Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Show me your shaved, low, wide, poke, stretch..!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 05:56 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VDub GTI
First off, I'm not here to bash, start anything, e-fight, etc. I'm a euro enthusiast/VW owner/lover. Where I come from (www.vwvortex.com with 6200 posts), in the cosmetic department, we're all about shaved bodies/bumpers, slammage/tuck, wide/staggered wheels, stretched tires, poke, all for that exclusive and distinctive euro look. Here are some examples of VW mk4 "heavyweights," as we refer to them:

Those are the hottness!

Old 03-30-2006, 06:02 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Well.. this is the perfect thread for me to post my baby VW up..

be kind to her, she's had very busy life with over 217k on her OG turbo. She use to be a show *****, 31 shows, 17 wins, 16 sponsors and 3 mag articles and she will still kick in a race (trust me.. the honda guy had it comeing) . She's waiting for her adopted little brother (my mini) to show up so she can go back into the shop and become the show goddess she once was.

PS... i work on my car myself! Im a chick the does my own body work and like to get dirty.

(since this photo was taken, she has no more window tint)

Old 03-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[quote=chows4us]
Originally Posted by SilverBullet3687

It looks BLAH and Boring ... something for grandma to take to the grocery store with all the other plain cars.
You have to be kidding me.

His car is rediculously famous for how great it looks, and is renowned in the euro scene.

Its not blah....its just simple and clean. Busy decals and stuff are really boring...and clutter your car

You all talk about these cars like your's are better. Many of the ones pictured have had their cars featured multiple times in magazines such as Eurotuner...can you say the same?

Old 03-30-2006, 07:33 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
^^^^ agreed, i will never get into further discussion because i do not want to hear people bashing me here. Rally and I discussed this several times, Mini has a unique reto look, Euro look is hard to achieve, altough there is bunch of cars out there, especially on Mini2, that look killer.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:01 PM
mcs2nr
2nd Gear
dam nice..i love them too

Old 03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
The MINITOR
6th Gear
I still dont understand what makes one MINI look more euro than another MINI.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:29 PM
cooldaddy
5th Gear
yeah but to some of us that means nothing to get excited about. In the end it's a matter of taste so to some these cars look great, to others they remain ugly no matter how many times they are featured...

don't get me wrong; I like some of the VW's shown, but not all of them...

Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Many of the ones pictured have had their cars featured multiple times in magazines such as Eurotuner...can you say the same?

Old 03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
markldriskill
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do all you want to make cars look a certain way that conforms to your world-view...or whatever...; but my credo is "form follows FUNCTION". i have no room for race, religion feelings, or other bulls_ _ _. As far as whether your tires go outside or inside or through the wheel well, or whether your dingle-***** fall outside eurobikini ----- go have a nice day and enjoy getting blown off by someone who knows how to do it right.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Euro is defined to be clean, COMPLETELY CLEAN! as in shaved doors, all ornaments shaved, lights shaved, eyelids, NO stickers, no CF hood, nothing, wide track, STRETCHED rubber...

the above examples are Euro, so if someone is prepared to shave the mini (black out the grille, lose the chrome trim and paint them bodycolor, paint all chrome body color, and some BBS wheels, with massive spacers, maybe a wide body kit, SLAMMED to the ground, and extremely stretched rubber (like 8' wide wheels on 205/45).. that'd be Euro type mini

markldriskill, not everyone enjoys the term 'doing it fast' some just like to cruise, not everyone is gonna track their car, and some shouldnt even consider it... there are car shows aroundthe world that celebrate the creation of a particular owner.... same as how one person can say that his/her 'euro' VW can attract more attention in a parking lot than your 'stock looking' MCS.... of course, i have never seen your MCS, so i don't know, but you see my point?

a car is a person's own expression, if someone perfers to be more show than go, more power to them! why it bother you?

