Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Going for the Eurosport/Eurotuner Look???

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dj_Konky
same here
It's gonna be like the hot-rob billet wheel look. Only a few of the hardcore show cars will ever use them here in the US. I have a feeling that the BBS,RH, Brock style will still stay strong with the average euro owner.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 AM
TSR53
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found this over on outmotoring.com here.

BRC Rally Barbados 2005, Island Wide, May 28 & 29, 2005

Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
hehehe i dont know if rally has any specific euro style ties to them....but i love them

Old 03-24-2006, 12:55 PM
TSR53
5th Gear
I think that this is one of the best threads lately. I would have normally never spent the time to find the German site photos, or these rallye photos. Totally kewl stuff.

I'm headed over to Vermont SportsCar this weekend to show and tell. They have yet to see my 'ess. Maybe John Buffum will be there and show me how to really drive it or maybe not quite yet - i've only got 748 miles on the odometer

Old 03-24-2006, 07:23 PM
haulin_oats
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
It's gonna be like the hot-rob billet wheel look. Only a few of the hardcore show cars will ever use them here in the US.
it seems that this fad has past as well now in the volkswagen scene at least.

I don't know what the "big thing" is now.

you can do a MINI "euro" style, but most of the people who buy them aren't really into that scene.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 PM
MSFIT
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how about this?

Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
I think he was the closest to euro....but everyone on NAM hated on him Hopefully i can follow in his footsteps. I cant wait to get my MCS

Old 03-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Chili, if you want to look "euro" don't foreget proper tags with stickers and such, points for accuracy, and the country ID badge on the rear is quite common. Make the car look at home in England or France or Germany then do style mods that fit in with the tuner culture in that area.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:18 PM
MSFIT
6th Gear
http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/145134101.html

Here is a jetta someone could pickup in the bay area. Its on its way to being a "euro look".

Old 03-26-2006, 03:44 PM
MSFIT
6th Gear
Old 03-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
hehehe same one you posted before Not liking the yellow headlights though...everything else about it is hot

Old 03-26-2006, 03:54 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiliCooperS
What else would you recommend I do to make my car look "Euro"??

Mikey
Ship your Mini to Europe

Old 03-26-2006, 03:54 PM
MSFIT
6th Gear
hehehe same one you posted before Not liking the yellow headlights though...everything else about it is hot
you kno...i just noticed that...took me a few minutes though

But I am kinda diggin the yellow headlight..

Old 03-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by MSFIT
But I am kinda diggin the yellow headlight..
I guess....not very euro though. It clashes with the rest of his car.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Ministi2005
3rd Gear
Bump.

Great thread!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:16 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Personally, I think this whole Euro look idea is stupid ***** envy, grass is greener, inferiority complex...

What's wrong with the "American Look"? :impatient

Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
How is it an envy thing to prefer a certain style choice or to prefer cleaner lines compared to aggresive ones? I guess I'm just missing your point?

The euro-look isn't called euro because people want to appear to be european (grass is greener concept)....it's just that that is where this particular style started.

What is the american look? The tuning styles that started in america are all very hot-rod or muscle car related, such as "rat stylz" (rat rods).

Just curious

Old 05-22-2006, 07:59 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
How is it an envy thing to prefer a certain style choice or to prefer cleaner lines compared to aggresive ones? I guess I'm just missing your point?

The euro-look isn't called euro because people want to appear to be european (grass is greener concept)....it's just that that is where this particular style started.

What is the american look? The tuning styles that started in america are all very hot-rod or muscle car related, such as "rat stylz" (rat rods).

