Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Show me your shaved, low, wide, poke, stretch..!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:59 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's the pic I was talking about earlier...

I think it's a pearlized white... not PW. They slammed it and painted all the chrome and arches. The window tint is a bit extreme for the street

Old 03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[quote=chows4us]
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Personally, I could care less. Like I said, to each their own. I just dont like them .... MINIs are MEANT to be youified. Plain looks boring to me. Even if they sold for $1M at Barrett-Jackson, I still don't like the look ... its called an "opinion"

Spend your money however you like ... that doens't mean everyone has to like whatever anyone else has done. This is no different than the "chick/gay" car thing. If your seeking validation ... well don't always expect it.
If you are so pro-"to each their own", how can you use such normative words as "blah", "boring", "grandma's car", and "plain"? Seems rather hypocritical to say that you agree with "to each their own" when you put someone else's car down for being "their own". That doesnt make much sense at all. If you truly were ok with people youifying their car, you would feel that those cars showed a lot of youifying and thus a good effort.

If you believe in Youifying, then you believe that the car can be seen as an extension of one's tastes and personality. Thus, if you believe in Youifying and STILL call their car boring and blah.....aren't you then calling that person boring and blah? That doesnt seem very nice of you

I was never seeking validation. I dont really care for validation ...I just wish that other people didnt feel the need to disapprove publically with harsh words such as "broing". You called our style boring, that hurts and doesnt help us at all in anyway. This forum is about helping others, if there is something negative that needs to be said because to help others....by all means, post it. But if there is something negative to say that is just a simple negative opinion.....please, save yourself the trouble and dont type it. You are allowed to have that opinion ...but why share it, and share it in such a harsh way? As much as i don't seek validation, i dont seek hearing negative comments from people who dont like certain styles either.

If there is a discussion all about vanilla ice cream and all of its great traits between a bunch of vanilla-lovers.....does it seem helpful or productive in any way for a chocolate-lover to say "vanilla tastes yucky" SIMPLY because he likes chocolate? No.

So, please....if you truly believe in the "to each their own" belief that you preach, practice it and allow us to do our own while you do your own. There is no reason to rain on our parade just because it's different from your parade.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by FlynHawaiian
I would rather drive wicked golfs vw then that blue POS
wow...very informative....thanks for the post

Old 03-31-2006, 05:10 PM
MSFIT
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow...very informative....thanks for the post
seriously...great way to represent our community towards other car communities...

can we vote ban people?

Old 03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
chows4us
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, please....if you truly believe in the "to each their own" belief that you preach, practice it and allow us to do our own while you do your own. There is no reason to rain on our parade just because it's different from your parade.
You got a point .... it was just an opinion, no need to look to deep into it. If your feelings were hurt cause of it ... I apoligize, that wasnt the intention.

Last edited by chows4us; 06-05-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:15 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by agranger

I think it's a pearlized white... not PW. They slammed it and painted all the chrome and arches. The window tint is a bit extreme for the street

i loved the color. and i'm in love with the painted chrome rings around the head lights. I just Emailed my MA to see if they can piant mine to match the paint aswell.... thatssss soo clean

Old 03-31-2006, 05:20 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

M7 is working on a clients Mini that's Pearl White...filled with Cosworth pieces and will be at the Dragon

Old 03-31-2006, 05:58 PM
JohnMonk
Coordinator :: Nashville–Middle Tennessee MINI Club
This is a work in progress, but I just shaved the rear wiper today.
Name:  shavedwiper.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  21.6 KB
It's almost dechromed, I still have the headlights to go.
Name:  beast16.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  51.3 KB

Old 03-31-2006, 08:38 PM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
looks fantastic john!

as for this thread... it's pretty much inevitable that it will turn into a bit of a flame war. unfortunately not everyone is completely tolerant of other people's tastes. also not everyone is able to take constructive criticism so well. this doesn't mean the whole thing should be locked or anything... but take everything on this thread with a grain of salt and try not to over-react if you feel you've been knocked for your particular 'taste'.

anyway...
I have to say thanks to the original poster for making an effort to jump to our side of the fence and try and have a nice discussion on the subject we all have in common (cars). While I'm sure there are some out there that have thought of and possibly executed the techniques used in the vw community I think the majority of us haven't. this surely doesn't mean it's a bad idea... mostly just that it's a new idea. the reality of it is that the MINI is still a very new brand and most of the cars are still under warranty. I think once there are more non-warranteed examples as well as a drop in the resale value (god forbid) there will be people making some more advanced mods. There are surely a number of things that can be done but all will void the warrantee. I too came from the mini-truck community and my first mod was shaving door handles and I ended up with a full body drop, bags and whatnot. this isn't exactly the same as the euro style, but many of the advanced bodywork is very similar.

