Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Best car cover for the MINI.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006 | 03:06 PM
racinbmw
|
3rd Gear
Best car cover for the MINI.

Ok who do you think has the best indoor outdoor car cover made for the MINI or MCS? I just am curious because i am thinking of buying a cover but I want one that lasts and that is protective.
Thanks

Old 05-19-2006 | 06:32 AM
qwertmonkey
6th Gear
Well, there are quite a few. I like the one from MINI with the BIG zipper. Thats just my personal preferance.

Old 05-19-2006 | 08:20 AM
JeffM
3rd Gear
The MINI outdoor cover is nice and fits very well, but I wouldn't recommend it for long term outdoor storage. It's waterproof and not breathable, so after a wet period you can get condensation under it, and that left some marks from the material on my roof once (they came off with a little cleaner wax, but still...). For storing the car more than a week or two, I'd get a breathable cover made from Noah fabric or something. I've got one of those for my Alfa and like it a lot. If you're just protecting it for short periods, and never put the cover on wet, the MINI outdoor covers is excellent. It's light, tight so it won't flap in the wind, and packs pretty small into an included and attached bag. Also, the license plate shows through a clear window so if you're parked in a lot by permit where someone needs to verify your plate number, it's perfect.

Old 05-19-2006 | 08:22 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
I've got both the OEM and Moss covers if you want to hop over to Santa Cruz for a test fit.

Old 05-19-2006 | 08:47 AM
racinbmw
|
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland
I've got both the OEM and Moss covers if you want to hop over to Santa Cruz for a test fit.
Eric,
I will have to take you up on that sometime, however I am more curious about which cover you prefer and why?
Thanks

Old 05-19-2006 | 08:54 AM
HEMI-MINI
4th Gear
I have the NOAH all-weather cover and I am extremely happy with it so far. It breathes and holds up very well to hard and heavy rain. Easy to maintain and easy to put on and take off the car.

Old 05-19-2006 | 09:11 AM
MSFITOY
OVERDRIVE
I don't have one yet (keep being pushed back by useless things like tires, gauges, coil-overs, etc ) but if I were to pick one...I think this is probably the best deal out there for looks and functionality...

Stratmosphere.com

Old 05-19-2006 | 09:53 AM
kapps
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HEMI-MINI
I have the NOAH all-weather cover and I am extremely happy with it so far. It breathes and holds up very well to hard and heavy rain. Easy to maintain and easy to put on and take off the car.
Another vote for the NOAH cover here. I have been extremely happy with the quality and breathability. I got mine here. Search under BMW. It even has enough room up front for rally lights on upper or lower grill.

Old 05-19-2006 | 10:27 AM
promking
2nd Gear
I have the Mini cover that looks like a car and I like it. It fits nice and snug, is easy to fold up and stores neatly in it's own attached bag. Also, I park on the street in the city and the camouflage nature of the design makes it that much more anonomys at night. As far as it bieng waterproof I didn't know that. Is that bad for the finish? I don't put it on wet and I dust the car prior to putting it on.

Old 05-19-2006 | 10:39 AM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by racinbmw
Eric,
I will have to take you up on that sometime, however I am more curious about which cover you prefer and why?
Thanks
The OEM looks cool , folds up smaller and has its own bag- it's a nylon type material.

The Moss is a bit thicker made from duravent? Not as compact or light as OEM, so it folds up bigger, but also doesnt' get blown around as much when putting it on.

I see the OEM as good for trips or light use. The Moss would be better for longer term storage, for the reasons JeffM related.

Quite honestly I don't use them much as I sucked it up and left the miata outside and put the MINI in my tiny, one car garage. Between that and how filthy the rear end gets, they don't get much use. I bought the Moss before I got the car, and got a deal on the OEM on ebay (yeah, I'm a geek.)