Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Aero Grill, alot tougher to install then I thought.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 07:08 AM
SSMini
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are a couple pics before and after the grill install.

Attached Thumbnails Aero Grill, alot tougher to install then I thought.-mini-before-face-lift.jpg   Aero Grill, alot tougher to install then I thought.-mini-after-face-lift-2.jpg  
Old 07-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Smokey
6th Gear
Looks good - It really works well with that color

Psst: might want to think about some real ramps though

Old 07-12-2006, 05:44 PM
SSMini
4th Gear
Yea, My back yard ramps there. My REAL ramps are being used on my other project. I was toooo lazy to drive 10 miles to borrow my Dads ramps.

Old 07-22-2006, 10:03 AM
miniprof
4th Gear
We installed our aero grille yesterday and it went really well. Used a socket to get the nuts most of the way off, then screw driver and pliers for the last little bit. As mentioned elsewhere, loading the socket with nuts helps reinstallation.

On the lower portion, we did things a bit differently. Our dremel was acting strange, so we used a coping saw to cut down the grill. We taped a line where we wanted to cut it. Then we cut vertically next to each tab down to the desired depth of the cut. Then we angled the blade next to one tab, then cut horizontally to the next tab. We then switched the blade around and cut out the little angled pieces of plastic that were left. It took about 20 minutes to do the whole thing and there was no burning plastic to deal with!

The sticky tape was a bit of a mess, but not horrible. We didn't clean it off as well as we probably should have, as we covered that portion with black vinyl tape and now you can't see it at all anyway.

The total job took us about three hours and was well worth the effort.