Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Headrest Monitors

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003 | 06:17 PM
SUPRCHRGDMINI
|
3rd Gear
Does anyone have any pics of headrest with monitors installed in them. Also if you have them what size and brand did you go with. Also does anyone make a replacement headrest with the monitor already installed.

Old 04-10-2003 | 07:43 PM
EliteCooperS
5th Gear
>>Does anyone have any pics of headrest with monitors installed in them. Also if you have them what size and brand did you go with. Also does anyone make a replacement headrest with the monitor already installed.

on a mini cooper?? who is gonna sit in the back and watch them??

Old 04-10-2003 | 07:45 PM
sirron
5th Gear
>>Does anyone have any pics of headrest with monitors installed in them. Also if you have them what size and brand did you go with. Also does anyone make a replacement headrest with the monitor already installed.

Maybe he's into monitor lizards!

Old 04-10-2003 | 07:54 PM
ebminis
1st Gear
I havent seen any pics yet myself but i am planning on doing it as soon as my mini comes in. Im trying for 7" widescreen but i think they will be too big to go right in so ive already talked to an apolstry guy who will stretch the leather if i need him to. as for brand im doing accelevison because they have a nice pic with a low glare and i get a huge discount on them. as for u stay with a name brand and if u get them through a big company see if the offer an extended warranty plan on them cause ive seen pixels burn out quickly even in the nicest of monitors. good luck and if u wait til june ill have pics.
also i havent seen any full replacement headrest with the monitors already in them they may come out one day but not for a while. they only seem to have those for more popular suvs trucks and cars.

Old 04-10-2003 | 08:03 PM
EliteCooperS
5th Gear
>>I havent seen any pics yet myself but i am planning on doing it as soon as my mini comes in. Im trying for 7" widescreen but i think they will be too big to go right in so ive already talked to an apolstry guy who will stretch the leather if i need him to. as for brand im doing accelevison because they have a nice pic with a low glare and i get a huge discount on them. as for u stay with a name brand and if u get them through a big company see if the offer an extended warranty plan on them cause ive seen pixels burn out quickly even in the nicest of monitors. good luck and if u wait til june ill have pics.
>>also i havent seen any full replacement headrest with the monitors already in them they may come out one day but not for a while. they only seem to have those for more popular suvs trucks and cars.

who is gonna sit back there and watch them??? this is a mini cooper, remember, not an SUV.... i guess im not really into the TVs, my bro has one in his Z, which is pretty cool, cuz it fits right in the dashboard perfectly, but in a mini cooper, i dont really know

just my 2 cents

Old 04-11-2003 | 05:21 AM
SUPRCHRGDMINI
|
3rd Gear
borden,

i have an 11 month old daughter who is the car every day with me and i also want to do this for show. does it matter who is going to watch it. that is not the question i asked, please stick to the topic.

Old 04-11-2003 | 06:36 AM
jsun
6th Gear
>>borden,
>>
>>i have an 11 month old daughter who is the car every day with me and i also want to do this for show. does it matter who is going to watch it. that is not the question i asked, please stick to the topic. :???:

Old 04-11-2003 | 06:45 AM
antsmini
6th Gear
The guy is looking for useful information, if you dont have anything to add to the topic other than say "why would you do that in a mini" then just dont post. When you start flaming someone for asking a simple question you start to turn people OFF to MCO.

Old 04-11-2003 | 06:48 AM
minimotorin
6th Gear
Since I have a MINI in the oven so to speak, how do child seats fit in the back? Any difficulties?

Like the idea of monitors in the head rest. Have you looked at the ones you can buy that just hang from the back of the seat?

Old 04-11-2003 | 09:59 PM
Nobull60
6th Gear
MINI HEAD REST

FOUND THESE

Old 04-11-2003 | 10:05 PM
bbmykal
4th Gear
why not put it in the center for every one to see?

In dash with pop up LCD, or Use the NAV-TV option if you got NAV of course.

Old 04-11-2003 | 10:17 PM
Meneee
2nd Gear
>>Since I have a MINI in the oven so to speak, how do child seats fit in the back? Any difficulties?
>>
>>Like the idea of monitors in the head rest. Have you looked at the ones you can buy that just hang from the back of the seat?

I haul my seven year old daughter around and still use a car seat booster, no problems. She jumps in and buckles up. Its a little tight if someone is in the passenger seat, as long as you can slide the seat up a little its cool.