can get. The car's usually a 'flat' color, like flat black, and has what I call "mods that don't look like mods". Meaning anything that came from another car that a non-enthuesist wouldn't notice.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:00 PM
saakey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ThompsonR53
do we think those are 19's or 20's? those are huge - I like em, but may be a bit much.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Dj_Konky
Actually Rally, the "new" euro look is spoked wheels.

ie: daytons, gangsta look.

sad, but true. :(

(great thread btw)

also, nice Brock B1's on that audi, kudos!
yah...i know, I'm just trying to pretend that its not happening

Old 03-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ThompsonR53
I must be too old school for you guys! and totally missed out on the newer generation new-school "euro" look thing.
I understand the look thing but always have been taught that having anything "motorsport" related
on your car was for a purpose. Please get me dialed in on the correct euro look, because I found those photos
posted above on a european site in Germany.

Anyway, my first taste of real old-school *euro* was in 1982 when we bought a 1976 Porsche Carrera 3.0 direct
from Frankfurt Germany and had it flown overnight to SF on a Lufthansa 747. It even came with a "D" emblem
on the tail! Holycr^p was that car fast. We found it in Auto Motor und Sport. I raced it in '87 [read motorsport no *look*]
at Laguna Seca BEFORE the track additions at a PCA/GGR Time Trial. Boys, this is before DEs. And, in my
run group there was a new 1987 Porsche 951 Cup Car that couldn't catch me out of turn 9 hairpin, into the
straight up and over the crest and through turns 1 and 2 flat out.

Ok, so about 20 years go by, I still play with ur-quattros, old Porsches, illustrate *real* old-school euro Audi's,
[John Buffum's //S2 Camino de Inca rallye winning ride included] and I'm still thinking old school - help me out guys -
maybe I'm the newbie!
check this post that i made....its a simple explanation. https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&postcount=47

Old 03-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
this car is very euro

Low and simple

Old 03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
T-diggie
1st Gear
Yeah, porsche wheels FTW!

Old 03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
TSR53
5th Gear
Ok now we are getting somewhere, thanks for the tip.

That Golf has been worked up something fierce, including the Porsche Design 90 rims.
They look like the front rims are from a Carrera 4 as the offset is around 52mm and
total width is 6". Must have used H&R spacer adaptors (4 to 5 bolt hubs). I used to have
a set of the Design 90s on my Porsche 944. It's a good choice of a rim for super low
profile tires - strong. I think they are made by ATS they are not forged though.
Important item when creating the "look" - nobody likes bent rims.

Too bad that Golf or any "euro ride look" wouldn't work on the roads I drive. No, you
need full rallye spec height or stock height for Vermont's toughest winter tarmac here.
Which brings up another really good subject... "European rallye look". I don't know how
many new MINIs have been rallied over in Europe, but we could start with the new
MINI Cooper S JCW prepared by Frank and Dan Sprongl's shop in CN that won the
Targa New Foundland.

Spring is proving to rear it's head and forming nice frost heaves. My Audi //S6 soaks
everything up nice with the Koni Sports. In the MINI - well, I've got BBS R90 rims
[w/titanium bolts] and just turn or brake - keeps my driving skills top notch

The guys over at Vermont SportsCar http://www.vtcar.com [I designed there corporate
identity years ago...] usually run some type of strong rim on their personal rides.
OZs or... something forged alloy. But, they don't have to worry about low profile tires,
naaa just flying vehicles.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Konky
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
yah...i know, I'm just trying to pretend that its not happening

same here

Old 03-24-2006, 07:59 AM
kyriian
6th Gear