Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Installed my Auto Armrest King armrest

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:05 PM
RonP
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed my Auto Armrest King armrest

Very easy install, only 4 screws with caps. I parked on a level surface and ran the level across the rear cupholder to check to make sure I was level and then opened the top of the armrest and ran the level across it. Once level I marked the two rear mounting holes, drilled and then screwed it in. Checked to make sure it was still level, I marked, drilled and installed the two front screws...done.

The base of the armrest is a molded plastic which seemed a bit flimsy but once installed it's quite solid. As you can see from my pics below it does not cover the rear cupholder, it also folds up and out of the way and (the best part) storage inside.

A very nice, well built armrest and at a price of $95 shipped not a bad deal at all. Considering the others out there this by far fit my needs the best. Link: http://www.armrest-autoaccessories.com/

Old 06-15-2006, 04:38 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Looks great, I may have to change out my elbow landing pad for that.
So what interior do you have? The seats look cool!
Annette

Old 06-15-2006, 04:39 PM
BriNYU
3rd Gear
Looks good. I've been wanting an armrest but havent been able to pull the trigger on the OEM armrest because of cost.

How well does it bear weight when you lean on it? Does it give/flex at all under the pressure?

I'm also wondering how well it matches the interior in terms of color and interior. The website link says that it comes in black but yours looks more like a dark grey.

In any case, it does look very nice, well done!

Thanks for any input!

Old 06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
RonP
4th Gear
So what interior do you have? The seats look cool!
I have no idea. I bought my MINI used and at that time had no idea to even ask.

How well does it bear weight when you lean on it? Does it give/flex at all under the pressure?
It does well under some weight when leaning on and it does flex a bit but only to a certain point and then stops. Mine is black, I took the pics on my driveway in the sun so the pics are a bit washed out.

I will at some point paint the base of it gray to match the center console but need to find a good quality matching gray paint first.