Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior hood stripes and steering wheel compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Saaboteur
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hood stripes and steering wheel compatibility

Couple questions. I've acquired a set of factory hood stripes. Are there any online factory instructions? I want to know what the factory says for precise placement of the stripes.

I'm also contemplating buying a triple spoke steering wheel from the marketplace, off an '06 car. I've got an '02 - should fit? Splines should be the same? Any wiring issues? I don't have any steering wheel mounted controls other than the horn.

Any help appreciated.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Hngn on n the psnger seat
6th Gear
Ok so i really dont have an answer to your question but i had to say that my foggy brain was wondering why your hood stripes wouldnt be compatible with your steering wheel

I am sure somebody will be able to help

Old 04-14-2006, 06:21 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Couple questions. I've acquired a set of factory hood stripes. Are there any online factory instructions? I want to know what the factory says for precise placement of the stripes.

I'm also contemplating buying a triple spoke steering wheel from the marketplace, off an '06 car. I've got an '02 - should fit? Splines should be the same? Any wiring issues? I don't have any steering wheel mounted controls other than the horn.

Any help appreciated.
Some one on here has an 02-04 steering wheel on their 05-06 MINI. So I think they are compatible.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:40 PM
CustomAV
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Hngn on n the psnger seat
Ok so i really dont have an answer to your question but i had to say that my foggy brain was wondering why your hood stripes wouldnt be compatible with your steering wheel

I am sure somebody will be able to help
Didn't you know that you must make sure that the stripes are in proper alignement with the center spoke of the wheel. Considering the angles of deflection on the bonnet and the curve of the earth it may be impossible to achive this, thus the compatibility is a problem....

I couldn't help it... cut myself off early at the bar tonight and decided to become a pest on NAM instead

chris

Old 04-14-2006, 07:00 PM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by CustomAV
Didn't you know that you must make sure that the stripes are in proper alignement with the center spoke of the wheel. Considering the angles of deflection on the bonnet and the curve of the earth it may be impossible to achive this, thus the compatibility is a problem....

I couldn't help it... cut myself off early at the bar tonight and decided to become a pest on NAM instead

chris
You think steering/stripe alignment is tough...I've spent all day aligning my cross drilled strut tower to the yellow road stipes...still don't know who wrote the instructions for this skit Enough of that...I'm moving on to the 500cc oil vacuum gauge install...

Old 04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
CustomAV
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MSFITOY
You think steering/stripe alignment is tough...I've spent all day aligning my cross drilled strut tower to the yellow road stipes...still don't know who wrote the instructions for this skit Enough of that...I'm moving on to the 500cc oil vacuum gauge install...
only you Sid.... only you....

although I did just spend 20 freaking minutes trying to get my newly covered red leather door armrests back into position!!!!... Who in the h*&^ designed that attachment.....