Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Why should I read instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:47 AM
COOPER FLAGS
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why should I read instructions?

We all do it, and graphics installers are no different.

We get calls from Mini owners asking if the water will eventually dry out under their newly installed perforated sunroof cover, or why are the edges starting to peel? Unfortunately, it is because the installer did not read the installation instructions we provided. When selecting an installer, you should ask if they have experience with large format graphics, vehicle wraps, dry installation methods, etc. I spook with an installer this week and discovered he has installed many of our graphics for individual Mini owners as well as doing the installs for a dealership, unfortunately he never read our instructions. This installer uses the wet install method for our "Dry Install Only" graphics as well as removing the clear protective laminate from our perforated sunroof covers. This laminate is there to protect the inks from prematurely fading and prevent dirt from filling the holes, with out, failure is inevitable.

There are a lot of great installers out there, some are trained in all aspects of vinyl installations and others are limited to specific types of vinyls and installations, make sure your installer is qualified to install your specific graphic.

You invest a good deal of time and money choosing the right graphic to customize your Mini and a simple installation should not ruin the experience. If you have any doubts or concerns about the installers ability, please give us a call and I'll see if I can recommend someone in your area.

Thank you for choosing Cooper Flags,
Ed

Old 04-16-2006, 09:08 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excellent advise.......it's a scary world out there! Best to go w/ the best...and that can take a good bit of research.