Old 03-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by markldriskill
Do all you want to make cars look a certain way that conforms to your world-view...or whatever...; but my credo is "form follows FUNCTION". i have no room for race, religion feelings, or other bulls_ _ _. As far as whether your tires go outside or inside or through the wheel well, or whether your dingle-***** fall outside eurobikini ----- go have a nice day and enjoy getting blown off by someone who knows how to do it right.
Cool...that is your opinion....

but guess what...that is worth only 2 cents. Thanks for sharing though.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
^^^^ agreed, i will never get into further discussion because i do not want to hear people bashing me here. Rally and I discussed this several times, Mini has a unique reto look, Euro look is hard to achieve, altough there is bunch of cars out there, especially on Mini2, that look killer.
Word...thanks scuderia

Old 03-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by cooldaddy
yeah but to some of us that means nothing to get excited about. In the end it's a matter of taste so to some these cars look great, to others they remain ugly no matter how many times they are featured...

don't get me wrong; I like some of the VW's shown, but not all of them...
You are VERY right....

which is exactly why i dont like people trashing on someone else's car. The car is style and modded to how they like it....if you dont agree, that doesnt make the car boring or bland.....just different. I just think that certain people feel a certain authority over how something should look...but don't realize that even the ones they don't like may be liked by others (enough to be featured even....i was just using it to show that lots of other people like it).

Old 03-30-2006, 09:14 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
the same thing comes back right Rally? I always admired your car, MFiStoy (if correct, but you know), and even MINITOR (Jeff is a friend), because you guys went out of the regular path every single Mini owner follows and did different things. I will post some pics of my "FAST" after the transformation

Old 03-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
very well said, and right on all accounts.....definitely keep me updated about your new purchase. Sounds like it should be fun

Old 03-31-2006, 12:30 AM
VDub GTI
1st Gear
that white GTI was recently parted out and is currently up for sale. he is in the NFJ crew (no fuken joke) of vws/audis in california. and if you think it's "blah," then...i dont know what, but it's far from subtle..
well i can tell you that this golf does not fall under the "euro" category

people don't achieve wide stances with just spacers. wheel selection is a complicated process. people choose specific widths, ets, and offsets to make the wheels flush with the fender. many vortexers are rocking 10-10.5" wide rear wheels, and 9" front. smaller wheels (i.e. <17") doesn't work as well on mk4 volkswagens (1999.5-2005). But mk1,2,3 guys can easily pull off 14"-16" wheels, as they can go a lot lower than the mk4 chassis.
example of a sick mk3 cabrio:

Old 03-31-2006, 05:29 AM
mcs2nr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kyriian
Euro is defined to be clean, COMPLETELY CLEAN! as in shaved doors, all ornaments shaved, lights shaved, eyelids, NO stickers, no CF hood, nothing, wide track, STRETCHED rubber...
a car is a person's own expression, if someone perfers to be more show than go, more power to them! why it bother you?

Humm...shave huh.......ok...i am seeing a big a$$ intercooler on the black vw.....look like a beast.......

Old 03-31-2006, 12:27 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like I said, to each their own. I just dont like them ....

Last edited by chows4us; 06-05-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:39 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
I would rather drive wicked golfs vw then that blue POS

Old 03-31-2006, 01:21 PM
LeeL
5th Gear
Originally Posted by agranger
I went for painted arches and the aero side skirts, which gives a bit of a euro feel (especially in Pepper White), but I didn't go for the slammed look (I can barely make it in my garage as it is) or stretched tire mountings (but I might go a bit wider when I replace the stock runflats)

That car is absolutely beautiful. I love PW more and more every time I see it.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:55 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
LeeL: Thanks! I've been dreaming of this car for over 2 years and finally got to execute my plans in December of '05. I'm having a blast!

I've thought of going for the Aero grills, but I p-shopped it and it just didn't look right... too much black. I've also seen photos of a German auto body school project where they took a white MCS, slammed it hard (it had to be rubbing in the back!) and took the chrome to white. It looked very stealth... I'll dig around a bit to see if I can find that pic.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:01 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My p-shop that came from a PW/B car w/ aerokit and painted arches

Old 03-31-2006, 02:03 PM
daemon2
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jfunkmd
Just got word that our 5 door GTI is officially on order with VWoA. Now those H&R coilovers, Rial Nogaro',s and APR chip will have somewhere to live soon, other than in our garage!

This is a very nice car...but...Can't we convince you to buy a MINI?

Old 03-31-2006, 03:48 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Well, to each his own, different folks different strokes. Less aggressive please

Old 03-31-2006, 04:47 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ur right

Last edited by chows4us; 06-05-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:58 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
I would rather drive wicked golfs vw then that blue POS
thanks... i think.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Show me your shaved, low, wide, poke, stretch..!