Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Show me your shaved, low, wide, poke, stretch..!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:33 AM
DrPhilGandini
My little dose of LITHIUM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been lurking for a while. I think the GTI lends itself to the "clean" look and some of the ones shown here are pretty darn impressive! I attended AMVIV and gotta tell you that of the 260+ MINIs there (each one personalized, no question) there were about 20 that actually looked non-stock! The problem with the MINI promotion is that there's no such thing as a stock MINI, and each buyer is encouraged to add wheels, stripes, etc to personalize the car. I've tried really hard to de-bling my MINI:

I am powder coating the gas cap black and have removed the rear wiper to shave a little. Custom made the shark fin XM antenna to keep things low.
But to be honest, my car just faded into the background at AMVIV--the attention was on stripes, and flames, and chrome trim. I don't think there's much interest in clean, smooth MINIs.
cheers, phil

Old 04-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gandini
I am powder coating the gas cap black and have removed the rear wiper to shave a little. Custom made the shark fin XM antenna to keep things low.
But to be honest, my car just faded into the background at AMVIV--the attention was on stripes, and flames, and chrome trim. I don't think there's much interest in clean, smooth MINIs.
cheers, phil
See....i realy like your car. Just because the typical MINI owner is attracted to weird things such as flames and vinyl everywhere doesnt mean that the euro MINIs arent hot. People never notice all of the mods i make to mine...but its smooth.

In terms of the gas cap....isnt it chromed plastic? I thought it was, which means that you need to paint it instead of powdercaoting it

As much as they tell us to personalize the cars, you are right, most people just follow the same cookie cutter with the vinyl and cheap wheels...but some people will be pushing the boundaries.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:33 PM
DrPhilGandini
There were few Motoring Underground cars at AMVIV -- nice! (I also really like your sig graphic, RallyMINI!!)
Anyway, I hooked up with a fellow-NAMer who is getting my gas cap powder coated, as he has done 2 already. They are actually metal--that casting zinc alloy that lots of non-structural parts are made of. Easy to powdercoat.
(I had to go out of state as the 3 places I called all wanted $150 -- minimum order -- to do my cap. Now I know parts for MINIs are expensive [think header...] but 2 C-notes for a black gas cap is reeeedikulus.)
cheers, phil

Old 04-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
hahah oops didnt think it was metal...COOL The black will look very nice.

Yah a few of our eastern members were out at AMVIV...and a lot of people joined up after the event. It's a nice little place for people interested in testing the boundaries with either styling (like the euro things) or with performance (TC) Feel free to join if you want

Old 04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
dark06mcs
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
subtlety

gandini

i've always tried to mod my cars and trucks such that half of the things are so subtle that you miss them on the first glance. or you might not even notice at all the first time. then a few minutes later the thought that something wasnt quite right sinks in and you have to go back for a second look.

i totally dig the rear wiper delete. not sure i'm gutsy enough to do it myself. and ever thought about a switch to a cooper gas lid? more flush with the body panel.

also, a thought: since it has been stated that there arent a lot of "euro" minis... how about some photochop?

i'm working on some things and hope to post eventually...

Old 04-12-2006, 06:33 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Rally,

I am having the drop this weekend, and already have the APR 93 on it (Berk= ), I will pm you some pics and also rim choices we can discuss. For now, MSFIT material:

Old 04-12-2006, 06:56 PM
chefdog96
2nd Gear
u want euro?! i'll give you euro! ahahah

that passat wagon brought back old dreams. my dream wheels (too bad they've been discontinued for years) and a horrible photoshop job. i'm a mk2 fan for life and these wheels always looked perfect on those cars. have always wondered how'd they look on my Ulga.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:00 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
it looks like GMC quadrasteer trucks Nice rims, let me work on the photoshop and i can get back to you on that

Old 04-12-2006, 07:04 PM
chefdog96
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini
it looks like GMC quadrasteer trucks Nice rims, let me work on the photoshop and i can get back to you on that
yeah that;s cause my MINI does have quadrasteer. it's special....

Old 04-12-2006, 07:06 PM
agranger
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ScuderiaMini

You ought to think about getting some tires for those rims!

Old 04-12-2006, 07:09 PM
ncdave
5th Gear
Phil - I've got lots of chrome and stripes on mine but I have to say that your car looks fantastic!

Old 04-12-2006, 07:40 PM
polizei
6th Gear
Yea, what size tires are those? Like 225/30/19?

