Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior R Speed Adjustable Arm Rest Which color should I order?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Gatorman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone with black leatherette seats ordered the Adjustable arm rest from R Speed? If so, what color did you order Black or Charcoal Gray? Which color is closer to the black leatherette seats? Thanks for your input.

Old 03-23-2003, 06:02 PM
fms
5th Gear
Hey, Gatorman, get the charcoal grey. I have the same interior, and when I talked to the guy at MINI-Mania, he was very clear that the grey matches the panther black much better than the black, since panther black isn't really black, while the armrest black is. He was absolutely right. I've got a PS/B MC, so I got mine w/ a silver bottom. It looks awesome, like it came w/ the car, but I'm sure it would look excellent w/ the black bottom as well, I don't think you could go wrong w/ either. You'll love it

Old 03-23-2003, 06:43 PM
Davenc
2nd Gear
fms - I was also thinking of getting the RSpeed armrest in Gray with the silver base but I recall reading in an earlier thread that the armrest interferes with the operation of the inboard seat recliner levers if the seat travel is set to a more rearward position to accommodate a tall driver. I'm 6'3" and have the seat pretty far back so this is a concern. How tall are you and have you found this to be a problem? Many thanks - as it does look to be a sharp, and useful, addition.

Old 03-23-2003, 07:05 PM
fms
5th Gear
Hey, Davenc. I'm only 5'8", and I've got the sports seats, but I always run my seat all the way back before I get out, so that I don't have to open the door very far in my carport. I've had absolutely NO problem whatsoever w/ the armrest and seat function. I don't mess w/ the settings much, other than to move the seat up and back- the back incline setting I leave alone, and the height setting doesn't need any fiddling with either. Even if I did mess w/ them a lot, since I don't have the lumbar support **** which some seats seem to have (S only?), there'd still be no problem. That **** might make things a problem, so I can't address that. Anyone else??

Old 03-23-2003, 11:08 PM
fms
5th Gear
Whoops, just got back from a ride in my MINI, Davenc, and it seems that the armrest does interfere some w/ easy operation of the seatback incline adjustment lever when the seat is in the middle range alongside the armrest. If you slide the seat all the way back or all the way forward, then it's easy to get to the lever. You CAN get to it when the seat is right alongside the armrest, but it's a bit awkward. I haven't messed w/ my seatback since I took deliver of the MINI and set it up for myself, so I didn't have any reason to find this out. On balance, I'd still much rather have the armrest than not, and anyone who isn't constantly adjusting their seatback would probably have the same response.

Old 03-24-2003, 07:37 AM
chollomo
4th Gear
Anybody found an armrest that doesn't screw into anything.. i hate screwing stuff in to the car.. even the cup holder. I'm a large guy who would be putting a lot of weight down on the arm rest, think any of the ones out there hold up to 250lb+ person leaning on one, i've never had any problem with built in ones before... :smile:

Old 03-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Gatorman
2nd Gear
Do You have leatherette seats or leather seats on your car?

Old 03-26-2003, 05:22 AM
chollomo
4th Gear
if you r talkgin to me leather cordoba beige..

Old 03-28-2003, 11:32 PM
retroom
4th Gear
>>Has anyone with black leatherette seats ordered the Adjustable arm rest from R Speed? If so, what color did you order Black or Charcoal Gray? Which color is closer to the black leatherette seats? Thanks for your input.

I have Panther Black cloth and Panther black door casings. The Grey/silver combination
looks perfect.

Moss MINI sells the same armrest for $129.95. Look at:
http://www.mossmini.com/cgi-bin/db2w...t?PlateID=6952

retroom

Old 03-29-2003, 07:20 AM
scooterboy
6th Gear
Hey fms,

Any chance you could post a picture of your armrest and seats?

Old 03-30-2003, 06:52 PM
fms
5th Gear
I don't currently own a digital cam, but I think I'm about to make the plunge. In the meantime, do a forum search on armrests- I've seen some great pics of the exact color combo (charcoal grey/silver) in a MINI. If it's not on MCO, then it's on MINI2- or maybe both.