Just curious
I think what this thread is asking is not an "European" phenomena...people with good taste live everywhere...calling it European is not descriptive...just a vague concept of what is commonly understood in the design world as "strong and funtional", "form follows function", "simple but elegant"...it's more commonly described in design terms as "modern" or "contemporary" (not what JCPenny's calls contemporary). Think Ikea as something Americans are starting to relate to...Europe's version of Wallmart. I think it is due in part to European's greater acceptance for the afformentioned attributes that allows their industrial design culture to be on the leading edge of creativity. This translates to their greater perceived "design sense". We in America have an incredible wealth of incredible Industrial Designs...However, they are accessible to the wealthy as the market is expensive and access is limited compared to Europe. We as Americans, have generally greater proportions of Wallmart shoppers who demand Oak, Walnut and poorly thought out plastic furnitures...no wonder everyone is asking what the European's are doing:impatient

You'll know it when you see it...Just check out the gallery here at NAM...

I haven't visited Mini2 in a long time but maybe if a real "Euro Mini" exists...one can be found there?

Old 05-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Actually mini2 has many more flashy import type cars in my opinion. It's a surprise, i cant really explain it. It might have to do with the popularity of the car....and possibly the cheaper prices of the ONE (as the younger crowd, who can afford the cheaper car more easily, are more likely to go crazy with styling)?? I dont know....just guesses.

The euro look really did start over in europe honestly. The stretched tire look partially spawned from the fact that it was illegal to have the tread of your tire showing, yet they wanted their wheels to poke....so they began stretching the tires to keep the tread under the car while still running super wide wheels. It's things like these that ARE european phenomenons...that happen to catch on to a FEW people in the US. Also, Many of the "euro-look" wheel companies such as BBS, Smoor, Schmidt, HTN, and PLS are all located over in europe...hence their popularity in this particular crowd.

It's just like the idea of japanese import styling (rice, as much as i hate that term). It started over there...but has found its way to america in certain crowds of people. You could call it "flashy" "form over function" "aggresively styled"....but most people just call it import-styling.

I agree that it's mainly the concept of "keeping it simple" "less is more" and "functional forms" but i dont see the problem with calling it "euro". People just didnt know what to call it and started calling it "euro" based on where it started. "euro" isnt the most descriptive term....but that is the name that this "simple" styling has taken up.

Whatever the name....i still love them.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:57 PM
rcoopers
4th Gear
some of the styling gestures are from the "good old days"when "shaving doorhandles"and "chopping"and "channeling"and "frenching" styles came about.i think what we have now is just good old customizing to the taste of the individual....thats what makes all of our cars unique.....i think thats what we all are trying to achieve here aren't we????..................

Old 05-22-2006, 10:05 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
Personally, I think this whole Euro look idea is stupid ***** envy, grass is greener, inferiority complex...

What's wrong with the "American Look"? :impatient
What do people in other county's think of as the American Look? Is it muscle cars and hot rods? SUVs? Thug rides with 22's? Or is the American Look just a melting pot of borrowed styles?

How would my car be classified? Now I am curious and really have no idea.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by The MINITOR
What do people in other county's think of as the American Look? Is it muscle cars and hot rods? SUVs? Thug rides with 22's? Or is the American Look just a melting pot of borrowed styles?

How would my car be classified? Now I am curious and really have no idea.
your car is definitely part of the japanese import scene.

I would guess that the american look is very muscle car, hot rod oriented. The rat rod style (from the hot rod times) has made a big hit in other countries. Maybe the big DUB rapper SUV thing is gonna become a US thing too?

I do agree though....our country is very much a melting pot

Old 05-22-2006, 11:44 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
That is what I figured.

I think this MINI looks "American Thug Style"

and yes, I like it.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
hahah yah definitely thug

weird that they got rid of the mesh down on the lower grilles and replaced it with slats....and got rid of the slate on the top grill to add mesh. Odd call.

Old 05-23-2006, 05:47 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
hahah yah definitely thug

weird that they got rid of the mesh down on the lower grilles and replaced it with slats....and got rid of the slate on the top grill to add mesh. Odd call.
From the images you provided, the "Euro" look is comprised of:

1-monochromatic color scheme
2-little or no chrome
3-wide wheels with over stretched low profile tires

Did I miss anything?

I'm with one and two but think three is bit impractical performance wise...