Old 04-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by chefdog96
that passat wagon brought back old dreams. my dream wheels (too bad they've been discontinued for years) and a horrible photoshop job. i'm a mk2 fan for life and these wheels always looked perfect on those cars. have always wondered how'd they look on my Ulga.
oh look...you can still buy those wheels and in MINI fitment size...its perfect....now you MUST buy them and make that pic a reality

http://www.memoryfab.com/wheels/used...0060306034255/

Old 04-13-2006, 01:46 PM
VDub GTI
1st Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Yo...me and a fellow mini'r are going to waterfest this year to meet with my sponsor who has a booth this year (eastern euro tuning)....if you are in that part of NJ let me know and we could meet up. I live on LBI all summer, so let me know.
i'm about an hour and a half from englishtown, nj (raceway park) but i'll most definately be there. biggest vw/audi show in north america!!

Old 04-13-2006, 01:47 PM
AZMCS
6th Gear
Dayyyum!!

Looking good! What body kit?? Reiger? FYI did you check the GB on Neuspeed sways over at the 'Tex??

Let's see parts sitting in the garage for a yet to be purchased GTI:
H&R coils
BBS 18x8 CH
BF Goodrich KDW's
color matched side indicators
Neuspeed Swaybar (shipping)

Originally Posted by scuderiamini

Old 04-13-2006, 01:51 PM
VDub GTI
1st Gear
get rid of the huge skirts and stickers and it would be hot

Old 04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
VDub GTI
1st Gear
everyone in the vw mk4 forum drools over bbs rs wheels. they're sick wheels, but i would go with something else. except this is just pure sex...

Old 04-13-2006, 02:57 PM
ScuderiaMini
6th Gear
Hey Joel,

I have the H&R coilovers and sways sitting here, just waiting for the next week to come. do not forget the euro Light Switch and Vag-com Where did ya get the CHs? Dude, our cars are gonna look alike

Originally Posted by jfunkmd
Dayyyum!!

Looking good! What body kit?? Reiger? FYI did you check the GB on Neuspeed sways over at the 'Tex??

Let's see parts sitting in the garage for a yet to be purchased GTI:
H&R coils
BBS 18x8 CH
BF Goodrich KDW's
color matched side indicators
Neuspeed Swaybar (shipping)

Old 04-13-2006, 03:23 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Originally Posted by VDub GTI
everyone in the vw mk4 forum drools over bbs rs wheels. they're sick wheels, but i would go with something else. except this is just pure sex...
bbs' are so over played

Old 04-13-2006, 07:22 PM
DrPhilGandini
Don't let my contribution to this thread make it die! (Im starting to think that my posting to a thread is the kiss of death!) Please... Even though there seems to be a lot of VWs on it, it really is about MINIs that look clean, and Euro, and shaved and low, and ... ah, you know what I mean. ***Thats' why we need a gallery of NAM cars, no BS, no fluff, just photos and specs of cars (read my post on another forum...)
cheers, phil

Old 04-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by wikedgolf
bbs' are so over played
there is no such thing as "over-played" melissa BBS look good no matter what....who cares if they are "popular" in the euro crowd (even though they are rare wheels)

Old 04-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gandini
Don't let my contribution to this thread make it die! (Im starting to think that my posting to a thread is the kiss of death!) Please... Even though there seems to be a lot of VWs on it, it really is about MINIs that look clean, and Euro, and shaved and low, and ... ah, you know what I mean. ***Thats' why we need a gallery of NAM cars, no BS, no fluff, just photos and specs of cars (read my post on another forum...)
cheers, phil
low and clean (my new MCS will be 10 times better thanks to eastern euro tuning )

Old 04-13-2006, 08:33 PM
DrPhilGandini
Rally: I can always count on you to keep it alive! hey, you need to update your sig graphic to match your MINI--I love what you did to the BRG (sort of--depends if you have a calibrated monitor or not) MINI in your sig, but yours is Chilli Red. I want to see a CR sig-woohoo. (I am working on a sig for my MU inauguration!)
cheers, phil

Old 04-13-2006, 08:45 PM
chefdog96
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
oh look...you can still buy those wheels and in MINI fitment size...its perfect....now you MUST buy them and make that pic a reality

http://www.memoryfab.com/wheels/used...0060306034255/
15's are a bit easier to find. it's the 16's i'm interested in.....BUT SOME DAY I TELL YA! SOME DAY!

Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Strom
4th Gear
I'm going for the cleaner look, though I don't think it can be called 'euro'. Here's a recent shot, though I have added a set of anthracite OZ Ultraleggeras since. I'll try to take a new picture tomorrow - I think it looks a lot better with the new wheels.

My next modifications will hopefully include wider fenders and some chrome removal to give the car a wider, cleaner look.

Quick Reply: Interior/Exterior Show me your shaved, low, wide, poke, stretch..!