Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Zeemax.com purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006 | 11:39 AM
silver_baby
|
1st Gear
Zeemax.com purchase

Has anyone actually purchased the Zeemax kit directly from the website? (Please don't bash my personal opinion of wanting this kit.) I am looking for anyone that has purchased a kit from Zeemax.com to tell me how they did it. I have been in contact with the website, but really don't want to send all that money only to find out it's a scam, or not the right web address etc. I am ready to pull the trigger..

Old 06-08-2006 | 11:58 AM
DrueDown
2nd Gear
Oh man.. they got the correct domain, it looks kinda official with nice photographs, but I just can't get past how poorly designed of a website it is.

I would not even order COD from that site. There has to be other Online Vendors that sell that kit, I personally would not give them my Credit Card number.

Old 06-08-2006 | 12:08 PM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
Old 06-08-2006 | 12:23 PM
silver_baby
|
1st Gear
Yeah, if you buy from Zeemax...it's much cheaper...so I am looking for anyone that has purchased from there before I go the expensive route. Those that have purchased Zeemax, where did you get them from?

Old 06-08-2006 | 12:41 PM
silver_baby
|
1st Gear
Okay, just found this too..http://www.newmini.org/content/products.htm

they point directly to that website...

please let there be someone that has ordered directly from them. You can buy it, shipped for under $4000, which is $1000 cheaper than any other site I've seen.

Old 06-08-2006 | 03:27 PM
UKSUV
6th Gear
One of my friends here in AZ had the kit on her Mini before she sold it. I will ask her where she got it.

Old 06-08-2006 | 08:10 PM
saifa
4th Gear
I think you need to do a little more pricing research. Buying a body kit from overseas is VERY expensive as far as shipping and such.

That kit on Zeemax'z site is 1675UK thats about 3086.37USD
Now add brokerage, applicable taxes, disbursements and customs fees and you can guarrantee a few extra hundred bucks on the total.

Woops...we forgot shipping! The box will be at least 6 feet x 4 feet x 4 feet and while it may not be heavy they calculate freight charges based on cubed weight and dimensions. If your not into **** sex...your about to be! Shipping will be cheaper via ship (air freight on that size will be brutal) and will come to a sea port. At that point you'll have to arrange a secondary shipping method or use the air freight option or simply pick it up.

I would call someone at say UPS and get them to walk you through the costs and method of shipping...your looking at I would guess close to 750 or 1000 by the time you add up all the things i said above.

Yopu can try www.minispeed.co.uk they know the guys at Zeemax and also sell the La Vacca kit which I've always liked. Either way good luck! I'm jealous!!!

Seann

Old 06-08-2006 | 08:11 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by UKSUV
One of my friends here in AZ had the kit on her Mini before she sold it. I will ask her where she got it.

she got it through me...

I got it direct

Old 06-08-2006 | 08:21 PM
silver_baby
|
1st Gear
I did talk to themn (email), and they quoted me 250 pds for shipping. I specifically inquired about VAT expenses and what not. Total quote was 1925 pds. My experience has been that single items get through shipping pretty easily, it's when you buy in quantity that brokers become necessary, but I could be wrong. Purchasing from myministuff.com. (Mike) wasn't an issue at all. That was a piece of cake and that was overseas.

I asked for a discount from Zeemax.com and they offered me one, that brings the entire total to about $3200 US including shipping. And before I go off and buy this (must pay for it first) I wanted to see if anyone else has done it. I don't just want to hand someone my money for nothing. And since the two payment methods are next to impossible to recover payment from if it was a hoax (wire transfer or sterling check) I seeking another person who has purchased from them. This could easily be on the upfront and real deal, but I feel better about checking it out first.

TULS, where did you get your kit?

Old 06-08-2006 | 08:32 PM
Tüls
Turbius Maximus
Originally Posted by silver_baby
I did talk to themn (email), and they quoted me 250 pds for shipping. I specifically inquired about VAT expenses and what not. Total quote was 1925 pds. My experience has been that single items get through shipping pretty easily, it's when you buy in quantity that brokers become necessary, but I could be wrong. Purchasing from myministuff.com. (Mike) wasn't an issue at all. That was a piece of cake and that was overseas.

I asked for a discount from Zeemax.com and they offered me one, that brings the entire total to about $3200 US including shipping. And before I go off and buy this (must pay for it first) I wanted to see if anyone else has done it. I don't just want to hand someone my money for nothing. And since the two payment methods are next to impossible to recover payment from if it was a hoax (wire transfer or sterling check) I seeking another person who has purchased from them. This could easily be on the upfront and real deal, but I feel better about checking it out first.

TULS, where did you get your kit?
yeah I did the same thing it sounds like you are doing.... for it.. just find a shop that's amazing to do the work... or bring it to me! LOL

Old 06-09-2006 | 04:51 AM
saifa
4th Gear
Let me know when your thinking of buying...I might grab one as well. Maybe they'll give us a better price for 2!!

I would still talk to local UPS and such to find out about extrance fees. The quote they gave you does not count fees fom customs and such.

Old 06-09-2006 | 11:56 AM
UKSUV
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Tuls

she got it through me...

I got it direct
Well, okay then.....

Old 06-09-2006 | 12:31 PM
silver_baby
|
1st Gear
Well, I'm thinking of buying very, very soon if I can figure out if this is the right guy. I sent him an email to see if there was more of a discount for multiples. We will see what he says. I also asked if they take credit cards, because currently he offered two purchase options, wire transfer or check, both in sterling.

Old 06-09-2006 | 01:56 PM
elbum0
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DrueDown
Oh man.. they got the correct domain, it looks kinda official with nice photographs, but I just can't get past how poorly designed of a website it is.

I would not even order COD from that site. There has to be other Online Vendors that sell that kit, I personally would not give them my Credit Card number.
I know what you mean! I'm a web designer so I get annoyed at websites pretty easily, and I'm always basing purchase decisions on who's website is better.