If I had no worries about warrantee and blue was going to be a show car I'd shave all of the beltline trim or color code everything... door handles can be shaved as well as the side lights, trim, emblems and wipers... hell, color coding all of the trim and filling all the gaps will go a long way.

all I have to do is win the lottery and I'll make a MINI that would be distictly 'euro'... but for now I'm enjoying blue just the way he is. that's really the point here right? enjoying our cars? I sure hope so... and hopefully everyone can enjoy the other cars for their strong points and for the love and work that the owners put into them regardless of them being your style.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
some clean gtis

Old 03-31-2006, 10:16 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
ooo both are very sexy....especially the second one

Old 03-31-2006, 10:16 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini

Nice!

Seems we have somewhat similar vdub taste.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:41 AM
agranger
6th Gear
On that black GTI from the previous post... How do you get in?

Old 04-01-2006, 04:47 AM
agranger
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JohnMonk

It's almost dechromed, I still have the headlights to go.
Very nice car... I'm not a huge fan of the aero bumpers, but I thought long and hard about the aero grills for my PW/PW/PW (body/roof/arches). It didn't work w/ my wheels (I love the webspokes)... too much isolated black. With your wheels, it looks more at home.

It's the details that the lovers of that car will notice in a Euro look... the M7 splitter, the blacked-out side marker grills and gas cap, the shaved rear wiper.

There is a ton of detail in going for this look... dozens of tiny little decisions that have a huge impact on the final appearance. Very nice job, John.

Old 04-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
On that black GTI from the previous post... How do you get in?
Cars with shaved handles have things called "poppers". You usually have buttons on a key chain remote that allow you to press them and the doors will pop open enough for you to grab them and open them up.

Old 04-01-2006, 07:50 AM
SoCar S
4th Gear
** Editted.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:19 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SoCar S
Which POS are you refering to?
It's rather funny.....he's talking about this beautiful car. I would love to see his car. I hope he posts pics of his MINI. Otherwise i just can't take him seriously.

Beautiful rare wheels with a nice dish, shaved door handle indents, lowered the perfect amount, perfect paintjob for such an old car, subtle body ground effects, nice tinted brake lights. Couldnt really ask for more.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
...nevermind....deleted

Old 04-01-2006, 09:44 AM
SoCar S
4th Gear
I have seen that car a number of times.... I love the old VW A3 body.

Very nice.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:51 AM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A vr6 Cabrio....thats sick. Talk about a sleeper.

Now, if i could only find my dream Veedub (dont laugh again rally, or you misfit, i will slap you both upside the head )
'91 Passat GL Wagon, in the Seafoam Green color with a Grey cloth interior with a 5 speed and either a later 1.8t ( like from a 00 and up) or a vr6....

Old 04-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
i didnt laugh at you.....just that you wanted ANOTHER project car (remember what your dad said )

Maybe you and i should go in on that project together and split the costs.....i love euro wagons

Old 04-01-2006, 02:10 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
I would be up for that...i have the room now too....

Its just going to be a problem finding a 91 Wagon with a 5 speed, im not gonna do any auto to manual conversion on one of these....

Old 04-01-2006, 02:30 PM
VDub GTI
1st Gear
haha is that a joke?
thanks for the replies once again

Old 04-01-2006, 03:01 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by not-so-rednwhitecooper
'91 Passat GL Wagon, in the Seafoam Green color with a Grey cloth interior with a 5 speed and either a later 1.8t ( like from a 00 and up) or a vr6....
Actually that color is bright surf green. One of my best buds owns a VR6 swapped Mk3 golf in that color.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:10 PM
not-so-rednwhitecooper
6th Gear
hmm i must be thinking a different color.....

this is the color i want, which i thought was called Seafoam Green....

I wish i had taken more pictures of my old passat, these are all i have.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Show me your shaved, low, wide, poke, stretch..!